Singapore Expats Forum

Russian Translation?

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

T

Russian Translation?

Postby T » Wed, 14 Jul 2004 3:12 pm

Originally from Moscow I am now living in Singapore.

I was wondering how much demand, if any, there would be for Russian translation or related work in Singapore?

Any advice, opinions or ideas welcome.

Thanks

T

I

Postby I » Tue, 03 Aug 2004 4:28 pm

How long are you going to stay here? I'm Russian myself but am not doing translation for live 8)

skn420

hi

Postby skn420 » Wed, 27 Oct 2004 9:42 pm

hey, me too knwp russian.

we have a group of Russian spekaing friends in Singapore from different countries. If of interest pls mail me to skn420@hotmail.com and we could all meet up.

cheers!!!!!!!

SOS Russia

people help people

Postby SOS Russia » Thu, 13 Jan 2005 11:53 pm

Ordinary native citizens and lawyers help any foreigners who is in trouble in Russia or CIS countries. Local advice - gold advice. English speaking contacts. Expat chat. English - http://forum.sosrussia.com/?fid=71

Attention! If you have any information about Russian speaking people in trouble in your country - please tell us.

Good luck!

SOS Russia http://forum.sosrussia.com - in Russian language

Postby Guest » Sun, 23 Jan 2005 9:26 am

Hello! I`m russian from Estonia. There are a lot of discrimination of russian language and culture (35% of population are russian speaking). Few years ago our goverment decided to finish education in russian language from 2007 (primary and high schools). Estonia is a part of European Union since May 2004. Europe is doing nothing about our problem despite pressure from Russian Goverment. Russofobia is still strong in the western world. And i cant see any solution of this problem! I had to run away from my country 4 years ago to the UK, where i have equal opportunity and dont feel myself as a second race.

migerra@mail.ru

sp18

Postby sp18 » Mon, 07 Feb 2005 6:59 am

Hi,

I'm Russian. Live in Singapore for 1,5 years. Don't know any Russian people in Singapore. Would love to meet somebody to talk Russian to.

E-mail: nastya333@mail.ru

Fursa

Postby Fursa » Mon, 17 Oct 2005 3:32 pm

Hello, Just wanted to refresh this topic.
We are a Russian family, just moved to Singapore from Latvia.
Would like to meet Russian spk fiends and all those who are interested in the Russian spk employers.
:)

buratino

Postby buratino » Wed, 19 Oct 2005 10:21 am

Privet vsem,

I am a russian speaking and staying in Spore for 4.5 years, this is 1st time I know that there are many peoples speaking Russian here, I was study in Kiev for over 6 years and Russian is part of my life. Just want to say hello and please keep in touch as I dont want to loose my Russian language.

Thang

Seringa

Postby Seringa » Thu, 20 Oct 2005 12:11 am

Hi there,

wow, so many Russian speaking people living in Singapore. I am surprised. I am ethnically Russian so I speak the language. Would love to meet up with my fellow Russians :)color=blue][/color]

deb96
Chatter
Chatter

Postby deb96 » Thu, 27 Oct 2005 9:53 am

как дела!

I have 4 freinds from russia here in Singapore! Do drop by the downtown east to meet them up in person. They are having a live performance at the downtown east till Nov.
For this Helloween, there will be 3 shows....3pm, 5pm and 7pm for the festival! starting from Friday!

Da!

деби

deb96
Chatter
Chatter

Postby deb96 » Thu, 27 Oct 2005 4:46 pm

hello!! I am back 1 Anyone to reply me about the Russian exchange?? :wink:

BillTheCat

Postby BillTheCat » Fri, 25 Nov 2005 1:39 pm

Жил в России 8 лет. Уже год в S’pore. Жду снега, а кажется здесь зим нет. Что делать? :?
._ __/| .
.\`O_o' .
.=(_ _)=.- Ack! Phttpt!! Nyet!!!
.....U......

"Optimism is the madness of insisting that all is well when we are miserable."

madwolfie
Manager
Manager

Postby madwolfie » Fri, 25 Nov 2005 1:43 pm

Hmmm... before you came here, you do know Singapore lies on the equator and does not have snow, right? :)

BillTheCat

Postby BillTheCat » Fri, 25 Nov 2005 4:56 pm

А вот!! On the equator! That would explain palm trees and no snow. Спасибо огромное! :wink: А откуда ты знаешь русский язык дикий волк?

._ __/| .

.\`O_o' .

.=(_ _)=.- Ack! Phttpt!! Nyet!!!

.....U......

"Optimism is the madness of insisting that all is well when we are miserable."

madwolfie
Manager
Manager

Postby madwolfie » Fri, 25 Nov 2005 4:59 pm

секрет :P