Singapore Expats Forum

Looking to make Japanese friends

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
Shadou
Regular
Regular

Looking to make Japanese friends

Postby Shadou » Wed, 07 Sep 2005 11:42 pm

Hi. After having lived in Japan for five years, and now here for two, I'm hoping to brush up on my Nihongo again (before I forget how to speak it altogether), and to share similar interests with any Japanese people living here. Care to join me for some great conversation over a drink or coffee sometime? Thanks.

Postby Guest » Thu, 08 Sep 2005 12:43 pm

hi all have forgotten how japanese rape kill our fellow country men. why learn jap language. jap econconmy is going downhill & gonna be bankrucpt any time. down fall of japan soon coming.

jap trayer

Kurt

Re: Looking to make Japanese friends

Postby Kurt » Thu, 08 Sep 2005 1:05 pm

Shadou wrote:Hi. After having lived in Japan for five years, and now here for two, I'm hoping to brush up on my Nihongo again (before I forget how to speak it altogether), and to share similar interests with any Japanese people living here. Care to join me for some great conversation over a drink or coffee sometime? Thanks.

Hi Shadou

I also spent some time in Japan and know a few Japanese people here. Perhaps we could catch up sometime? Where are you from originally? I am German (so, I guess in response to the earlier "guest"- posting, I am the descendant of those bad bad German guys, who were partners in arms with the bad bad Japanese - a funny posting by the way ;-)).

Also check out earlier posts here regarding Japanese exchanges, one is organised by Kyouli, a Singaporean lady.

cheers
Kurt

Shadou
Regular
Regular

Postby Shadou » Fri, 09 Sep 2005 9:35 pm

Hi Kurt,

Thanks for the reply. I'm originally from New York but have lived around the world since I left NY back in 1992. I spent the best five years of my life living in Japan and I do miss it. So looking to meet up with others who are Japanese or who have a love for the country.

Sure, we should catch up sometime. That would be nice. Let me know when you are free. Any other Japanese out there wishing to hang out?

bellevie

Postby bellevie » Sun, 11 Sep 2005 11:24 pm

Hi,

Is this only for Japanese? I am a local but is extremely passionate about Japan. Been there several times and learnt Japanese previously, though it is still quite lousy..hoping to brush up and rekindle it a bit :)

Kate in Singapore

Postby Kate in Singapore » Sun, 11 Sep 2005 11:45 pm

Hi all,

I'm Japanese female who has been living here for 1 1/2 year. I'm really happy to read there are people who are intrested in Nihongo...
(Actually you can find many Japanese in Singapore Don't worry!)

I often go back to Japan (Actually next month also) so I can teach you not only Nihongo but also latest Japanese culture.
Hope we can have enjoynable time with coffee or drink.

Can you drop me some plan if you have?

Thank you!

Kate

food eater jap

Postby food eater jap » Sun, 11 Sep 2005 11:56 pm

Kate in Singapore wrote:Hi all,

I'm Japanese female who has been living here for 1 1/2 year. I'm really happy to read there are people who are intrested in Nihongo...
(Actually you can find many Japanese in Singapore Don't worry!)

I often go back to Japan (Actually next month also) so I can teach you not only Nihongo but also latest Japanese culture.
Hope we can have enjoynable time with coffee or drink.

Can you drop me some plan if you have?

Thank you!

Kate

Hi kate,

can u recommend which is the best japaneses sushi bar in Singapore.

wanna meet for some good japanese sushi meal?

--sentosasg @hotmail.com--

javer
Chatter
Chatter

Postby javer » Mon, 12 Sep 2005 7:43 am

bellevie wrote:Hi,

Is this only for Japanese? I am a local but is extremely passionate about Japan. Been there several times and learnt Japanese previously, though it is still quite lousy..hoping to brush up and rekindle it a bit :)

:cool: :cool: :cool:
Belial - Personification of Evil; Synonym for Satan; Angel of Lawlessness;

Kurt

Meeting

Postby Kurt » Mon, 12 Sep 2005 11:59 am

Kate, anyone else, who'd like to meet. Maybe we can organise something, though I will be off for a few days from Friday - I am back on 27 Sept. You can PM message me and we can then arrange something. I prefer not to give out my email online.
cheers
Kurt

Shadou
Regular
Regular

Postby Shadou » Mon, 12 Sep 2005 12:43 pm

Hi Kate and everyone else,

Thanks for the reply! No, this thread is open to anyone who is either Japanese or has a desire to learn more about Japan, it's people, culture and best of all, it's food! Since I've been here, now for two years, I have yet to find a really good Japanese restaurant, although I do know that their are quite a few good ones around. Lets all plan on meeting up sometime in the near future. Please PM me to talk further.

bellevie

Postby bellevie » Mon, 12 Sep 2005 10:10 pm

javer wrote:
bellevie wrote:Hi,

:cool: :cool: :cool:

Erm..what was that for?....

Kate in Singapore

Japanese Restaurant

Postby Kate in Singapore » Mon, 12 Sep 2005 10:34 pm

Hello Shadow and Kurt,
Thank you for the message! Don't worry about Japanese Restaurant
I can tell you some... one thing is sure, the more you spend, the more you enjoy!^^ (I usually go to normal one though)

I'll be also busy until 25th, so how about meeting after that? To prevent the infromation mixed, how about sending PM to Shadow and deciding the date?

Have a nice day!

Kate

koyuli
Reporter
Reporter

Postby koyuli » Mon, 12 Sep 2005 11:36 pm

Hi Kurt San..

Are you talking about me?
Long time no see..yah?

Kurt wrote:Also check out earlier posts here regarding Japanese exchanges, one is organised by Kyouli, a Singaporean lady.

cheers
Kurt

koyuli
Reporter
Reporter

Postby koyuli » Mon, 12 Sep 2005 11:38 pm

Hi to all..

Hajimemashitte!

Do keep me posted of any upcoming gatherings.

See you soon!

KT
Chatter
Chatter

Postby KT » Mon, 12 Sep 2005 11:45 pm

Seems like a new wave is building :cool:

koyuli wrote:Hi to all..

Hajimemashitte!

Do keep me posted of any upcoming gatherings.

See you soon!
"El tango no está en los pies. Está en el corazón."