Singapore Expats Forum

Adopting a baby from China, Korea

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Prague

Adopting a baby from China, Korea

Postby Prague » Tue, 13 Jul 2004 11:42 pm

We're planning to adopt a baby from outside Singapore, probably China or Korea. It's a complete maze of red-tape and conflicting advice, so we'd like to find a couple who have already done this, so that we can get FIRST HAND knowledge.
If you are such a couple, or you can put us in contact with such a couple, please post your email or leave us a private message (PM).
thanks.

Splatted
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Splatted » Wed, 14 Jul 2004 11:15 pm

kllkjlk
Last edited by Splatted on Sat, 15 Apr 2006 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yutenji
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Adopting a baby from China, Korea

Postby Yutenji » Wed, 27 Apr 2005 8:50 pm

Prague wrote:We're planning to adopt a baby from outside Singapore, probably China or Korea. It's a complete maze of red-tape and conflicting advice, so we'd like to find a couple who have already done this, so that we can get FIRST HAND knowledge.

Hi, try the Adoptive Families of Singapore. http://www.geocities.com/afsingapore
You're right, it can be a maze of red tape, depending on where you're from, where the baby is from, etc. etc. However, this group do seem to have a good range of experience and can perhaps put you in contact with a couple who succeeded from the same circumstances as you.
Good luck, and if it doesn't work out, PM me and I'll see if there are other ways I might be able to help.