Singapore Expats Forum

Are men all like this?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

tf

Are men all like this?

Postby tf » Mon, 05 Sep 2005 1:36 am

About a year back, I caught my husband professing his undying love for a colleague at work while I was heavily pregnant with my second child. When confronted he says that he has a crush on her, but it was not a big deal as they didn't do anything. I suspect it was more because the girl was already attached and was just enjoying all the additional emotional attention from my bloke. A year on, I find it hard to trust him as there are still signs that he is restless, visiting date forums on the web and receiving and sending rather dubious emails. The thing that frustrates me is that there was absolutely no indication he was the sort that had a roving eye when we first got together many, many years back.
I will like your opinions as to if I should stick by him and hope that it is a passing phase (though the idiot is already 34) or if he is wasting my time and I am deluding myself into thinking that he will change.

Postby Guest » Mon, 05 Sep 2005 5:08 am

To have put himself in such a precarious situation when his wife was at her most vulnerable must tell you that all cannot have been well with your relationship. (i.e. when you were pregnant)
I have to be totally honest here and say that knowing this, if he is still behaving dubiously then I think he is either seeing someone or wants to find someone to see.
Whether or not you accept this is up to you.
You can make all sorts of excuses, try all sorts of remedies (making more time for each other, seeing a counsellor) but in my experience people fool themselves every day, all the time.
He was playing around then, he is doing it now.
You cannot 'profess undying love' for someone without all that went before, i.e. the looks, the kisses, the meetings, the texts, and perhaps, the sex. Of COURSE he will have told you nothing happened. Men (and women) will say anything to get themselves out of a tight spot.
My advice. Get rid of him.

banana
Reporter
Reporter

Postby banana » Mon, 05 Sep 2005 8:01 am

though the idiot is already 34

There's something oddly bittersweet about that remark.

Set the boy straight.
some signatures are more equal than others

Postby Guest » Mon, 05 Sep 2005 8:09 am

Now girls you understand why some man don't like to be married?

Postby Guest » Mon, 05 Sep 2005 8:32 am

Men are not made for one woman. Wake up. It's a men's job to spill his genes far and wide. Don't hinder your men's work. Just be a good woman and breast feed your kid.

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Postby dot dot dot » Mon, 05 Sep 2005 8:51 am

I remember this exact story was on either this forum or the angry board about half a year to a year ago.

Eric

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Mon, 05 Sep 2005 8:56 am

Anything for a bit of controversy and mud-slinging . . .

Already 34??? FFS!

'nuff said Image

banana
Reporter
Reporter

Postby banana » Mon, 05 Sep 2005 9:25 am

Yeah you'd think he'd get a Porsche or something.

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Mon, 05 Sep 2005 9:26 am

Porsche in Singapore? 2nd gear and you're in the water . . .

'nuff said Image

banana
Reporter
Reporter

Postby banana » Mon, 05 Sep 2005 9:27 am

From the sound of things he already is.

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Mon, 05 Sep 2005 9:28 am

Good point . . . :)

'nuff said Image

dcmiii

Postby dcmiii » Mon, 05 Sep 2005 9:51 am

Eric from the Netherlands wrote:I remember this exact story was on either this forum or the angry board about half a year to a year ago.

Eric

I believe I saw this post in the other expat forum around 2 or 3 months ago with the same username. OP must have saved it somewhere. :-|

beenhere10years
Chatter
Chatter

Postby beenhere10years » Mon, 05 Sep 2005 9:54 am

Anonymous wrote:Men are not made for one woman. Wake up. It's a men's job to spill his genes far and wide. Don't hinder your men's work. Just be a good woman and breast feed your kid.

It's encouraging to see that even the rudest, most offensive message can be done with good grammar and proper spelling.
When you go in for a job interview, I think a good thing to ask is if they ever press charges.

-- jack handy

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Mon, 05 Sep 2005 10:07 am

Anonymous wrote:Men are not made for one woman. Wake up. It's a men's job to spill his genes far and wide. Don't hinder your men's work. Just be a good woman and breast feed your kid.

Remember Lorena Bobbitt? :twisted:
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

beenhere10years
Chatter
Chatter

Postby beenhere10years » Mon, 05 Sep 2005 10:16 am

Boy, I sure do. I'm starting to think we were separated at birth...
When you go in for a job interview, I think a good thing to ask is if they ever press charges.

-- jack handy