Singapore Expats

Do you sell on ebay?

Discuss about computers & Internet. Including mobile phones, home appliances & other gadgets. Read about Windows security risks or virus updates.

Do you sell on ebay?

Post by Guest » Sun, 04 Sep 2005 5:58 pm

Do you sell on ebay?

If you do, may I know how do you send the products to your buyer?

Both international and in Singapore...

Thanks for your replies.

banana
Reporter
Reporter

Post by banana » Sun, 04 Sep 2005 7:17 pm

Either registered post or private courier where possible. This protects both parties from misunderstanding. Insurance should be an option available to the buyer for high value items. Offering free insurance coverage and/or shipping can help seal the deal if you can afford it.
some signatures are more equal than others

ksl
Governor
Governor

Re: Do you sell on ebay?

Post by ksl » Thu, 08 Sep 2005 4:20 am

Anonymous wrote:Do you sell on ebay?

If you do, may I know how do you send the products to your buyer?

Both international and in Singapore...

Thanks for your replies.
I'm not 100% sure, but i think you can only register on ebay in your own Country normally. There are ways around it of course, if you have a Contact in the Country where you wish to sell.

If you sign up with ebay.com, this will allow all Countries to view your items. But you will be unable to target certain Countries.

Hong Kong is selling direct to UK, oviously they have a contact address there.

varun
Regular
Regular

selling on ebay

Post by varun » Mon, 19 Sep 2005 12:05 pm

Well, I'm registered with the US site (they didn't have a Singapore eBay then) and can sell worldwide. Of course, the US site charges you for listings, so that's a gotcha.

One thing you MUST watch out for: purchases where you're required to ship the item, or provide a tracking code, for your money to be "released" by a wire-transfer firm - these are FRAUDS. Electronic transfer firms do NOT require proof of shipment to release your money. The fraudsters have become VERY good at this so please be careful.

Cheers,

- V.

ksl
Governor
Governor

Re: selling on ebay

Post by ksl » Wed, 21 Sep 2005 1:33 am

varun wrote:Well, I'm registered with the US site (they didn't have a Singapore eBay then) and can sell worldwide. Of course, the US site charges you for listings, so that's a gotcha.

One thing you MUST watch out for: purchases where you're required to ship the item, or provide a tracking code, for your money to be "released" by a wire-transfer firm - these are FRAUDS. Electronic transfer firms do NOT require proof of shipment to release your money. The fraudsters have become VERY good at this so please be careful.

Cheers,

- V.
varun wrote:Well, I'm registered with the US site (they didn't have a Singapore eBay then) and can sell worldwide. Of course, the US site charges you for listings, so that's a gotcha.
This is correct you can sell world wide, but only if you tick the world wide box, in the postage department.
What i really meant was the item location, some people are selling from Hong Kong, they have item location in UK, but actually they are sending direct from UK. if you try to register on a regional basis, you must have a regional address.

If its just ebay.com then this is the American site. ebay.com.sg also requires Singapore address, so for targeting customers its a little more difficult, unless you know the ways around, it.

Scorpion
Editor
Editor

TO Avoid

Post by Scorpion » Wed, 21 Sep 2005 6:31 pm

As per the EBay rules, dont ever pay with Moneygram or Western union.
If you are a buyer, ebay has option to claim upto $500 if the seller has not sold the item after you payment has been accepted.

Once you find a user has no longer registered in ebay, though you have won some bid in cheap rates. dont engage them on personal email.

As suggested above, if you are a seller send the items in a registered post with insurance that would benefit both parties.
:cool:
When u Need Someone to Be Beside u And No One Is Around Just Gaze Up In The Sky,u Might Not See Me But Be Sure That We r Under The Same Sky,I wl'd Never B 2 Far....