Singapore Expats Forum

Louisiana Rescue Operations A Disgrace!

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

New York Times

Postby New York Times » Sat, 03 Sep 2005 1:50 am

Fancy USA being the most advanced in the world, the most powerful country in the world, the richest in the world... but when disaster struck in their state, it all became one big total disgrace!!!

News clips of how people are suffering, running amok, looting, the rise of anarchy and how bad the state of New Orleans really is are being telecast all over the world. Can't believe that a part of the states has turned into a third world country... Holy Sh***t

Where are the efficient and effective soldiers/men/police and where are the technology??? Where is the fcuking plan?!!! I want to see it!!!

:shock:

Postby Guest » Sat, 03 Sep 2005 6:16 am

Treble tragedy for the New Orleans!

1 Declaration of Martial Law

2 Shoot to kill policy

3 Refugee Status accorded to all victims who have lost everything they ever owned in their entire lives...... in their own country! :shock:

What next for crying out loud? :shock:

European countries are shocked at the treatment of these helpless victims and so is the rest of the world.

Postby Guest » Sat, 03 Sep 2005 8:30 am

Why do you worry? You suppose to start worry, then Americans come to your country make "democracy" and "free" you.

beenhere10years
Chatter
Chatter

Postby beenhere10years » Sat, 03 Sep 2005 10:26 am

Have you made your donation to Doctors Without Borders or the Red Cross or Americares?

Well then, I guess you're just part of the problem.
When you go in for a job interview, I think a good thing to ask is if they ever press charges.

-- jack handy

Postby Guest » Sat, 03 Sep 2005 3:52 pm

The unfortunate people in New Orleans need more than DONATIONS!!

They need human touch in the form of EMPATHY, SYMPATHY, LOVE AND CARING AND SOMEONE WHO WILL LISTEN TO THEIR FEELINGS OF HOPELESSNESS, SUFFERING AND HELPNESSNESS.

THEY NEED SOMEONE TO CONSOLE THEM AND SHOW THEY COUNT!

How I wish MOTHER TERESA WERE ALIVE TODAY!

Postby Guest » Sat, 03 Sep 2005 3:55 pm

Yeah lah, US government spend 200 billion for Iraq to kill thousands Iraqis and now asking for donation! Let's send our money directly to Pentagon, American soldiers salary too low - 600$ month only.

Postby Guest » Sat, 03 Sep 2005 4:14 pm

HOW SHOCKING!!

Just because the people in NO are Afro Americans does not mean they don't have needs just like the rest of us in times of disasters, does it??

IT GETS SHOCKING AS I TYPE!!