Singapore Expats Forum

How does a thread gets sidetracked and hijacked?

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
guruvishwanath
Chatter
Chatter

How does a thread gets sidetracked and hijacked?

Postby guruvishwanath » Fri, 02 Sep 2005 2:49 pm

I was browsing through some of the threads and I found in quite a few of them, the original posters request, query was hijacked by some goobers and turning it into some sort of misguided forum for ignorant rantings. I know a lot of you have had no intentions of starting a flame up but then there's always a guest signed on who rants something inane and riles up people. Anyone been hijacked of your original intent before?

There is a post to ban guests with no proper identification not to post because these are the names under which the trolls exist. Remember, folks, its just a few amongst the good who are rotten. We cant do that because we are denying the majority of the good people to post when they are just looking for something which does not require them to become a regular.

Its a catch-22. One I hope would stop if such trolls think before they post comments which are racist, hurtful or just plain mean.

If I was an inventor, I will have invented a anti spam system which will detect such spammers and trolls and send a jolt of electricity. Since I am pipe dreaming I might as well wish for a shot to the moon. :lol:

andy.

Postby andy. » Fri, 02 Sep 2005 5:40 pm

It’s time to create forum for Bangladeshi workers in Singapore

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Fri, 02 Sep 2005 5:41 pm

Wow Mr. Troll, what happened to you?? Very unhappy in life or just bored and looking for cheap thrills?
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

Carpe Diem
Manager
Manager

Postby Carpe Diem » Fri, 02 Sep 2005 5:50 pm

eee
Attachments
KS11347.jpg
(34.88 KiB) Downloaded 192 times
La vie est trop courte, profitons de chaque instant

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Fri, 02 Sep 2005 6:01 pm

LOL!! Carpe Diem, you're precious! :lol: :lol: :lol:
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

Carpe Diem
Manager
Manager

Postby Carpe Diem » Fri, 02 Sep 2005 6:05 pm

sapphire wrote:LOL!! Carpe Diem, you're precious! :lol: :lol: :lol:

No need to mention... Oh, you're Editor as well! So we have 2 now, you and Eric...
La vie est trop courte, profitons de chaque instant

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Postby dot dot dot » Fri, 02 Sep 2005 6:06 pm

nah, this troll is not as cute as a baby.... :(

One must be really a bigtime looser to hit the keyboard like this troll, I am sure he got beaten up in real life so many times, he only dares to speak out his disgusting nonsense in his room locked and with the curtains closed.

Maybe even then he is shitting in his pants... :twisted:

What a dickhead... :?

Eric

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Fri, 02 Sep 2005 6:07 pm

Damn, now I'm an editor as well!! :oops: :oops: :oops:

guruvishwanath
Chatter
Chatter

Postby guruvishwanath » Fri, 02 Sep 2005 6:11 pm

aahh my good friend eric!

How are you?

Actually the posting that looks like rambling is actually a language called Hindi. :D Whoever wrote it basically has used choicest of words that I would only use if I am in a fight or drunk with closest of friends. :lol: Lets just say its the most colorful language i have seen in the longest of times.

I am sure saphire can understand what's written. Not flattering but just plain sad.

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Fri, 02 Sep 2005 6:16 pm

I think its sad that I understand all of it!! Including the choicest slangs. :lol: :lol:

riversandlakes
Reporter
Reporter

Postby riversandlakes » Fri, 02 Sep 2005 6:25 pm

oh, the irony of it all! A thread that complains about mindless rantings, and a kid just happened to poke the keys...
Goatboy will always cherish his former goatgirl.
But the world is full of fluffier ones.

Postby Guest » Fri, 02 Sep 2005 8:11 pm

Why can’t create forum for Bangladeshis? Isn’t illegal here?

Guestt

Postby Guestt » Fri, 02 Sep 2005 8:53 pm

Sigh, if only she knew how to set up a website...can introduce to you.

Technophobe. :(