Singapore Expats Forum

Possible to Date Singaporean women?

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
Xmann

Possible to Date Singaporean women?

Postby Xmann » Fri, 02 Sep 2005 6:25 am

I am a 30 yr old single black male about 6'4" normal weight, size etc, and a decent guy. ....(I think). I will be working in Singapore for 6 months starting in late Sept. I have heard it is hard for an African American men to meet local girls. :roll: I have never worked abroad before and hope this is incorrect or just a rumor. I would not want to spend half a year in a place were the girls are hung up on color. Can anyone help this novice? What are the ladies like?
Thanks.

riversandlakes
Reporter
Reporter

Postby riversandlakes » Fri, 02 Sep 2005 11:51 am

So you'll give up working because of a lack of ONSs? :?
Goatboy will always cherish his former goatgirl.
But the world is full of fluffier ones.

sin man

Postby sin man » Fri, 02 Sep 2005 11:58 am

hi,

a word of advice singaporean women r all gold digger wanting 4 free meal sex drink taxis ride holiday package

Bremen
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Bremen » Fri, 02 Sep 2005 1:14 pm

sin man wrote:hi,

a word of advice singaporean women r all gold digger wanting 4 free meal sex drink taxis ride holiday package

Not all by a longshot...

But it's rare to find the non-golddiggers. The women you'll normally meet in bars frequented by expats are usually gold-diggers... And the "normal" women tend to avoid dating expats for fear of shaming their families by being branded an "SPG" (basically, golddigger targetting expats).

So depends on you... If you don't mind a girl who'll want expensive dinners, etc. in exchange for her company, you'll find LOTS here.

Edit: Before certain people start objecting, yes, there are exceptions... But if you're new in SG and go to the areas normally frequented by expats (Boat quay, Clarke Quay, M. Sultan road) you have to admit that most available women there are just SPGs, or Chinese SG girls looking for Chinese SG men.
"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."
- Terry Pratchett

possible

Postby possible » Fri, 02 Sep 2005 1:29 pm

I've seen young couples with children where the husband is African and the wife is Asian. Not sure if the women are local although they look like Chinese, Indian and Malay - the three main ethinc groups here.

There are many Asian expats working in Singapore from China, India, Malaysia, Indonesia and other neighbouring countries who look like locals.

Postby Guest » Fri, 02 Sep 2005 1:33 pm

What about to date african girls? I seen in BRIX some nice blacks, anyone can share experience?

Postby Guest » Sun, 04 Sep 2005 8:40 pm

All the girls golddiggers?? No.

If you are looking for a nice girl to hang with its possible, but those $$$$$ women are out there sorry to say.

If you are looking for some"Action" there are girls in Singapore that dig darker skinned fellows. I know this cause the bloke I roomed with a year ago, a tall NBA looking Afro American guy brought home more than a couple women to our flat! I'll tell you they were NOT ugly!

AKA sleepless night for me....NOISE! :???:

Just get used to the local scene and you'll be ok! PS. I like the African girls YUM!

knnbeh

Postby knnbeh » Thu, 08 Sep 2005 9:59 am

Xmann,
Female - You can't live with them and you can't live without them.
Take it naturally.
For those you can pay with money, instance.
For those priceless, you need love and cares.

Good luck man.