Singapore Expats Forum

Something nice for a change :)

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

smiley

Re: Something nice for a change :)

Postby smiley » Fri, 02 Sep 2005 12:32 am

SwingMonkey wrote:I just received a very surprising phone call. A guy called me to ask me "Had I lost my wallet at Starbucks at SUNTEC?"

What the heck? A quick scramble around showed me that yes, I certainly *had* lost my wallet! Damn!

This kind soul said no problem, he found while having a coffee (waiting for COMEX exhibition to open) and I could come back and collect it.

When I politely tried to offer a reward - let's face it, he just saved me a *huge* amount of hassle! - he waved it off and told me to donate to a charity or something. Oh, and have a nice day and be more careful :)

This wasn't some well off dude in an Armani suit or anything, my guess would have been maybe a student or IT type, just another guy on the street.

Now, I readily admit to being pretty damn cynical. I've been wandering around Asia for nearly 15 years and seen a lot of stuff that doesn't leave me with a whole lot of faith in the Human Species....

...but every so often a simple act of generosity like this leaves me thinking that mayeb we're not totally irredeemable after all :P

Have a nice day!

=D>

This goes to prove we can be nice when we want to. There is good in everyone and we should not always look for the negative qualities in others!! Great story :D

seraphim
Reporter
Reporter

Postby seraphim » Fri, 02 Sep 2005 3:49 pm

SM....good to hear! It's a good feeling when you see that spark of hope for humanity glittering from within your average person on the street.

He's bound to have some good karma coming to him!

:D

(And you're bound to take better care of your wallet during lunch! :P )
And the sultans - yeah the sultans
they play creole...Creole, baby