Singapore Expats Forum

Re : What to look out for in a model agency

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
Hkmodel2004

Re : What to look out for in a model agency

Postby Hkmodel2004 » Wed, 31 Aug 2005 6:01 pm

Nowadays are so different from the last 15 years ago jn the modelling industry when being scouted in the street or reply to those newspapers advertisements for model maybe just another business glimmick and as usual the portfolio fee that needed to pay .
Take it a challenge if someone was so convincing that you have the potential to be a model but need you to pay for the portfolio shoot with their in- house photographer. If I am faced with these situation :
* why dun the model agency pay for me in advance and then deduct from my job gradually
*If being contracted with the model agency is it suppose that the model agency to sponsor the portfolio and groom me .What happened if I will to pay the portfolio and modelling courses and then there is no job for me at all .So to know how geninue the model agency and how professional they are : It is an investment of the agency to secure guarantee jobs for the models as 2 ways of commitment . Dun you agree ?
So dun rush into joining a model agency and to do your own observation will be the best and even friends will to introduce you to their own model agencies may not be what you wanted .
What to look out for a good model agency and what are the criteria that a successful model should possess :