Bad Service at Fatty Cheong Cantonese Restaurant

Discuss about food, eating places, shopping centres, clubs, pubs, massage, sports, travel & holidays. Share tips on best place to chill, party, relax or travel destinations.
walau7

Bad Service at Fatty Cheong Cantonese Restaurant

Post by walau7 » Wed, 31 Aug 2005 5:26 pm

This eating place is situated at Chinatown, very nearby CK dept store, just off North Bridge Rd.

Was there on Tues 2.30pm, 31 Aug. I ordered a simple roast duck noodles, and added the roast pork [siew yoke]. The food arrived in 5 mins, no prob.

BUT the roast pork was only FAT!!! There were signs of meat, but can hardly see it. You need a magnifying glass to identify the meat., So I complaint to the waitress, she shouted at the cook/butcher who was sitting outside the restaurant. He didn't even give a hoot, and stared at the waitress. The waitress walked off. I was so shocked, and I lost my appetite after that..and it cost $6 for a simple lunch with a drink.

It looks like a tourist restaurant, but I had better service in such restaurants in Chinatown or Singapore. If any of you guys go there, check your food first before paying. I checked mine, complaint, and still got ignored. First restaurant on the island where the motto is 'screw the customer' blatantly.

Wham
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Wham » Wed, 31 Aug 2005 11:23 pm

Food is cheap in Singapore and i think as a result people get spoiled. For $6 for food AND DRINK - what do you expect!!! Shesh... Not sure what you do for a living, but it takes selling a LOT of food at $6 to make a living. I used to complain about the lack of napkins at the food stalls and then one day i said to myself - for $5 for lunch - WHAT DO YOU EXPECT???

So... GO SOMEWHERE ELSE TO EAT! AND - find something more worhwhile to complain about. OH, and as for the cook - your lucky he didn't hack you with the cleaver!

Pay peanuts get money

Post by Guest » Wed, 31 Aug 2005 11:43 pm

Pay peanuts, get monkey. :shock:

riversandlakes
Reporter
Reporter

Post by riversandlakes » Thu, 01 Sep 2005 10:39 am

I thought it's standard? hehe

I paid $3.50 for a duck rice last Sunday, and I could have sworn I had about 10g of duck meat? hehe
Goatboy will always cherish his former goatgirl.
But the world is full of fluffier ones.

Post by Guest » Thu, 01 Sep 2005 11:05 am

to WHAM,

yes, $6 to u is not much, in fact too little for u. But to lots of people out there, $6 for a meal is plenty. If your cloudy head is not down where the real grassroots are, then u r sadly not in touch with the real people.

Let's say a person of your caliber is paying for a $60/meal [surely u can afford this with plenty of change], and when they served you food of certain quality that don't meet your standard, please smile, eat, and swallow lot stock barrel. No complains please, for your burnt charcoal meat, and overdone veggies, and drink...

And when u do get such service and food quality, do not complain. Expect high, mighty, kind, and pleasing words from you. Surely u have complaint once...

Anyway, I posted this just to let u guys/gals know in advance of what is out there, so the choice and decison is yours to make. That is what forums are for, information.

My intention was not to ridicule others/posters in this forum. So, to WHAM, if I have offended u, my sincere apologies.

And ur rite, I should complain about more productive stuff where true intellectuals can understand better. What do u know about food anyway?

moo

fat ass cheong

Post by moo » Thu, 01 Sep 2005 11:57 am

yo

marriedwithkids

Post by marriedwithkids » Thu, 01 Sep 2005 2:00 pm

dude, what do you expect from chinese roast pork (siew yoke) like you mentioned? It's all fat! Would be the same in any restaurant mate. It's what you ordered. If you want the meat you should have ordered BBQ pork (char siew).

Wham
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Wham » Thu, 01 Sep 2005 2:17 pm

Walau - i just paid $3.50 for more Nasi lemak than i could eat so it appears to me that YOU are the one living LARGE and throwing around the $$$...

Some things are a bad deal in singapore (like say cars and housing) and some things are a good deal (great inexpenisve food). But i am sorry - even at $6... the food is a bargain - and if it sucked - go someplace else. But complaining about food stall food is a bit embarassing and makes you look REALLY CHEAP!!!

walau7

Post by walau7 » Thu, 01 Sep 2005 2:26 pm

Truce guys,

I just like to provide information only. If I have offended anyone, my sincere apologies to all.

Peace

willl

Post by willl » Thu, 01 Sep 2005 5:44 pm

walau7 wrote:Truce guys,

I just like to provide information only. If I have offended anyone, my sincere apologies to all.

Peace
was anyone offended?

banana
Reporter
Reporter

Post by banana » Thu, 01 Sep 2005 11:09 pm

Funny how we would rather admit to being stupid, ignorant, self serving, morally suspect, ugly, cowardly, greedy, manipulative, boring...than cheap.
some signatures are more equal than others

riversandlakes
Reporter
Reporter

Post by riversandlakes » Fri, 02 Sep 2005 11:50 am

i'm cheap. I'm all for $90/year SSC gym than $80/mth Cali... :o

banana
Reporter
Reporter

Post by banana » Fri, 02 Sep 2005 8:14 pm

Yeah but you're Malaysian :P

riversandlakes
Reporter
Reporter

Post by riversandlakes » Fri, 02 Sep 2005 9:16 pm

i tell you. Bodybuilders eat bananas! :o
banana wrote:Yeah but you're Malaysian :P

banana
Reporter
Reporter

Post by banana » Sat, 03 Sep 2005 4:45 pm

riversandlakes wrote:i tell you. Bodybuilders eat bananas! :o
No homo