Singapore Expats

what the hell is incest?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
shinoko

what the hell is incest?

Post by shinoko » Wed, 31 Aug 2005 1:16 pm

okay, i just got here from another thread...its about the cousin relationship issue...

just wondering because i called a couple of law companies and they told me there is not restrictiont to cousin marriages, of whatever degree. Incest in law terms is only within the household. e.g. sex between mother and son. that is incest...

biblically ther eis ntohing wrong too...i chekced with many church counsellors...

but i think its a taboo?

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Post by Vaucluse » Wed, 31 Aug 2005 3:10 pm

Why are you so interested in this, to even call many lawyers and church counsellors? If all this information you have gleaned from them is not enough . . .

Smells like a wind-up on a very scary issue. Best not to go there.

'nuff said Image

Carpe Diem
Manager
Manager

Post by Carpe Diem » Wed, 31 Aug 2005 3:46 pm

:delete:
La vie est trop courte, profitons de chaque instant

Post by Guest » Wed, 31 Aug 2005 4:10 pm

Vaucluse wrote:Why are you so interested in this, to even call many lawyers and church counsellors? If all this information you have gleaned from them is not enough . . .

Smells like a wind-up on a very scary issue. Best not to go there.
cuz i'm in a relationship with my paternal 1st cousin...wasn't deliberate but we didnt' know we were first cousins...

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Post by dot dot dot » Wed, 31 Aug 2005 5:39 pm

repeat :delete:

Eric

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Post by Vaucluse » Wed, 31 Aug 2005 5:39 pm

Carpe Diem wrote::delete:

Yup

'nuff said Image

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Wed, 31 Aug 2005 5:41 pm

briceloh
Chatter
Chatter

Post by briceloh » Wed, 31 Aug 2005 8:38 pm

bah... :delete:
IBMing

ringo100
Chatter
Chatter

Stop the censorship

Post by ringo100 » Wed, 31 Aug 2005 8:48 pm

What's the problem he wasn't having a go at anyone or insulting anyone. Why delete the topic? If you don't like it don't read or reply to it. It is pretty clear from the title what the subject was about. Censorship should be avoided wherever possible.

riversandlakes
Reporter
Reporter

Post by riversandlakes » Thu, 01 Sep 2005 10:37 am

:shit: :delete:
Goatboy will always cherish his former goatgirl.
But the world is full of fluffier ones.

Raven

Post by Raven » Thu, 01 Sep 2005 12:44 pm

What's the problem he wasn't having a go at anyone or insulting anyone. Why delete the topic? If you don't like it don't read or reply to it. It is pretty clear from the title what the subject was about
Agree with you on this ringo 100.

As for riversandlakes
you are right :shit: and your post is an example of it.

locallass
Chatter
Chatter

Post by locallass » Thu, 01 Sep 2005 12:56 pm

The threadstarter is convinced that there is nothing wrong with first-cousins relationships. He just needs affirmation from the rest that he's doing the right thing. Why would anyone bother to answer I wonder.

banana
Reporter
Reporter

Post by banana » Thu, 01 Sep 2005 1:45 pm

Because we like the sound of our own voice. Figuratively speaking of course.
some signatures are more equal than others

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Post by dot dot dot » Thu, 01 Sep 2005 3:09 pm

I think the emoticon :delete: expresses an emotion (hey, emoticons, right... :? ), which is: i won't talk to this person about this crap.

So we didnot delete the topic, we didnot make anyone (including the OP) shut up, we just expressed an emotion / feeling on this crap, that's all. So no censorship was being practiced here.

The OP is just trying to setup some flaming here, he already started the same thread somewhere else and now restarted.

If you wanna get into discussion with him, by all means, but for me it is a clear :delete:

Eric

Post by Guest » Thu, 01 Sep 2005 10:35 pm

Raven wrote:
What's the problem he wasn't having a go at anyone or insulting anyone. Why delete the topic? If you don't like it don't read or reply to it. It is pretty clear from the title what the subject was about
Agree with you on this ringo 100.

As for riversandlakes
you are right :shit: and your post is an example of it.
hi, i'm the person who post the thread up...i'm a gal...just 18 years old but i don't know what is so disgusting or sick of having a serious relationship with my paternal 1st cousin...i just find it unfair...

i mean its because of family traditions and racial ethics we had to follow...

moreover, i hadn't met him at all though he is my cousin...his dad is the closest sibling to my dad...i'm so upset...terribly becuase my family members are all against it...

he really loves me so much...we attend the same institute, and its all because our family think its disgraceful...

but sometimes i blame my parents for being so anti social...not wanting to visit my relatives...and my cousin/bf, don't even know of my existence til last year when I attend our eldest cousin's wedding dinner......how ironical? our parents are very close but we don't know each other?

and its because his dad divorced his mom and so they rarely contact my paternal relatives too...do you think its really our fault?