Singapore Expats Forum

Query regarding EP/PR

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

QABOOS

Query regarding EP/PR

Postby QABOOS » Wed, 31 Aug 2005 11:41 am

Have been applying to various jobs posted on SG based sites. I find that for almost all the job, PR/EP/citizenship are the pre-requisites. Is it possible that a fellow like me ( foreigner working in India at present with a MNC in engineering field) secures a job first and carry outs EP/PR formalities later maybe on my own ?

In nutshell, what are the prospects for a candidate like me ? PLEASE, SOMEBODY THROWS SOME LIGHT ON THIS !

Carpe Diem
Manager
Manager

Postby Carpe Diem » Wed, 31 Aug 2005 12:41 pm

If the company thinks you are THE candidate, they will apply EP for you. For PR, you must have EP first.
La vie est trop courte, profitons de chaque instant

QABOOS

Reply to Carpe

Postby QABOOS » Wed, 31 Aug 2005 3:12 pm

Thanks for your reply. I look forward to secure a job first. EP- I don't mind even spending from my pocket !

riversandlakes
Reporter
Reporter

Postby riversandlakes » Thu, 01 Sep 2005 10:47 am

Feel free to apply even with that "clause" put in. They sometimes respond, hence I do not know why that clause to begin with...
Goatboy will always cherish his former goatgirl.
But the world is full of fluffier ones.

QABOOS

Postby QABOOS » Thu, 01 Sep 2005 11:24 am

Thanks for your reply. It's a heartening ifo. that there are hopes even w/o having EP.
In any case, I wont mind spending from my pocket on EP if required, provided I secure a job first.