Singapore Expats Forum

Looking for a Scooter

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Postby Guest » Thu, 01 Sep 2005 11:28 am

Strong Eagle wrote:
Blaze wrote:Thanks SE.

I might be able to find my certificate (Yes, I took a motorcycle course:)) which I could use to try to get an unlimited Class 2 during conversion.

Are there good roads for a fun ride ? I guess it wouldn't last more that 45 minutes in Sg, unless you go in a loop. How about Malaysia?

Blaze

According the law, you must have had your motorcycle license in a foreign country for at least 6 months before you got EP, PR, DP, etc. and you must do your conversion within 12 months of your date of arrival.

I'm getting a bike to commute, not only for the costs as noted in an earlier post but because of petrol and parking... downtown is very expensive for cars, free for motorcycles in most buildings.

Yes, there are active rider clubs here... see http://www.singaporebikes.com for more information. They do regular rides into Malaysia and Thailand.

Thank you! Do post a picture of your bike when you get it.

Blaze

Postby Blaze » Fri, 02 Sep 2005 4:13 am

Oopsie! The above post was mine.

SE, I perused through the website you provided. I was looking for some Honda dealers, but could not find any. Found some on google search, but there were all for sport bikes.

If you know of any cruiser type (Valkyrie, Shadow, Vtx) dealers, please post the website.

Thanks
Blaze

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Fri, 02 Sep 2005 7:33 am

Drop over to http://www.singaporebikes.com. Check out the classifieds there and post a message o the cruisers board. Only a very few places sell large bikes.