Singapore Expats Forum

Can any one help in learning Cantonese?

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
Amar

Can any one help in learning Cantonese?

Postby Amar » Tue, 30 Aug 2005 5:16 pm

Hi,
I am an Indian working in Singapore and am interested in learning Cantonese...I dont mean the formal classes kinda stuff....unfortunately life doesnt offer much time for it....just lookin to catchup with people who know the language and can help me pick up in bits..I am quick at it.

Cheers!

riversandlakes
Reporter
Reporter

Postby riversandlakes » Tue, 30 Aug 2005 5:27 pm

hmm, what's your background? Do you know Mandarin? I find it's easier to pick up Cantonese with Mandarin background...

lei hou ma? ;)
Goatboy will always cherish his former goatgirl.
But the world is full of fluffier ones.

Amar

Postby Amar » Wed, 31 Aug 2005 3:59 pm

Well I can count my mandarin vocabulary on my fingertips...so you know how little I know :)
Have only been here like 3 months, but I might be travelling to Hong Kong frequently later so I thought I should try to pickup Cantonese...

shirllin
Regular
Regular

Postby shirllin » Wed, 31 Aug 2005 4:09 pm

Dear Amar,

I learn Contonese from watching movies and conversing with other people.....So....do you speak hindi? Yes it would be better if you know mandarin but if you need someone to start conversing in cantonese....u could PM me and we could arange that......as language is best learn through practise.....

God Bless,
Shirllin
"Chains of habit are too light to be felt until they are too heavy to be broken."
"It is literally true that you can succeed best and quickest by helping others to succeed."