Singapore Expats Forum

Cycling Partner Required

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
Imtiaz

Cycling Partner Required

Postby Imtiaz » Tue, 30 Aug 2005 3:48 pm

It gets very boring and lonely cycling all alone as i am very new here, I would love to have some friends to cycle with.
Has anyone tried it in Pulao Ubin, close to Changi Village, been there alone and would like to go with friends this time. Please email me at imtiaz_the_2nd@yahoo.com

Lula18

Re: Cycling Partner Required

Postby Lula18 » Tue, 30 Aug 2005 5:12 pm

Do I have to get my own cycle. I heard about the place it is realy scenic.

riversandlakes
Reporter
Reporter

Postby riversandlakes » Tue, 30 Aug 2005 5:26 pm

Just what I've been waiting for! I'll love to join you, and I'm ready to get a road bike.

Any shops with used road bikes to sell? In the range of <$500?
Goatboy will always cherish his former goatgirl.
But the world is full of fluffier ones.

YOGI

Postby YOGI » Tue, 30 Aug 2005 5:37 pm

riversandlakes wrote:Just what I've been waiting for! I'll love to join you, and I'm ready to get a road bike.

Any shops with used road bikes to sell? In the range of <$500?

You can easily hire the bike there for the time being. Should we plan for this Sunday. All are welcome

riversandlakes
Reporter
Reporter

Postby riversandlakes » Tue, 30 Aug 2005 6:15 pm

should i buy or should i hire?

i think it'll be cheaper to buy one?
Goatboy will always cherish his former goatgirl.

But the world is full of fluffier ones.

MusicFever
Chatter
Chatter

Postby MusicFever » Tue, 30 Aug 2005 9:27 pm

Imtiaz wrote:It gets very boring and lonely cycling all alone as i am very new here, I would love to have some friends to cycle with.
Has anyone tried it in Pulao Ubin, close to Changi Village, been there alone and would like to go with friends this time. Please email me at imtiaz_the_2nd@yahoo.com

Live near east coast, often cycle alone in ECP on 1 or 2 working days after work every week. Posted similar thread here before but it seemed no serious partners who could really make it due to various reasons such as location, bikes, schedule... Anyway, I would like to catch up, and ECP might be the 1st choice!! One of my neighbor suggested to cycle to Changi Village from our condo, but he hasn't got time, and I dont know the way there. :oops:

rainsky

Postby rainsky » Wed, 31 Aug 2005 3:15 am

I am quite familiar with Pulau Ubin as I hold events there.
If anyone in the east wanna ride.
Please email me.
Alternatively, u could join the online biking community call www.togoparts.com they organize rides very often, infact they have one coming up on 3rd sept to pegangrang, malaysia!

Ride on!

MusicFever wrote:
Imtiaz wrote:It gets very boring and lonely cycling all alone as i am very new here, I would love to have some friends to cycle with.

Live near east coast, often cycle alone in ECP on 1 or 2 working days after work every week. Posted similar thread here before but it seemed no serious partners who could really make it due to various reasons such as location, bikes, schedule... Anyway, I would like to catch up, and ECP might be the 1st choice!! One of my neighbor suggested to cycle to Changi Village from our condo, but he hasn't got time, and I dont know the way there. :oops:
live a little bit more

Imtiaz

Cycling Partner Required

Postby Imtiaz » Wed, 31 Aug 2005 10:11 am

Few Tips for cycling at Pulau Ubin:
1)Reach Pasiris MRT. From there take bus no 89 for changi point.
From changi point take a bomboat for Pulau Ubin Island only for s$2.
2)Hire a bycycle at ubin for s$2 to s$5( All kind of Bike) for a day.
3)If you are a nature lover must get you camera. Subject to shoot:Oriental Pied Hornbill,Wild pig(If you are lucky),Red junglefowl,Beautiful landscape, Ubin lifestyle of locals and offcourse friends.
4)Must carry water bottel or you can buy there.
For more information log on to www.nparks.gov.sg and look Pulau Ubin.

Cheers
Imtiaz
cont: 81275052

Carpe Diem
Manager
Manager

Postby Carpe Diem » Wed, 31 Aug 2005 10:21 am

Hello Imtiaz thanks for the info. Do they sell food there?
La vie est trop courte, profitons de chaque instant

foodie

Postby foodie » Wed, 31 Aug 2005 10:59 am

Yes, they do.

In fact, one of the highlights of cycling at P. Ubin would be the seafood lunch at the local coffee shop :)

Also great are the pratas to be had for breakfast at the Changi village hawker centre

YOGI

A suggestion

Postby YOGI » Wed, 31 Aug 2005 11:08 am

riversandlakes wrote:should i buy or should i hire?

i think it'll be cheaper to buy one?

I would suggest lets check it out with rented bikes. Then whosoever wants can get their own or rent it. When can we get going is the bigger question...

imtiaz

Let go to Pulau Ubin on 4th sept.Sunday Morning

Postby imtiaz » Wed, 31 Aug 2005 12:09 pm

Lets meet at changi point. on sunday(4th sept.) at 8 to 8.30am.
take a bumboat for Pulau Ubin. Have breakfast there.
Hire a bycycle and the the day is yours.
If you all are realy interested, lets call each other and just Do it.

Coollily

Re: Let go to Pulau Ubin on 4th sept.Sunday Morning

Postby Coollily » Wed, 31 Aug 2005 1:25 pm

imtiaz wrote:Lets meet at changi point. on sunday(4th sept.) at 8 to 8.30am.
take a bumboat for Pulau Ubin. Have breakfast there.
Hire a bycycle and the the day is yours.
If you all are realy interested, lets call each other and just Do it.

hey hey hey how many people are here and who is sponsoring, hope there aren't any ladies, otherwise whole day cycling for ladies? Whats the agenda imtiaz i mean preparing for Tour 'De France or something cause cycling can be done in other places too, and whole day whooaa. If you are a nature enthusiast then your thread title doesn't suggest that.
I suggest you please gather your thoughts first, decide what you wanna do and then start a thread.

CONFUSION ADDS TO CONFUSION AND WHEN YOU ADD THE TWO CONFUSIONS THERE IS EVEN MORE CONFUSION

cycling + Pulau Ubin

Postby Guest » Wed, 31 Aug 2005 1:47 pm

hey,

I really like to do this Pulau Ubin tour. if you want to do it this sunday and any sunday before end of Sep, pls sms me on 91548179

Laura

Kurt

Postby Kurt » Wed, 31 Aug 2005 1:50 pm

Hi MusicFever

I also live on the East Coast and would love to catch up after work (or weekends) for a cycle - I live on Meyer Road and could meet anywhere near there (or further east of course).

Perhaps others are interested too, followed by a beer afterwards in one of the bars along the East Coast?

I'd love to join the Pulau Ubin one, but cannot this weekend. Anyone interested in the following weekend, pls reply to this thread.

cheers
Kurt

MusicFever wrote: