Singapore Expats Forum

Botanic Garden concert - free

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
tequilabot

Botanic Garden concert - free

Postby tequilabot » Sun, 28 Aug 2005 11:42 pm

Hi pals, FYI,

those who are interested to the Nation park, have fun..... :D. Highlight to those who wld like to stay late aft dark, pls bring along the candles & wine.. & enjoy the cool nite in the park.

Concert: NUS Symphony Orchestra
Date : 3 Sep
Time : 6 pm - 7 pm
Venue : Shaw Foundation Symphony Stage

Content : Enjoy an evening of music at the Botanic Gardens with the NUS Symphony Orchestra. The orchestra, who has just recently returned from the Aberdeen Music Festival (3 - 13 August 2005) in Scotland, will be playing an exciting repertoire of classical favourites like Mendelssohn's Hebrides Overture, Chen Gang and He Zhanhao's Butterfly Lovers Concerto. This event is part of the Botanic Gardens Calendar 2006 Launch.

for more info: pls check at the underlink
http://www.sbg.org.sg/calendar/regisform.asp?ID=319

hi sapphire, wish you at least try once, another one is coming on 18 Sep.

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Mon, 29 Aug 2005 12:14 am

Groan! My legs still hurt from all the walking and climbing stairs and now this! I need a month or two away on some deserted island! With internet access of course. :D

Will let you know if I can make it for this one. Thanks for posting it here. :)
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

Bonbon

I'm keen

Postby Bonbon » Mon, 29 Aug 2005 11:04 am

Hi there,

Sounds good, I have only been this country for a month, have not been to the Botanic garden, and love orchestra concerts!

So if you don't mind me tagging along, please do keep me posted!

Cheers :)
Cindy

tangerika
Regular
Regular

Postby tangerika » Mon, 29 Aug 2005 11:51 am

sounds good! count me in...!

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Postby dot dot dot » Mon, 29 Aug 2005 1:50 pm

From experience, do come on time, as these concerts will attract literally thousands of people... Expect a lively audience, all packed on a small stretch. Cannot confirm it is a 'cool' place, at least not literally: As all sit so closely and it is in the midst of the gardens, this is a very hot and humid place.

But nevertheless, I loved it last time we went, nice experience!

Eric

MusicFever
Chatter
Chatter

Postby MusicFever » Mon, 29 Aug 2005 2:41 pm

On Sats, I am more interested in events after dark. The concert sounds good but too short for me as i dont know what to do after that. Hope this Sat I will have some easy and relaxed program after several weeks' heavy outings. What abt dinner, music and wine at home or beside pool which can happen after your concert?

Postby Guest » Mon, 29 Aug 2005 4:31 pm

chill out and siiiiiiiippppp wine and have crackers, watch the stars

have a bit R&R and lots of laughters hopefully!

By the way, there's also a jazz party going on the same night, I might have to back out on this one, see how things go...jazz and orchestra, hmmm a tough one! :???:
Cindy

tequilabot

Postby tequilabot » Wed, 31 Aug 2005 11:03 am

hi pals,
I wil not be there this weekend. THis is only an INFO to those who interested, pls use the forum on your planning.

need to stand by with top condition for Sunday beach volleyball (host by KT).