Singapore Expats Forum

Malaysian space plans

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Guest

Malaysian space plans

Postby Guest » Sun, 28 Aug 2005 3:21 pm


User avatar
Vaucluse
Director
Director
Posts: 3443
Joined: Sun, 10 Jul 2005

Postby Vaucluse » Sun, 28 Aug 2005 4:53 pm

Ok, I'll take the bait . . . [-o<

Oh it would be nice to make a comment without getting a barrage from our neighbours to the north . . . .

Here it goes:

* Wouldn't it be wiser for he Malaysian government to put their resources into making their tapwater potable?
* How about supplying electricity to all the kampong?
* Paying their cops a decent salary so they won't be as corrupt?
* Stopping 'legalised' racial discrimination


I wonder who's politicians cousin/nephew/uncle will be the first orang-kosmos . . . :P
......................................................

'nuff said Image

User avatar
briceloh
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 510
Joined: Sun, 03 Oct 2004

Postby briceloh » Sun, 28 Aug 2005 5:06 pm

Vaucluse, i can't help but agree with your 4 prayers, it'll be so nice to have those. anyway, back to topic. Do u think Singapore will be doing the same soon? From what i see, the 2 government is always trying to out do the other. And must do something the other hasn't bee able to/ have not accomplished. Any other points?
IBMing

User avatar
Vaucluse
Director
Director
Posts: 3443
Joined: Sun, 10 Jul 2005

Postby Vaucluse » Sun, 28 Aug 2005 5:19 pm

Sorry, briceloh, back on track.

I doubt Singapore would invest in somethinga as non-profitable as this. I can, however, see the Singapore government setting up an 'new' industrial sector complementing this. (As in logistics, location etc . . . )
......................................................



'nuff said Image

User avatar
briceloh
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 510
Joined: Sun, 03 Oct 2004

Postby briceloh » Sun, 28 Aug 2005 5:29 pm

Vaucluse wrote:Sorry, briceloh, back on track.

I doubt Singapore would invest in somethinga as non-profitable as this. I can, however, see the Singapore government setting up an 'new' industrial sector complementing this. (As in logistics, location etc . . . )



logistic yes, location no. hehe, where in Singapore are we going to put the launch pad. given the huge range of safety clearance for it, there's not much space left for that. And Singapore being so small, will definitely use those spaces for other things. hmm...maybe we wouldn't be putting a man on the moon. Singapore might just wanna try for Mars? hehehe :lol:
(joking, but that's a thought too :P )
IBMing

User avatar
Vaucluse
Director
Director
Posts: 3443
Joined: Sun, 10 Jul 2005

Postby Vaucluse » Sun, 28 Aug 2005 5:44 pm

briceloh wrote:
Vaucluse wrote:Sorry, briceloh, back on track.

I doubt Singapore would invest in somethinga as non-profitable as this. I can, however, see the Singapore government setting up an 'new' industrial sector complementing this. (As in logistics, location etc . . . )



logistic yes, location no. hehe, where in Singapore are we going to put the launch pad. given the huge range of safety clearance for it, there's not much space left for that. And Singapore being so small, will definitely use those spaces for other things. hmm...maybe we wouldn't be putting a man on the moon. Singapore might just want to try for Mars? hehehe :lol:
(joking, but that's a thought too :P )



Could be kiasu and try for Mars, Tao Payoh hawker centre develops new Hokkien Mee suitable for space travel . . .
......................................................



'nuff said Image

play fool with you

Postby play fool with you » Sun, 28 Aug 2005 6:00 pm

Malaysia's first astronaut will be chosen from a shortlist……….Malaysian astronaut will carry his nation's cuisine on the space……….

Isn't it cool? For a cool US$25 million, we get to send one person to joyride with the Russians, dressed in batik and drink teh tarik in space!

What a wonderful way to spend your hard earned tax dollars. Bet Malaysia looks wonderful from space but for the investment, what have we achieved?

Are we the first?
Did we build the spacecraft?
Did we contribute in any way to the space program except funding it?
Does Malaysia actually benefit from it?
Is there any thing we learnt that can be of use to you and me?

When the hardcore poor are surviving on snails and wild vegetation; the government is going to spend US$25 million to send somebody to space to eat roti canai and drink teh tarik.

Is this a joke?

Another sheer waste of public fund! What is the aim? Use the money to train more doctors which is more sensible!

Just wonder that the resources and money would be better spent improving the quality of drinking, drainage system on par with the West.

Yes, this is a sheer waste of money. We have become crazy with this Malaysia boleh slogan. There is nothing to crow about with the capability of climbing the highest mountain, swimming across the cannel, having the longest roti canai etc.

spaceman

Postby spaceman » Sun, 28 Aug 2005 7:39 pm

$25 million is so far out of target that we best not discuss it any further. Just check out how much it cost to send any of the Apollo crafts to the moon. We should just close this subject.

User avatar
banana
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 961
Joined: Tue, 24 May 2005

Postby banana » Sun, 28 Aug 2005 9:40 pm

Ground control to Major Tom
Ground control to Major Tom
Take your protein pills and put your helmet on
some signatures are more equal than others

User avatar
briceloh
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 510
Joined: Sun, 03 Oct 2004

Postby briceloh » Sun, 28 Aug 2005 9:42 pm

banana wrote:Ground control to Major Tom
Ground control to Major Tom
Take your protein pills and put your helmet on


ermm...watz that suppose to mean? a joke? :???:
IBMing

User avatar
Vaucluse
Director
Director
Posts: 3443
Joined: Sun, 10 Jul 2005

Postby Vaucluse » Sun, 28 Aug 2005 10:14 pm

briceloh wrote:
banana wrote:Ground control to Major Tom
Ground control to Major Tom
Take your protein pills and put your helmet on


ermm...watz that suppose to mean? a joke? :???:



A David Bowie classic, briceloh - possibly way before your time :wink:

I guess in Singapore that would be:

SM Lee to Tony Tan
SM Lee to Tony Tan
Tah paw the Chicken Rice and get some lime juice, one

Hmm, I should leave music to musicians . . . :cool:
......................................................



'nuff said Image

User avatar
briceloh
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 510
Joined: Sun, 03 Oct 2004

Postby briceloh » Sun, 28 Aug 2005 10:20 pm

Vaucluse wrote:

A David Bowie classic, briceloh - possibly way before your time :wink:

I guess in Singapore that would be:

SM Lee to Tony Tan
SM Lee to Tony Tan
Tah paw the Chicken Rice and get some lime juice, one

Hmm, I should leave music to musicians . . . :cool:


OIC, heard of david bowie b4. but not really into his songs.

anyway, i think SM Lee have better ppl to call for a packet of chicken rice and lime juice. Tony Tan will be overpaid for just buying chicken rice. :P
u think lime juice is good for someone at the age of 80? :roll:
IBMing

User avatar
Vaucluse
Director
Director
Posts: 3443
Joined: Sun, 10 Jul 2005

Postby Vaucluse » Sun, 28 Aug 2005 10:31 pm

:lol: Very true.


Kind of sad that Tony Tan is resigning. Following Goh Chok Tong, he is definitely up there in the credibility and likeability stakes. Hope he has a looooooooooooooooooooooong vacation and keeps his mane growing boldly.
......................................................



'nuff said Image

User avatar
briceloh
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 510
Joined: Sun, 03 Oct 2004

Postby briceloh » Sun, 28 Aug 2005 10:38 pm

Tony Tan is just retiring from the cabinet. got the following from CNA.
he's a nice man like u said. i shook his hand once. when i was a kiddo (7 years old) :roll:
-------------------------------------------------------
Upon his retirement from the Cabinet, Dr Tan will become the Chairman of the National Research Foundation and the Deputy Chairman of the Research, Innovation and Enterprise Council, which will be chaired by PM Lee.
In addition, Dr Tan will chair the Ministry of Education's International Academic Advisory Panel.
------------------------------------------------------
IBMing

User avatar
riversandlakes
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 899
Joined: Fri, 22 Jul 2005
Location: Simei
Contact:

Postby riversandlakes » Mon, 29 Aug 2005 11:12 am

Malaysian here. IMHO,

save those funds wasted for trips to the Arctic and Antartica, Everest and now space for education and scholarships, please?

there're many who have financial difficulties getting higher education ;(
Goatboy will always cherish his former goatgirl.
But the world is full of fluffier ones.


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “General Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

cron