Singapore Expats

Lear salsa dance in singapore

Discuss about food, eating places, shopping centres, clubs, pubs, massage, sports, travel & holidays. Share tips on best place to chill, party, relax or travel destinations.
chris_st

Lear salsa dance in singapore

Post by chris_st » Sat, 27 Aug 2005 1:32 pm

Hi All,

I am just moved from Ireland to Singapore. Most of mu time currently boring no activity after work. So I plan to join salsa dance class.

Could anyone suggest the place to go for salsa dance ...?

chris

cinder
Chatter
Chatter

Post by cinder » Sun, 28 Aug 2005 10:36 am

http://www.asiasalsa.com/index.asp
http://www.swingapore.com/
http://www.ladanceconnection.com/
http://www.dancearts.com.sg/dancearts.html

I cant recommend which one is the best but I heard good things bout the first three. I think it depends on what kind of salsa you wanna learn and where your office is. THe best way is to visit the place to have a feel of it, which one is more convenience and fun for you.

Happy salsa-ing!

chris_st

Class

Post by chris_st » Sun, 28 Aug 2005 11:29 am

Have you been to any of salsa class ? How is the class ...any joy and how is the instructor ..?

Chrs

recommend

Post by recommend » Mon, 29 Aug 2005 1:22 pm

Lionel Araya of http://www.ladanceconnection.com/

good sense of humour and fun classes :D

Kimi
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Kimi » Mon, 29 Aug 2005 8:40 pm

I myself and some members here just finished the first beginner's course at http://www.ladanceconnection.com/ (Dance Connection) and it was quite fun actually.
The only thing I miss is that the instructor seems to be busy always and so if you missed class cos of work or something like that, it's almost impossible to have a make-up class and the cliche just like in any other dance classes I guess, lack of blokes too :( so the male instructor and the bloke(s), sometimes only one bloke which is why the brackets, had to be rotated among the girls, not that they would complain I reckon! :D
I know another member who is going to another dance studio, so if he saw this thread, he probably can tell you what he thinks of his own course.

cinder
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Class

Post by cinder » Mon, 29 Aug 2005 9:11 pm

chris_st wrote:Have you been to any of salsa class ? How is the class ...any joy and how is the instructor ..?

Chrs
Nah, never been to any classes here :oops: The reason why I did research on dance classes and got those four links was that I wanted to continue my dance class - but never managed to really did it!! :lol:

chris_st

asiasalsa

Post by chris_st » Fri, 02 Sep 2005 10:41 pm

hi any one know anything about asia salsa. I visited the site ..it seems good , but all of you give recommend for ladanceconnection ...any info

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Post by dot dot dot » Sat, 03 Sep 2005 10:57 am

Sorry Chris, here's another "go" fo LAdanceconnection.

We (me and my wife) started the beginners classes last night, great great fun, good teaching and indeed lots of humour. Definately a good choice. They start another beginners class on Tuesday nights 8-9pm as of 20 September.

Eric

beenhere10years
Chatter
Chatter

Post by beenhere10years » Sat, 03 Sep 2005 11:01 am

chris_st,

do youhave any expereince in Irish dance?
When you go in for a job interview, I think a good thing to ask is if they ever press charges.

-- jack handy

shasha_sg76

Post by shasha_sg76 » Sat, 03 Sep 2005 1:33 pm

hey do we need a dance partner to learn salsa?? what if i dont have one,, lol... anyways..... for a plump person to learn salsa,,is it gonna be difficult to move... ?? cos one of my colleagues is overweight n learning..wow

chris_st

Post by chris_st » Sat, 03 Sep 2005 2:29 pm

beenhere10years wrote:chris_st,

do youhave any expereince in Irish dance?
Hi beenhere10years,

I dont have experience with irish dance, but i can tell something about irish dance.

The irish basically , steps ( legs ) movement in which for each step should produce a sound but really it is good dance

Chris

beenhere10years
Chatter
Chatter

Post by beenhere10years » Sat, 03 Sep 2005 4:33 pm

Yes I know, I have an avid Irish dancer at home. Her instructor is always looking for help, just thought I'd ask on the wild chance you had professional training. Thanks.
When you go in for a job interview, I think a good thing to ask is if they ever press charges.

-- jack handy

chris_st

irish dance

Post by chris_st » Sat, 03 Sep 2005 10:42 pm

beenhere10years wrote:Yes I know, I have an avid Irish dancer at home. Her instructor is always looking for help, just thought I'd ask on the wild chance you had professional training. Thanks.
is there any irish dance class here ?

chris

beenhere10years
Chatter
Chatter

Post by beenhere10years » Sun, 04 Sep 2005 8:14 am

Sorry Chris, I 'PM'ed you by mistake. The instructor might open an adult class if there were enough participants.

-- jack handy

Cool dude

Post by Cool dude » Sun, 04 Sep 2005 3:07 pm

shasha_sg76 wrote:hey do we need a dance partner to learn salsa??
No, dance partners not required as the usual practice is for the guys to rotate and partner the ladies in turn so that

(a) everyone gets a chance to dance
(b) both guys and gals experience dancing with good and not so good dancers. :wink:

Believe me, some are better than others even at beginners' level and ladies who come with partners could be very relieved to dance with better dancers who are not their dates/spouses . . . :P