Singapore Expats Forum

The Ashes

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Saint
Director
Director

The Ashes

Postby Saint » Sat, 27 Aug 2005 4:00 am

Having watched as much as I can of the 1st 3 tests and the first 2 days of this one, I think us Brits have finally got the better of the Aussies?

99 for 5 in reply to our 477, a good day tomorrow and we could be in total command!?

Look forward to the next couple of days!

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Sat, 27 Aug 2005 8:41 am

Wow, good going England. I'm missing all of it, didn't subscribe to the pay channel for cricket. When I was back home for a couple of weeks, did watch the 1st test. Finally, you guys have a team which may give every other team a run for their money. Keep it up, until of course you play India. :wink:
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

Sapphire bullshits a lot

Postby Sapphire bullshits a lot » Sat, 27 Aug 2005 12:10 pm

Quit bullshitting sapphire, will ya?

India is a crappy team, probably among the crappiest of teams in world cricket. Just yesterday bond (shand bond) kicked your indian players a$$e$.

:D :D

The Ashes has been an exciting series so far. The English side has improved dramatically. But then again I guess the Aussies have dominated world cricket for so long that there was only one way to go from there. It was always on the cards; all their major performers are ageing (Gilly, Punter etc). Only a matter of time.

I think for england to take over from australia they'll have to thrash australia in australia. That'll definitely prove their mettle.

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Postby dot dot dot » Sat, 27 Aug 2005 12:18 pm

wow, a cricket troll?

funny, he names himself 'sapphire bullshits a lot', bit disrespectful when yuo think of the fact that Sapphire at least had the decency to name herself, whereas this cricket troll just bashes and stays nameless himself. But then again, he is an anonymous person after all, so he did name himself correctly in the end.

Eric

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Sat, 27 Aug 2005 12:19 pm

Honey, take a chill pill, will ya?

Did I say India is the best team? Please read my post again. As for the adjectives used for the Indian team, that of course is your opinion.

Who is Shand Bond? Oh you mean Shane Bond. I don't think you've ever been active in any sport, winning and losing is part of the game. :roll:
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

Postby Guest » Sat, 27 Aug 2005 1:21 pm

sapphire wrote:Honey, take a chill pill, will ya?

Did I say India is the best team? Please read my post again. As for the adjectives used for the Indian team, that of course is your opinion.

Who is Shand Bond? Oh you mean Shane Bond. I don't think you've ever been active in any sport, winning and losing is part of the game. :roll:

well honey first thing's first and that's to ignore Eric. He's probably the most annoying guy in this forum. Sapphire, can you make a poll to elect the most annoying forum user? :D That would be fun.

I am afraid the truth hurts, esp. given that it's bitter. But we both know very well winning is the slightly more important part of the game. Isn't it?

Or does India lose so frequently intentionally, you know since it's "part of the game"?

I was a little peeved that you mentioned India in the same vein as Australia and England (who in their present form is an awesome squad).

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Sat, 27 Aug 2005 1:39 pm

Honey, firstly I don't find Eric annoying. He's a friend of mine. If you find him annoying, sure ignore him. I think Eric can live with that. :D You want to set up a poll, do your own dirty job.

Secondly, everyone wants to win, sure. But, someone has to lose. Every team goes through ups and downs. You're peeved that I mentioned India in the same vein as England and Australia, really you need to follow cricket a little more extensively. As I recall England wasn't exactly shaking the world of cricket about two years back. I will not even defend the Indian team, the figures speak for themselves. Calling it the crappiest team was a bit of hasty speak on your part. Crappiest teams don't win the World Cup or reach the finals. Its going through a low phase, just as all other teams in the past have done as well.

Postby Guest » Sat, 27 Aug 2005 2:22 pm

sapphire wrote:Honey

Calling it the crappiest team was a bit of hasty speak on your part. Crappiest teams don't win the World Cup or reach the finals. Its going through a low phase, just as all other teams in the past have done as well.

Yet India has won the World Cup only once (that was one of the TEN greatest upsets in ODIs EVER). http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/story/211416.html

And when it reached the finals in 2003, boy oh boy, what a thrashing of a lifetime did it get at the hands of the aussies. :D Okay that was an achievement by the indians, I have to admit. I mean, the Aussies scored their highest ODI score ever in the World Cup Final; obviously the opponent was India.

India is indeed one of the crappiest teams in international cricket.

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Sat, 27 Aug 2005 3:44 pm

I can be childish like you and copy paste urls here which will cite figures for the poor performances of the English and Aussie teams. But, I won't 'cause unlike you I don't behave like a petulant child. You, my friend, at best have a very limited knowledge of cricket.

Further more, you have misinterpreted my posts. When I mentioned 'Keep it up, until of course you play India', I meant that England shouldn't play too good a game, so that India has a chance too.

A little knowledge is dangerous...please read up or watch or play more cricket before you come back with your silly prattle.

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Sat, 27 Aug 2005 5:59 pm

Wow, a cricket troll who hasn't got a clue and calls Eric annoying . . . :D What's that about a pot calling a kettle black?

'nuff said Image

Saint
Director
Director

Postby Saint » Sun, 28 Aug 2005 12:55 am

It ceases to amaze me just how low trolls we stoop to try and get a reaction.

I started this thread to express by pleasure of the current England performance and so it has continued today!

Sapphire and Eric keep it up mates!

Bubbs

Postby Bubbs » Sun, 28 Aug 2005 6:32 am

That's it Sapp and Eric, keeping on annoying these anonymous 'guests' even if you didn't intend to do it in the first place.

As for the Ashes........

YES....YES.......YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I'm not even English, but Welsh, and I'm not doing a Harry met Sally here...........well, not really.

But it's just greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaattttttttttt.

Keep it going boys. (That's the English boys.)

Saint
Director
Director

Postby Saint » Sun, 28 Aug 2005 7:50 am

Bubbs, just been out for a couple of shandys with a couple of good mates of mine who are from the valleys and thet are as excited as you are you with OUR performance in the ashes! :D

Tomorrow will be a big big day for us! A couple of quick wickets and we should be there!

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Postby dot dot dot » Sun, 28 Aug 2005 10:16 am

Anonymous wrote:
sapphire wrote:Honey, take a chill pill, will ya?

well honey first thing's first and that's to ignore Eric. He's probably the most annoying guy in this forum. Sapphire, can you make a poll to elect the most annoying forum user? :D That would be fun.

I am afraid the truth hurts, esp. given that it's bitter. But we both know very well winning is the slightly more important part of the game. Isn't it?

Or does India lose so frequently intentionally, you know since it's "part of the game"?

I was a little peeved that you mentioned India in the same vein as Australia and England (who in their present form is an awesome squad).

I am more than happy to see confirmed that the trolls find me the most annoying person on the forum.

Troll, you just made me smile, thanks for doing so. :)

Eric

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Sun, 28 Aug 2005 1:37 pm

Ha ha, Bubbs, I am interested in a live demo of your version of 'When Harry met Sally'!
Saint, enjoy your Sunday with a good game. A win seems likely.