Singapore Expats Forum

Ease of job hunting in Singapore

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

Nanya

Ease of job hunting in Singapore

Postby Nanya » Fri, 26 Aug 2005 7:40 pm

Dear all,

I am currently finishing up my PhD at Cambridge, U.K. in Criminology but I am a bit sick of living inside the university all the time and would like to relocate to policy research and analysis outside of academia. I fell in love with Singapore since my last visit and wonder if it's easy to relocate to Singapore? I am fluent in both Chinese and English but I lack job experience (the only job was teaching as visiting assistant professor at HKU for half a year). I wonder if anyone can kindly point me to the direction of obtaining more information about relocating to Singapore.

Thank you very much and any advice is welcome.

hiccup
Regular
Regular
Location: Singapore; Walking distance from Kembangan MRT station

Postby hiccup » Wed, 31 Aug 2005 12:41 am

Teach! Teach in Singapore! Get yourself login to 'The Straits Times' online and look at the recruit section.

Local university do not required your expertise at this moment. :?

If you have a friend in Singapore, he/she can help you to source for job. Not difficult at all.
Professionalism means consistency of quality. Frank Tyger

Re: Ease of job hunting in Singapore

Postby Guest » Wed, 31 Aug 2005 2:59 pm

Nanya wrote:Dear all,

I am currently finishing up my PhD at Cambridge, U.K. in Criminology but I am a bit sick of living inside the university all the time and would like to relocate to policy research and analysis outside of academia. I fell in love with Singapore since my last visit and wonder if it's easy to relocate to Singapore? I am fluent in both Chinese and English but I lack job experience (the only job was teaching as visiting assistant professor at HKU for half a year). I wonder if anyone can kindly point me to the direction of obtaining more information about relocating to Singapore.

Thank you very much and any advice is welcome.

being a PhD at Cambridge, U.K. in Criminology grad......u'll be better coming here to NYC and vacationing in spore..... :D .........anyway I'm sure u'll do alrite

riversandlakes
Reporter
Reporter

Postby riversandlakes » Thu, 01 Sep 2005 10:48 am

Man, you'll do fine whereever you go...
Goatboy will always cherish his former goatgirl.
But the world is full of fluffier ones.