Singapore Expats Forum

Mixtape ; mixcd? =/

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Mixtape

Mixtape ; mixcd? =/

Postby Mixtape » Thu, 25 Aug 2005 5:37 pm

Hi. I`m wondering if anyone knows some songs about breaking up with someone and wanting them to move on cos you `ve already had. I`m thinking of making a mixtape but since most of the songs i`ve got is in cd, i can`t figure out how to. Tape recorders are out too cos the sound won`t be so clear. Thanks for any songs suggestions (:

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Thu, 25 Aug 2005 10:38 pm

You can do it with Windoze Media Player although Roxio CD Creator is better.

RIP the CD to your hard disk. For best quality use the lossless rip option. Save the songs to a directory. Then burn a CD out of the directory. Not too hard once you've got media player options figured out.

banana
Reporter
Reporter

Postby banana » Fri, 26 Aug 2005 1:31 am

You want to be sure what format the receipient is going to be able to play. Certain stand alone devices will not recognise MP3 or WMA though more often than not, that won't be the case these days.

As far as song choice goes, nothing sends the message across more succintly than Eamon's freak It (I don't want you back). :twisted:
some signatures are more equal than others

Baron Greenback
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Baron Greenback » Fri, 26 Aug 2005 11:54 am

as for songs:

The Streets - dry your eyes mate

really touching song for guys who have ever been dumped

REM - everybody hurts

this one always brings a lump to my throat as I was dumped when it came out, played all the time in bars when I was out trying to drown my sorrows. although I got her back & we went out for another 4 years (then I dumped her)
"An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools."
Hemingway

locallass
Chatter
Chatter

Postby locallass » Fri, 26 Aug 2005 12:34 pm

Sorry to say this, if your ex cannot take a verbal message, a song probably won't do the trick either. It might produce the opposite effect instead- making him/her even more pissed off when you send him/her the song.

Return to “General Discussions”