Singapore Expats Forum

Any Bar showing the ASHES tonight?

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
AS

Any Bar showing the ASHES tonight?

Postby AS » Thu, 25 Aug 2005 4:57 pm

I need my cricket fix. Ashes seems to have become interesting after 16 years. Anyone know of a bar?

Bremen
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Bremen » Thu, 25 Aug 2005 5:44 pm

Try the G-max bar, at clarke quay.
"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."
- Terry Pratchett

AS

Postby AS » Thu, 25 Aug 2005 5:59 pm

Bremen wrote:Try the G-max bar, at clarke quay.

nice....expected nothing less from you!
am heading to balaclava now...not for cricket though. feel free to join

A Expat

Hi

Postby A Expat » Sun, 28 Aug 2005 11:23 am

Hi,

There is no Bar showing the Ashes as far as i am know.

As per me i am really enjoying the Ashes at home. I have subscribed to the ESPN STAR Sports Cricket channe for 25 sing a month. I suggest you do the same.

In any case i really enjoy cricket a lot. If your ever interested in catching up for a drink let me know.

my e-mail is swiss_master@yahoo.com

frontier

Postby frontier » Sun, 28 Aug 2005 11:30 am

Hi Guys.. so the fever of Ashes has caught on nicely here.. Australia and england have revived Test cricket isnt..

Other day when india was playing newzealand i was least bothered to check india's score and was more interested in watching ashes on tv even though former was a one dayer and latter being test cricket.

i frequent pubs often.. sorry for barging in.. what do u say guys. we plan something in the coming weekend to go to ECP beach with our beers/alcholo and just chill in an informal manner catching up and making new friends..

frontier

Postby frontier » Sun, 28 Aug 2005 11:38 am

Hi Guys.. so the fever of Ashes has caught on nicely here.. Australia and england have revived Test cricket isnt..

Other day when india was playing newzealand i was least bothered to check india's score and was more interested in watching ashes on tv even though former was a one dayer and latter being test cricket.

i frequent pubs often.. sorry for barging in.. what do u say guys. we plan something in the coming weekend to go to ECP beach with our beers/alcholo and just chill in an informal manner catching up and making new friends..

Bremen
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Bremen » Mon, 29 Aug 2005 11:29 am

AS wrote:
Bremen wrote:Try the G-max bar, at clarke quay.

nice....expected nothing less from you!
am heading to balaclava now...not for cricket though. feel free to join

Hey, I was serious... It's also called "Bungee bar". It's right next to the G-Max bungee.
"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

- Terry Pratchett