Singapore Expats

Gulf Air

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Idealist

Gulf Air

Post by Idealist » Thu, 25 Aug 2005 2:34 pm

Gulf Air is receiving applications for cabin crew currently. Has anyone been to the intw? I was invited early this yr but cldn't attend due to other commitments. Anyone care to share?

Ms G

Re: Gulf Air

Post by Ms G » Sat, 27 Aug 2005 10:55 pm

Idealist wrote:Gulf Air is receiving applications for cabin crew currently. Has anyone been to the intw? I was invited early this yr but cldn't attend due to other commitments. Anyone care to share?
Hi,
do you mean to say that they'll be recruiting in sg in the near future? I understand tt one can apply online as and when you like and they'll give you a call or something when they are in town if you are shortlisted.

Post by Guest » Sun, 28 Aug 2005 3:57 am

Ms G wrote:
Idealist wrote:Gulf Air is receiving applications for cabin crew currently. Has anyone been to the intw? I was invited early this yr but cldn't attend due to other commitments. Anyone care to share?
Hi,
do you mean to say that they'll be recruiting in sg in the near future? I understand tt one can apply online as and when you like and they'll give you a call or something when they are in town if you are shortlisted.
yup, u can apply online and they will give u call if u are shortlisted for an interview when they are in town.

also, they have open day walk-in interview now and then..so keep a look out in the newspaper.

my friend's sister applied online and got a call from them to attend the interview. and that was last year. so, u can apply online and once shortlisted, they will give u a call.

good luck!

Idealist

Gulf Air

Post by Idealist » Mon, 29 Aug 2005 10:33 am

Thanks for the info Guest! Did ur friend's sister tell you the details of the interview session. I'm curious!

hiccup
Location: Singapore; Walking distance from Kembangan MRT station

So sure ar?

Post by hiccup » Mon, 29 Aug 2005 11:47 pm

Guest wrote:my friend's sister applied online and got a call from them to attend the interview. and that was last year. so, u can apply online and once shortlisted, they will give u a call.
Sure or not? Received a call and attend interview? Wah...your friend's sister must be very rich to pay her own air-ticket to middle-east for interview. :shock:

If anybody applied online and get shortlisted, please pay your own air-ticket to Kingdom of Bahrain for interview. Only the interviewer will know whether you've secured the job or not.

Post by Guest » Tue, 30 Aug 2005 1:34 am

Idealist wrote:Thanks for the info Guest! Did ur friend's sister tell you the details of the interview session. I'm curious!
hi Idealist,

my sister's friend didn't say much abt the interview to my sis cos my sis isn't interested in becoming a stewardess, so my sis didn't ask her much.

just knew that she sent her application online and got a call to attend an interview in singapore when gulf air team came to singapore.

also, earlier this year gulf air had an open day walk-in interview. so maybe they might do one more walk-in b4 this year ends.

anyway, just send in ur application online and see how, u never know what happens! all the best to you! =)

Post by Guest » Tue, 30 Aug 2005 1:37 am

Anonymous wrote:
Idealist wrote:Thanks for the info Guest! Did ur friend's sister tell you the details of the interview session. I'm curious!
hi Idealist,

my sister's friend didn't say much abt the interview to my sis because my sis isn't interested in becoming a stewardess, so my sis didn't ask her much.

just knew that she sent her application online and got a call to attend an interview in singapore when gulf air team came to singapore.

also, earlier this year gulf air had an open day walk-in interview. so maybe they might do one more walk-in b4 this year ends.

anyway, just send in ur application online and see how, u never know what happens! all the best to you! =)
opps! sorry , typo error, should be *my friend's sister* instead of sister's friend.

i can try asking my friend's sister abt the interview, but not sure if i can get her cos she is based in bahrain and as u know is always flying about.

Rinana

Post by Rinana » Tue, 30 Aug 2005 3:20 am

i saw a recruitment for gulf air cabin crew in straitstime b4, so i suppose they do come to sg and recruit.
guess the way they recruit is somehow same as emirates. can apply online and give u a call when shortlisted, or go for the open day walk-in interview.
anyway, just apply online for it and see how. i just applied online. =)

Idealist

Post by Idealist » Tue, 30 Aug 2005 8:48 am

Thanks guys for the info! I suppose I know how the application goes abt. I just thought that in this forum, I may be able to obtain info. from those who have been successfully recruited by Gulf or have been to the intw be it in Singapore or Bahrain. Keep the communication lines going! :D

Hopeful

Gulf Air Cabin Crew

Post by Hopeful » Tue, 30 Aug 2005 9:17 am

Hi Rinana,

May i know when is it that they advertised a walk-in iterview for the Straits Times? I need to know when is the date which they advertise. One more thing to ask you. Can you fill me in all those information that where are they helding a walk-interview, what time and what to bring on that day for the walk-in interview?? Thank you very much for your help! Greatly appreciate it so much for your help. Waiting for your answer soon.

Rinana

Re: Gulf Air Cabin Crew

Post by Rinana » Wed, 31 Aug 2005 12:53 am

Hopeful wrote:Hi Rinana,

May i know when is it that they advertised a walk-in iterview for the Straits Times? I need to know when is the date which they advertise. One more thing to ask you. Can you fill me in all those information that where are they helding a walk-interview, what time and what to bring on that day for the walk-in interview?? Thank you very much for your help! Greatly appreciate it so much for your help. Waiting for your answer soon.
hi hopful,

i didn't go to their walk-in cos i was very busy with work. the last time i saw gulf air walk-in recruitment was early this year, in straitstime.
i suppose u got to bring the usual things, like education certs, passport size photo and wear office-type of clothing.

i didn't really memorise what they wrote in the straitstime, cos i knew that i can't make it to the walk-in due to my work commiments.

Hopeful

Post by Hopeful » Wed, 31 Aug 2005 10:34 am

Hi Rinana,

Thanks for your information! But you really cant remember when is it that which the straits times advertised for a walk-in interview?? Totally cant recall it. Since you say its earlier this year. Guess really its over for the walk-in interview. Guess have to wait for next time again if there happen to have it here in singapore.

hiccup
Location: Singapore; Walking distance from Kembangan MRT station

Let's Talk about Money

Post by hiccup » Wed, 31 Aug 2005 9:54 pm

Eh...
1. How much is the flying allowance per hour?
2. What is the basic pay?
3. Got bond or not?

Talk about money please... Why nobody talks about ($)money($) or concern about pay :o ? Hope the pay and benefits are better than SIA. Scarly, Gulf Air pay us like Tiger Airways or Jetstar Asia does, we'll be like shit!
Professionalism means consistency of quality. Frank Tyger

Rinana

Post by Rinana » Fri, 02 Sep 2005 2:59 am

Thanks for your information! But you really cant remember when is it that which the straits times advertised for a walk-in interview?? Totally cant recall it. Since you say its earlier this year. Guess really its over for the walk-in interview. Guess have to wait for next time again if there happen to have it here in singapore.
hi hopful,

i think the gulf air walk-in interview was around march, april, if i didn't remember wrongly... i did not really read the advert in details cos as i said i was very busy with work to go for the walk-in.

but i applied online a couple of days ago and hopefully they will do a walk-in interview before this year ends. =)

choh

Post by choh » Sun, 04 Sep 2005 3:51 am

Rinana wrote:

hi hopful,

i think the gulf air walk-in interview was around march, april, if i didn't remember wrongly... i did not really read the advert in details because as i said i was very busy with work to go for the walk-in.

but i applied online a couple of days ago and hopefully they will do a walk-in interview before this year ends. =)
hey, you are right! Gulf Air got a walk-in interview earlier this year. saw their advert. in the papers too! but didn't think much about it that time cos i do not know much about Gulf Air.
now that i know they are an international airline which flies to more than 50 destinations and not a bad company to work for!
should have go for the walk-in earlier this year then... haiz... now got wait for them to conduct another walk-in... :(