Singapore Expats Forum

Any expats in Yio Chu Kang

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!

Any expats in Yio Chu Kang

Postby Guest » Thu, 25 Aug 2005 2:13 pm

Heya everybody!

Any expats in Yio Chu Kang? Used to stay in the western part of Singapore but moved in here a couple of months back. No malls and hardly anything interesting in YCK.

Anyone around? Would be great if you could share what you do over the weekends or even evenings for that matter.

I end up in front of the telly most evenings and cook!

Cheers

hey back to you

Postby hey back to you » Thu, 25 Aug 2005 2:26 pm

Are you an expat? Where are you from ?

There's always tennis . . . :P

Postby Guest » Thu, 25 Aug 2005 4:14 pm

Heya, I cant hit a ball! ;)

from India here! What about you?

A Expat

Hi

Postby A Expat » Sun, 28 Aug 2005 11:14 am

Hi,

I live in the West Coast as well but in Clementi.

I can understand your boredom as i was based in Bukit Batok earlier and found it to be very boring.

In my neighbourhood there is one bar and a few good eating places.

So if your interested in hanging out with me on weekends let me know.

You can e-mail me at: swiss_master@yahoo.com

Immortal

Re: Any expats in Yio Chu Kang

Postby Immortal » Mon, 29 Aug 2005 3:06 pm

Hiya
I live in that area, somewhat. There's always North Point or Compass Point for the malls and groc shopping. There's NTUC and other shops in Ang Mo Kio estates. True, there isn't much in this area, but then again I've lived here all my life and I can't complain much. It's nice to go out to town on the weekends and it can still be entertaining y'know? Unlike living in town, you start feeling claustrophobic. Maybe just I do! If you have a car, take a drive down to Jalan Kayu. There's lots of nice houses, food stalls, a lil bar/restaurant and even more casual bars in Seletar Camp. Did i forget to mention, WIDE OIPEN SPACES! I love the Camp, I love low set buildings and thank god for the Airport (where I work btw). No high risers in sight, yey! Could never understand the incessant need for so many flipping flats and condos' and the never ending construction work! Another reason I don't head into to town so often. Anyhoo, I like the north and it has it's lil qualities. Hope you can find them. Give us a shout if you need help.
Cheers
Den's Padme

Anonymous wrote:Heya everybody!

Any expats in Yio Chu Kang? Used to stay in the western part of Singapore but moved in here a couple of months back. No malls and hardly anything interesting in YCK.

Anyone around? Would be great if you could share what you do over the weekends or even evenings for that matter.

I end up in front of the telly most evenings and cook!

Cheers

Postby Guest » Thu, 01 Sep 2005 3:01 pm

Thanks pal. Shall look up the place and explore!

:)