Singapore Expats Forum

Anyone know where to buy good bicycles?

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
little_bold_bear

Anyone know where to buy good bicycles?

Postby little_bold_bear » Wed, 24 Aug 2005 5:08 pm

Hi y'all!

Would anyone happen to know a good place to buy a decent bike? Nothing fancy, just a mountain bike that can actually withstand some punishment. :D I know the road conditions here are quite good and tame for a mountain bike, but I do prefer to go offroad. The bikes I've seen in places like Carrefour look like junk and aren't sturdy.

Cheers.

dutch girl

Postby dutch girl » Wed, 24 Aug 2005 9:46 pm

I like the bike shop on Upper Cross street, corner Havelock road. They have a good range of bicycles.

Good luck!

little_bold_bear

Postby little_bold_bear » Thu, 25 Aug 2005 8:47 am

Thanks Dutch girl! I'll check it on on the weekend.

Carpe Diem
Manager
Manager

Postby Carpe Diem » Thu, 25 Aug 2005 9:03 am

La vie est trop courte, profitons de chaque instant

YOGI

Check on Page 1

Postby YOGI » Wed, 31 Aug 2005 1:40 pm

Check out page 1 of this forum some chap called Imtiaz, seems to know quite a bit about cycling and cycles in Singapore. Am sure he would be of help

little_bold_bear

Postby little_bold_bear » Sat, 03 Sep 2005 5:48 pm

Thanks people! I bought a good mountain bike over the weekend and I've been cycling every night. :D I'm a bit of a cycling nut.... aaah, my lovely aluminum angel....

dcmiii

Postby dcmiii » Sat, 03 Sep 2005 7:15 pm

little_bold_bear wrote:Thanks people! I bought a good mountain bike over the weekend and I've been cycling every night. :D I'm a bit of a cycling nut.... aaah, my lovely aluminum angel....

Hi little_bold_bear,

May I asks where did you buy your bike and how much it was? Im looking for mountain bike aswell around the $600 to $700 price range.

If you can kindly advise please. :D

Thanks.

little_bold_bear

Postby little_bold_bear » Sun, 04 Sep 2005 12:18 pm

I got my bike at T3 Bicycle Gears PTE LTD along the Upper East Coast Road. It costs $400: Gary Fischer bike, aluminum frame, cantilever brakes (Shimano brakes and 21-speed gear set). I didn't go for suspension, as the *last* time I had one of those I busted them in less than 2 months. If you're riding on the paved tracks, you don't need suspension anyway. If you're riding REALLY rough tracks (like I tend to do), you won't need suspension anyway. :D But that's my opinion.

riversandlakes
Reporter
Reporter

Postby riversandlakes » Sun, 04 Sep 2005 7:41 pm

i was thinking of going road bicycles, then for 2 weeks i realized that i've seen virtually no road bicycles around on the road nor when parked?!
because i practically grew up with mountain bikes...

is $400 a medium-level mtb?

btw: like your running smurf avatar...hehe
Goatboy will always cherish his former goatgirl.
But the world is full of fluffier ones.

dcmiii

Postby dcmiii » Tue, 06 Sep 2005 6:03 pm

little_bold_bear wrote:I got my bike at T3 Bicycle Gears PTE LTD along the Upper East Coast Road. It costs $400: Gary Fischer bike, aluminum frame, cantilever brakes (Shimano brakes and 21-speed gear set). I didn't go for suspension, as the *last* time I had one of those I busted them in less than 2 months. If you're riding on the paved tracks, you don't need suspension anyway. If you're riding REALLY rough tracks (like I tend to do), you won't need suspension anyway. :D But that's my opinion.

Thanks "little_bold_bear", will check this place out. Went to Treknology Bike Shop but it seems their prices were pretty expensive. :)