Singapore Expats Forum

SEMINAR ROOM

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Alfalfa
Chatter
Chatter

SEMINAR ROOM

Postby Alfalfa » Wed, 24 Aug 2005 11:29 am

Do you guys know where else I can find seminar room for rental.

I have been using the one at the Science Hub and getting sick of it already. Any other building has this facility for rent. Well hotel is out of the question way over the budget since seminar comes FOC to the particpants.

Please give some suggestions.

thanks
We'll get along fine as soon as you realize I'm Good.

Baron Greenback
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Baron Greenback » Wed, 24 Aug 2005 12:04 pm

I know some schools rent out rooms on the weekend or evenings. But I guess you need something for a weekday, sorry all i can think of are hotels or maybe clubs (but I imagine they would be in the same price range as hotels)
"An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools."
Hemingway

Alfalfa
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Alfalfa » Wed, 24 Aug 2005 2:18 pm

Oh well.... where else can I get a new venue for the seminar..

I made a call to URA yes, they have rooms for rent.. but the lady on the other line is so good at convincing me that their facility is not for me instead of suggesting alternatives as to how I can use it. She is all out to tell me "sorry I don't think this will fit you yada yada yada... " what an idiot.. maybe it will give her more work if I do book the room... hhhmmm.. i can't say much but people working for the govt bodies are always like that.
:x
Or am I wrong???
We'll get along fine as soon as you realize I'm Good.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 24 Aug 2005 2:19 pm

Check out some of the Community Centre's in the New Towns. They just build a brand new one in Serangoon North. Quite large but not been inside yet so don't know if they have those type of facilities. I know you used to be able to rent the auditorium's.

sms

banana
Reporter
Reporter

Postby banana » Wed, 24 Aug 2005 3:51 pm

Try non-government schools. They usually have more modern facilities and Building Managers who are capable of making decisions on their own.
some signatures are more equal than others