Singapore Expats Forum

Multiskilled, Intelligent, well spoken maid

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Maid

Multiskilled, Intelligent, well spoken maid

Postby Maid » Mon, 22 Aug 2005 9:54 pm

when i was working few months ago and desperately needed some help at home i paid a maid 12.50 per hour!

now that i am umployed, i go to the job agencies and jobs for PAs and secretaries are being offered at 6.50 - 8 dollars, or if they really squeeze it to 10 dollars per hour.

will i work as a maid? Yes, sure, my bills gotta get paid.

andre_

Postby andre_ » Mon, 22 Aug 2005 9:59 pm

I'm looking for some maid, not so old and ugly, and plus she suppose to cook something good quality and do massage, it's all

Postby Guest » Mon, 22 Aug 2005 11:02 pm

You're a real Jerk, andre! Stop making an utter fool of yourself but I suspect that may be tough as its difficult to change. Once a fool......

You and andre_1, one and the same, I suspect because of the same demeaning garbage you post.

Postby Guest » Tue, 23 Aug 2005 9:29 am

Hi,u really wan to work as a maid?

andre_

Postby andre_ » Tue, 23 Aug 2005 10:58 am

You dunno local life, my friend have maid, she is average to good looking in her 30s plus, cook very good every evening have dinner, plus she do massage, it's real.
if you maid so useless never seen vacuum cleaner in her life, and can't help ur family, means stupid is you.

Maid

Postby Maid » Tue, 23 Aug 2005 7:32 pm

Anonymous wrote:Hi,u really wan to work as a maid?

I was trying to highlight the disparity and my despair! At the end of the day, If i get paid at least 10 dollars for an hour and my transport paid- thats ok isnt it, its better than an recruitment agency consultant telling me patronisingly to take it or leave it.

Maid Marion

Re: Multiskilled, Intelligent, well spoken maid

Postby Maid Marion » Tue, 23 Aug 2005 11:26 pm

Maid wrote:when i was working few months ago and desperately needed some help at home i paid a maid 12.50 per hour!

now that i am umployed, i go to the job agencies and jobs for PAs and secretaries are being offered at 6.50 - 8 dollars, or if they really squeeze it to 10 dollars per hour.

Whats wrong with working as a maid? Its a job, it pays the bills. Some maids have degrees aswell, however, due to the shortage of jobs back in their own countries and poor income they come to Singapore and work as maids.

Maid

Re: Multiskilled, Intelligent, well spoken maid

Postby Maid » Wed, 24 Aug 2005 5:03 am

Maid Marion wrote:
Maid wrote:when i was working few months ago and desperately needed some help at home i paid a maid 12.50 per hour!

Whats wrong with working as a maid? Its a job, it pays the bills. Some maids have degrees aswell, however, due to the shortage of jobs back in their own countries and poor income they come to Singapore and work as maids.

who said anything was WRONG? im merely pointing out the disparity in rates for payment- get it?