Singapore Expats Forum

NEED TEMPORARY FOSTER HOME FOR CAT

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

SHB

NEED TEMPORARY FOSTER HOME FOR CAT

Postby SHB » Mon, 22 Aug 2005 11:59 am

I am looking for a temporary foster home for my darling cat...

I'm going through some personal and professional unpheavals and may need to find work outside Singapore and also may soon be 'homeless'. Its imperative that meow has a good place and good people to watch her whilst i figure things out and then i can take her to where-ever i 'settle' again.

This is what i need:
**Foster parent/s- with no other animals or children below 10. This is because smaller children may not understand that she really takes time to get used to strangers patting her.

**Because of 'territorial' issues, i dont want to put her with people who have other cats (or dogs) as she will get traumatised by that in addition to not having me around.

She is not the kind of cat who comes to you for lots of cuddles (i wish she was!!) but she's ok if you pat her after she gets used to u.
She uses her scratch post often but will scratch other furniture if given a chance therefore will need to be 're'trained' in a new home.

If its a flat, would prefer if its not higher than 3rd floor because she likes to sit on the window sill to watch the world go by- if there's a balcony that would even be better! but not higher than 3rd flr pls. I am concerned about heights for her, cats DO NOT always land on their feet!!

I will pay for her food and litter (she is well trained in that sense so will not poo or pee anywhere else except her tray).

I just need to make sure she is with people who will care for her, who will give her some time to adjust and be patient with her. I am not in a good place financially otherwise i could just find a place to stay and have a maid come in to feed her regularly etc. I need to consider a job in a neighbouring country and will see how that feels and if i find that i may take that long term i will send for meow to join me there.

Please email me at seahorsebreeze@yahoo.com.sg

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

SHB

Postby SHB » Fri, 26 Aug 2005 2:44 pm

Hi All
Please forward the above message to friends you know who may be able interested in this.

Thank you.

babykasim
Chatter
Chatter

Postby babykasim » Fri, 26 Aug 2005 3:15 pm

Hi SHB,

I wish I could help but Im staying by myself and most of the time Im not home - I don't think its fair for the cat to be home alone.

Anyway, there's this place called mettacattery --> www.mettacats.org
this is actually a pet (cats n few dogs) sanctuary.

U can try to contact them and see if anyone there could help you.
hope this helps.

For others reading this as well, metta cattery is always looking for volunteers to help them - even if you can just pay a visit n play w/ the cats there, do visit the site for more info.

Postby Guest » Fri, 26 Aug 2005 4:49 pm

babykasim wrote:Hi SHB,

I wish I could help but Im staying by myself and most of the time Im not home - I don't think its fair for the cat to be home alone.

Anyway, there's this place called mettacattery --> www.mettacats.org
this is actually a pet (cats n few dogs) sanctuary.

U can try to contact them and see if anyone there could help you.
hope this helps.

For others reading this as well, metta cattery is always looking for volunteers to help them - even if you can just pay a visit n play w/ the cats there, do visit the site for more info.

she is ok on her own,just needs food n water,plsemail me so we can comuunicate seahorsebreeze@yahoo.com.sg
tks