Singapore Expats Forum

WNDC ths Wed, Aug 24th @ No. 5

Weekly meetup of WNDC - Wednesday Night Drinking Club
hkgal

Postby hkgal » Mon, 22 Aug 2005 2:50 pm

Est_ wrote:It's actually before orchard centerpoint, you'll see this outdoor bar place, just walk further in and ta daaaa :D emerald hill, no.5 :twisted:

(I think I'm really bad at giving directions :lol:)

thanks "Est", yr instrcution is clear, i think i have a rough idea on where it is!! :wink: if really can't find yr folks, will try to shout in the street..."where is emerald hill??" - wish my voice is large enough...heeehee

Est_

Postby Est_ » Mon, 22 Aug 2005 2:58 pm

Haha @ hkgirl, you should yell.. where's No. 5?!!!!!!! :lol:
~The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen, nor touched... but are felt in the heart.~

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Mon, 22 Aug 2005 3:00 pm

I like No. 5 as well, has a different ambience from other pubs that I've been to. So, I'll be there. Shazers, there are other nice people to meet too, just show up!
hkgal hope you find the place, cya there. :D
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

guruvishwanath
Chatter
Chatter

Postby guruvishwanath » Mon, 22 Aug 2005 3:22 pm

Last Friday, It was nice to see people and attach faces to names or it names to faces or something.... AArrrgh! Its not the monday morning blues. :roll:

One of these days, I will come to WNDC if I ever get to leave my office early on a wednesday.

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Postby dot dot dot » Mon, 22 Aug 2005 3:47 pm

ok, ok... I was probably a bit blunt on this one, but emerald hill is just not my scene so much, kind of expats and locals I am not comfortable with, at least when I was there a couple of times last year.

no.5 I may have been, not sure, but if I feel like I will give it a try, will see.

Have fun!

Eric

Shazers
Regular
Regular

Postby Shazers » Mon, 22 Aug 2005 8:40 pm

Well,

Think that I will be coming after all.........Hope I don't make a fool out of myself coming alone and approaching the wrong people instead of the usual bunch of WNDC!

Shazers

Ninanoki

Postby Ninanoki » Mon, 22 Aug 2005 9:28 pm

Out of curiosity, what does WDNC stand for?

Sounds interesting, would like to come!

At the risk of sounding redundant, I know this has been asked a zillion times already on this thread, Where is it? And how would I recognize you guys?

Postby Guest » Mon, 22 Aug 2005 9:40 pm

WNDC stands for Wednesday Night Drinking Club. It is held in different pubs every week. Deadpoet is the organiser. As for recognising us, hmm...Deadpoet did mention either outside or upstairs. Oh this week it is at No. 5, Emerald Hill, Orchard Road. Closest MRT is Somerset, in fact hop skip and jump from it. Once you step out of Somerset station, cross the road, its bang opposite it, more or less...

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Mon, 22 Aug 2005 9:41 pm

Above post was by me, I seem to get logged out, or just my old age making me forgetful. :wink:
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

timtams
Regular
Regular

Postby timtams » Mon, 22 Aug 2005 11:23 pm

Hey,

Do you guys stay late? I'm thinking of popping by after my class, probably around 10nish. It'll be my 1st meet though. :D

tequilabot

Postby tequilabot » Tue, 23 Aug 2005 10:01 am

Hi pals

Agreed that Emerlard Hill is a charming lane behind Orchard. No5 is a great place to hangout. either outdoor or indoor.

if you need some excitement, try out the Chili vodka - chili soak in vodka & drink on neat .... & the pizza is damn good ...

Deadpoet
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Deadpoet » Tue, 23 Aug 2005 4:13 pm

Anonymous wrote:WNDC stands for Wednesday Night Drinking Club. It is held in different pubs every week. Deadpoet is the organiser. As for recognising us, hmm...Deadpoet did mention either outside or upstairs. Oh this week it is at No. 5, Emerald Hill, Orchard Road. Closest MRT is Somerset, in fact hop skip and jump from it. Once you step out of Somerset station, cross the road, its bang opposite it, more or less...

Guest, thanks for the direction.
Once you enter Emerald Hill, you have to walk thru a resturant/bar (forgot its name), right after that you you find 3 bars on your left, the middle one is No. 5.
Deadpoet
Carpe Diem

Deadpoet
Chatter
Chatter

WNDC

Postby Deadpoet » Wed, 24 Aug 2005 1:09 pm

see you all tonight
Deadpoet

Carpe Diem

AS

Re: WNDC

Postby AS » Wed, 24 Aug 2005 5:55 pm

Deadpoet wrote:see you all tonight

You gonna carry the WNDC sign?

hkgal

Postby hkgal » Wed, 24 Aug 2005 6:59 pm

oh.... i got a meeting need to attend at night... too bad :cry: .... but i will try to finish it asap and let see whether i can hop on for my first gathering here...