Singapore Expats Forum

Lunatic Physics Teacher in Pioneer Junior College

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Lunatic Physics Teacher in Pioneer Junior College

Postby Guest » Sat, 20 Aug 2005 2:49 pm

I am a student of xxx. We have an abnormal Physics Teacher Mr ??? in the school! He'll dress in strange costumes and behave like as if in a drama during teaching. While me and my frends are at canteen, we often see him hopping from table to table to disturb the people eating there, by singing stupid nursery rhymes and placing his name in his own sick jokes.

Just wondering, does the MOE bother about the existence of such teacher in the school? I think he is suffering from serious dementia!

This is quite scary and disturbing...

Re: Lunatic Physics Teacher in Pioneer Junior College

Postby Guest » Sat, 20 Aug 2005 5:58 pm

What kind of strange costume? swimming trunk? or clown suit?

Anonymous wrote:I am a student of . We have an abnormal Physics Teacher Mr in the school! He'll dress in strange costumes and behave like as if in a drama during teaching. While me and my frends are at canteen, we often see him hopping from table to table to disturb the people eating there, by singing stupid nursery rhymes and placing his name in his own sick jokes.

Just wondering, does the MOE bother about the existence of such teacher in the school? I think he is suffering from serious dementia!

samantha
Chatter
Chatter

Postby samantha » Tue, 23 Aug 2005 10:39 am

I am also from a jc... Don't you think you may got shot down for making public the teachers names?? I think its against the school rules... :evil:
I'm so stupid that I surprise myself sometimes...

k1w1
Reporter
Reporter

Postby k1w1 » Tue, 23 Aug 2005 11:17 am

So ask the MOE. I don' t think an Expat website is the right place to ask this question. Also, I agree, you should not have used his name.

Postby Guest » Wed, 24 Aug 2005 3:23 am

Why don't you put your REAL name here so we can decide if you deserve that lunatic teacher of yours? Obviously you are trying to slander your teacher.

Lucid one

Re: Lunatic Physics Teacher in Pioneer Junior College

Postby Lucid one » Wed, 24 Aug 2005 4:09 pm

Anonymous wrote:I am a student of . We have an abnormal Physics Teacher Mr in the school! He'll dress in strange costumes and behave like as if in a drama during teaching. While me and my frends are at canteen, we often see him hopping from table to table to disturb the people eating there, by singing stupid nursery rhymes and placing his name in his own sick jokes.

How do you define 'abnormal'? What is normal? First you and your friends need to know and define what normal is and then label anyone who does not conform to the usual dress code as 'abnormal'! You would like to see your physics teacher whose name you should not have made public to dress like your brother, father or even like the other male teachers at school. You would like him to look and behave like all the other men in Singapore! You would like him to come to school and behave as if he has no imagination, individuality or eccentricities like the rest of the Singaporean men!! Come on man :wink: Grow up!!! :wink:

We live in a real world where we all have minds of our own. We can think what we like, eat what we like and therefore dress the way we like. There is nothing wrong in dressing differently from everyone else if that's what we like. Besides, you are there to study and not to scrutinize your physics teacher's dress sense!

I think its great to 'dress in strange costumes and behave like as if in a drama' because it takes the boredom out of a subject which can be very boring at times!! It also shows he has the ability to put his creative thinking into actions and the way he dresses is his expression of what he is really thinking, feeling and wishing. His clothes tell the world who he really is, that he is an 'individual' who is different from the rest of the teachers. Have you never read Shakespeare? If you have, don't you remember what he said regarding the world being a 'STAGE'?

We are all actors here and playing a role and it could be any role. It can also be a role within a role within a role. My advice to you is live and let live!!!

Physics can be a boring subject for some students. Don't forget he was a physics student once and he felt like making it more intersting and attractive and that's the reason he discovered these 'strange costumes' to take the boredom out of the subject of physics.

Besides most of the sciences profs are eccentrics and this is the way some of them express their eccentric side to the world; by dressing in 'strange costumes' and funny looking hats. This is their way of showing us not to take life too seriously. It is not worth it.

So think yourself as a lucky person. You have been exposed to something which is very natural and NORMAL. There are lots of different aspects to our personalities and eccentricity is only one of them.

I say good luck to you physics teacher and if this is how he feels like dressing then let him be. If he likes to behave as if he is in a drama class instead of a physics class then that is fine too; as long as he is teaching Newton's law of Gravity, theory of Relativity and the Archemedes's principle of Floatation!!! If he loves singing nursery rhymes to you while you are eating then he is only providing live entertainment to you boring looking kids, that's all. Singing might be another of his passions too and seeing he cannot sing pop/love songs to you all while at school he sings nursery rhymes instead. There is nothing wrong. My favorite nursery rhyme was and still is ' Jack and Jill went up the hill' which I learnt from a teacher too at nursery school :D :D

Don't forget ' the world is a stage' and we are here one minute and gone the next!!!!!!!!!Stop being so serious!!

banana
Reporter
Reporter

Postby banana » Wed, 24 Aug 2005 4:20 pm

Stop being so serious!!

The irony! It burns!
some signatures are more equal than others

Amusing

Postby Amusing » Wed, 24 Aug 2005 4:25 pm

I wish I had a teacher like him for physics!! He comes acrosss as a very amusing individual which is so rare to be seen in this boring little place called Singapore :D :D

Postby Guest » Thu, 25 Aug 2005 6:54 pm

I wish i have such a fun teacher too.

Postby Guest » Thu, 25 Aug 2005 7:16 pm

Yeap, me too :console: