Singapore Expats Forum

Chico and Charlie outing ...

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
Minkcoat
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Minkcoat » Sun, 21 Aug 2005 11:11 am

Kudos Eric!....my hats off to U for your gracious effort in getting us together at C&C.

Coming from the Conf Mgmt industry whether you plan for 10 or 1000 delegates & despite diligently reciting & ticking off All the 'To Do Things' List....always Expect the Unexpected!!

Despite the 'minor hitches' :roll: it was an enjoyable evening....in fact we gals partied on at a Retros 80s Beach Event at the East Coast till 0500hrs!
and one lucky thorn amongst the roses joined us :wink:

Alfafa, Kimi, Ellyn, TLS, MusicFever, Baby Casem & The Dude - thanks for showing off your great grooves - splendid workout indeed :D

MinkCoat
SMILE - it makes pple wonder what U've been up to!~

Cal Girl

Postby Cal Girl » Sun, 21 Aug 2005 11:12 am

I had food poisoning too this week, so didn't go to wednesday club, and then my husband got iton friday so we didn't go to Chico's or UNSing!

But Chico's has abominable service- a large, sour-faced staff that ignores you. Plus the burritos are the worst I've ever had...definitely overpriced.

vidia
Regular
Regular

Postby vidia » Sun, 21 Aug 2005 2:07 pm

Kimi wrote:
plus I got married, devorced, and remarried with the same woman!!!

I suppose it's probably an inside joke...but how did that happen??

Ha, ha! Has to do with Chris's plan to take over the world! Of course he will fail and I will succeed.....! But I didn't realize you got divorced and remarried - must have happened after I left!

Kimi - love your sig - I am a Marxist too!

schwanderbe

hello

Postby schwanderbe » Sun, 21 Aug 2005 7:52 pm

I would like to join you but I was too scare and shy because english is not my native language. I'm in Singapore since the beginning of August. I speak french, spanish and try to be better in english.
I need to join you...
See you
Pascale

Kimi
Reporter
Reporter

Re: hello

Postby Kimi » Mon, 22 Aug 2005 7:07 pm

schwanderbe wrote:I would like to join you but I was too scare and shy because english is not my native language. I'm in Singapore since the beginning of August. I speak french, spanish and try to be better in english.
I need to join you...
See you
Pascale

Everybody I've met so far in any of the gatherings are quite nice and decent. Sure you can't be best buddies with everybody, but that is normal isn't it?
There were some French-speaking people in my BBQ for example and non-French natives who can speak French in the gatherings as well, and considering I as a non English native speaker can understand what you wrote, I don't think you have any problem, no worries lah :)

Kimi
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Kimi » Mon, 22 Aug 2005 7:23 pm

vidia wrote:Kimi - love your sig - I am a Marxist too!

Cheers ears!
I put some in the "Quote of the day" thread, new one that is, even though I started exactly the same thread somewhere here...

KT
Chatter
Chatter

Postby KT » Mon, 22 Aug 2005 9:01 pm

too bad i was very late... missed the excitement ;)

more than that ..didnt have much time to meet and talk to new people ... was hoping everyone would stay longer...

...epl , alfa hope to see more of u guys next time !

was looking forward to meeting stefania n edge , new rivals ;)

eric ...we gotta get together for a football discussion over a few beers sometime with these guys !
"El tango no está en los pies. Está en el corazón."

stefania
Chatter
Chatter

Postby stefania » Mon, 22 Aug 2005 9:02 pm

Ermmm....i'm a girl. :P

KT
Chatter
Chatter

Postby KT » Mon, 22 Aug 2005 9:59 pm

i had no idea ;)

alrite corrections ..... get together with the guys n gals ... over beer n ehem.. watever it is that gals drink when they watch n talk football :roll:

stefania wrote:Ermmm....i'm a girl. :P
"El tango no está en los pies. Está en el corazón."

babykasim
Chatter
Chatter

Re: hello

Postby babykasim » Tue, 23 Aug 2005 9:55 am

schwanderbe wrote:I would like to join you but I was too scare and shy because english is not my native language. I'm in Singapore since the beginning of August. I speak french, spanish and try to be better in english.
I need to join you...
See you
Pascale

you should go the next time there's an outing
It was my first time and I had lots of fun - met lots of new friends as well.

and to think I almost chickened out at the last minute 'cos I went there alone :oops:

Had lots of fun at the dinner n the club - too bad I had to leave early as Im going to JB in the morning.

so, when n where will the next event be? :D

Chris_Austria
Regular
Regular

Postby Chris_Austria » Tue, 23 Aug 2005 10:09 am

vidia wrote:Ha, ha! Has to do with Chris's plan to take over the world! Of course he will fail and I will succeed.....! But I didn't realize you got divorced and remarried - must have happened after I left!

Kimi - love your sig - I am a Marxist too!

I got remarried on the way to our cab... and this marriage will work, I am confident about it: Because this time, I know her name...

and vidia: Marxism... is that how you want to compete against me? *laughingamused*... and remember: the Northern hemisphere is mine! :twisted:
"We're the middle children of history, men. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War is a spiritual war. Our Great Depression is our lives."

lurvemuffin

Postby lurvemuffin » Tue, 23 Aug 2005 8:12 pm

Hello..Every1 seems to be raving abt this big (or botched) outing.. I suppose I missed it being a newbie. What happened?