Singapore Expats Forum

Chico and Charlie outing ...

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
Deadpoet
Chatter
Chatter

Chico and Charlie outing ...

Postby Deadpoet » Fri, 19 Aug 2005 11:50 pm

Found 1 pair of aviator style sunglass on my table when we left. Contact me to retrieve.

ha, you guys probably thought I am posting something else ... anyway still had a great night
Deadpoet
Carpe Diem

Matney
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Matney » Sat, 20 Aug 2005 9:09 am

DP, why would we get that idea?!? :lol: It was great meeting so many nice people and now being able to put faces with names. Again, thanks to Eric for organising and the problems of the night were not his. We really did enjoy ourselves! :D :D :D

newgirl
Regular
Regular

Postby newgirl » Sat, 20 Aug 2005 10:15 am

Matney wrote:DP, why would we get that idea?!? :lol: It was great meeting so many nice people and now being able to put faces with names. Again, thanks to Eric for organising and the problems of the night were not his. We really did enjoy ourselves! :D :D :D

Hi Matney - I agree- I've organised these kind of things before and it's a nitemare.

Eric I hope you weren't out of pocket in anyway! Thanks again for all your efforts

I am feeling suprisingly fresh this am, despite the evening's high jinks. Although in saying that, I look like Alice Cooper as I forgot to take my mascara off.

Pip pip here's hoping the rain stops soon

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Sat, 20 Aug 2005 1:09 pm

I've just surfaced!!
As the people above mentioned, it was a nice outing, irrespective of C&C. I met all the Bintan madcaps after a long time and it was fun to meet them again...and, other new faces too. Hope we can organise something more casual next time and get to spend more time shooting the shit.

Thanks for organising the event Eric. (Decided to be polite to you for a change). :P
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Postby dot dot dot » Sat, 20 Aug 2005 1:45 pm

I would like to take the opportunity to thank all of you for turning the night into the way it developed: a great night out.

Despite the hick ups and sometimes even 'bad' moments, I think I saw a happy bunch of people, mingling and socializing, laughing, having fun. And that is what this is about. In between some mexican munching, some zipping on a margaritha and just laughing the disturbances away.

I enjoyed it watching all of you getting together.

Thanks all of you, I learnt from this experience again. Being in marketing myself, I once more realised that marketeers sometimes need to be brought to reality, so I will do that and have a chat with C & C's marketing department.

Oh, and thanks for the attention, not needed, but very very much appreciated, I looove Tequila, *hik* :wink:

Muchos gracias y hasta la proxima!

Eric

Kimi
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Kimi » Sat, 20 Aug 2005 2:23 pm

Cheers Erick for organising the event.
Only I have a feeling that for the resto's staff it wasn't such a good experience either. I must admit however I don't think anybody would recommend to have a rendezvous there anymore!
I didn't get to talk to everybody, esp. the people on the table where Heidi and newgirl were, sorry :( But hopefully in the next rendezvous.
It was nice to be able to meet new people and old timers like the Bintan lot.

For those who took photos of people on the table where Fohls and I etc. were, if it were a digital camera, would you please kindly send us the photo by PM (if the photos are put in an album thus the link to be sent) or e-mail? You can ask by PM for the addy.

BTW, I reckon the sunglasses might belong to The Dude (the Dutch bloke sitting next to Heidi yesterday). Cause he said that he forgot his sunglasses before we left this club we went to after the dinner. I think he started the windsurfing thread somewhere here.

mad
Chatter
Chatter

Postby mad » Sat, 20 Aug 2005 2:40 pm

A big thank you goes to Eric for organising that event :)

It was fun meeting you guys, even though i didn't manage to talk to everyone :oops:

See you guys again.

cheers

mad
- Other people's opinion of you does not have to become your reality -

Chris_Austria
Regular
Regular

Postby Chris_Austria » Sat, 20 Aug 2005 5:06 pm

sounds as if you had a great time but with some complications... may I ask what happened at C&C??
"We're the middle children of history, men. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War is a spiritual war. Our Great Depression is our lives."

Kimi
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Kimi » Sat, 20 Aug 2005 5:15 pm

At the end, what was served is just the option that was voted the most, which is the cocktail either A or 2, sorry I haven't read the whole posts in the voting thread :oops:
I didn't notice, but apparently for one, one dish was missing from what was served.
And since drinks are not included in the menu we got, some people ordered the drinks themselves, but heaps didn't get the drinks and still got charged for them.
Another thing is, the cashier machine broke down, and so some people had to wait till they were leaving the resto to get their change and that's only if you asked for it. Some people might have just left forgetting they hadn't got their change yet, but I hope not. I was nearly though :oops:

Such a shame you couldn't come ay? How is your tummy by now?

Chris_Austria
Regular
Regular

Postby Chris_Austria » Sat, 20 Aug 2005 7:16 pm

food poison is over, so my stomach ace has gone... what kept me from coming was my widom tooth operation... hope to see all of u at another outing... or at an UNsing meeting
"We're the middle children of history, men. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War is a spiritual war. Our Great Depression is our lives."

timtams
Regular
Regular

Postby timtams » Sat, 20 Aug 2005 7:21 pm

What's UNsing? :?:

stefania
Chatter
Chatter

Postby stefania » Sat, 20 Aug 2005 10:42 pm

Thanks Eric, for organising this event and can't wait to see familiar and new faces at future events. Cheers!

Postby Guest » Sat, 20 Aug 2005 11:55 pm

hi there,

probably the restaurant manager got to read the posting in "EF". & hopefully the services will get better someday.

hi Eric, thanks! it's also a good chance to know Mrs Eric. :shock:

Chris_Austria
Regular
Regular

Postby Chris_Austria » Sun, 21 Aug 2005 12:22 am

timtams wrote:What's UNsing? :?:

It's a mailing list of Singaporean expats and locals to meet up on weekends... so far, I have been to four meetings, and I really love to meet these people... plus all newbies are invited to join the meetings in order to make friends... when I came here, I knew nobody! After 5 weeks, I have a personal dentist, one favourite Aussi guy to whom to talk, plus I got married, devorced, and remarried with the same woman!!!

If you want to join the group, you should look at the thread "newbies meeting...." (or threads with similar meaning) here in this forum...

Kimi
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Kimi » Sun, 21 Aug 2005 2:15 am

plus I got married, devorced, and remarried with the same woman!!!

I suppose it's probably an inside joke...but how did that happen??