Singapore Expats Forum

Tiger Airways Cabin Crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
peachcooler
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue, 03 Jun 2008
Location: Singapore

Re: Q and A ?

Postby peachcooler » Thu, 05 Jun 2008 11:32 am

did you already submitted? haven't gotten any call yet? don't worry they might be just choosing as i saw yesterday when i went to the office, it's a whole bunch of applicants resume were on the table.


Hi Sofia,

Where did you go for the interview? From tiger direct or agency?

User avatar
Sofia888
Member
Member
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon, 26 May 2008
Location: Singapore

Re: Q and A ?

Postby Sofia888 » Thu, 05 Jun 2008 5:09 pm


Hi, everyone out there who is keen on joining TR as Cabin Crew. We, Tiger Airways Flight Crew, have a Group on Facebook called "Go Cats", with lots of pics and other stuff! Please have a look. Or better still, join the Group, okay? Hope to see you onboard as colleagues in the future!! Take care, and good "luck" for your upcoming interviews. Practice your inflight announcements, k?



hello ryan wow i'm very excited to work with you in the future. I am now given a contract from tiger airways and would drop by for my medical this week. i hope eveything turns out smoothly. I'm very excited to work with you guys.. july is the training schedule. very nervous... take care! Go Cats!


Hi Sofia,

Where did you go for the interview? From tiger direct or agency?


I passed my resume directly to tiger airways and they did invited me for an interview. did you passed yours? they are still selecting i guess.. take care!!!

crystalshineshine
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue, 29 Jan 2008
Location: Singapore

Postby crystalshineshine » Tue, 10 Jun 2008 12:13 am

hi there how do u passed directly yo them? u email them or went dwn to their office? u have the add? thx!!

User avatar
Sofia888
Member
Member
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon, 26 May 2008
Location: Singapore

Postby Sofia888 » Sun, 22 Jun 2008 12:02 pm

crystalshineshine wrote:hi there how do u passed directly yo them? u email them or went dwn to their office? u have the add? thx!!


I emailed them my CV and they called me up. just pass your cv to them and if you are shortlisted they'd give you a call. take care!
"Never Let Anything Get In the Way Of Your Destiny.."- View From the Top

valeberry
Regular
Regular
Posts: 75
Joined: Tue, 26 Feb 2008
Location: Singapore

Postby valeberry » Sun, 22 Jun 2008 4:06 pm

mehmeh wrote:
balukugirl wrote:i heard TR is paying lesser than MI? true?


yea.. abt 50% or even more.. the basic in TR for normal crew is only $800, yet to include commission and sector allowance.. they came up with an internship thingy for batch 12 and onwards, not sure if still on now.. if so, i heard from my fren tat internship's salary is even lower.. :(


I tot the basic was $500. =X

I went for the interview last Feb08, was told that the basic was $500.

In addition, you hav to fork $5000 for the bond. If you break, they will take the $5000. If you complete 3 yrs bond, $5000 is yours.

Sounds more like investment.

Correct me if im wrong.

valeberry
Regular
Regular
Posts: 75
Joined: Tue, 26 Feb 2008
Location: Singapore

Re: be optimistic!

Postby valeberry » Sun, 22 Jun 2008 4:08 pm

jerlyn wrote:
mehmeh wrote:
balukugirl wrote:i heard TR is paying lesser than MI? true?


yea.. abt 50% or even more.. the basic in TR for normal crew is only $800, yet to include commission and sector allowance.. they came up with an internship thingy for batch 12 and onwards, not sure if still on now.. if so, i heard from my fren tat internship's salary is even lower.. :(


Hi meh meh.. thanks for the kind regards..
sometimes the more we earn, the more we spend...=) u might earn lesser but u'll get something in return unlike someone who earns much more.. i noe its soo easy for words and for me to say...for the doer to convince himself is harder.. i am learning to and telling myself each and everyday to be contented and take things easy...=D


I agree. The more you earn the more you spend. :)

User avatar
Sofia888
Member
Member
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon, 26 May 2008
Location: Singapore

Postby Sofia888 » Sun, 22 Jun 2008 9:49 pm

now tiger is offering even higher pay for their cc. about $1800.
"Never Let Anything Get In the Way Of Your Destiny.."- View From the Top

mehmeh
Regular
Regular
Posts: 89
Joined: Fri, 18 Apr 2008

Postby mehmeh » Sun, 22 Jun 2008 11:39 pm

valeberry wrote:
mehmeh wrote:
balukugirl wrote:i heard TR is paying lesser than MI? true?


yea.. abt 50% or even more.. the basic in TR for normal crew is only $800, yet to include commission and sector allowance.. they came up with an internship thingy for batch 12 and onwards, not sure if still on now.. if so, i heard from my fren tat internship's salary is even lower.. :(


I tot the basic was $500. =X

I went for the interview last Feb08, was told that the basic was $500.

In addition, you hav to fork $5000 for the bond. If you break, they will take the $5000. If you complete 3 yrs bond, $5000 is yours.

Sounds more like investment.

Correct me if im wrong.


Erm.. For my time, which is about 1 yr 9mths ago, my basic was $800, flight allowance $12 per sector for flights 3 hours and below, $20 per sector for flights 3 hours and above.. Perhaps they revised it to $500 already?

I believe the $5000 is like a "deposit" to them, in case you break the bond and yet no money to pay.. So after 3 yrs, they will return it to you..

mehmeh
Regular
Regular
Posts: 89
Joined: Fri, 18 Apr 2008

Postby mehmeh » Sun, 22 Jun 2008 11:41 pm

Sofia888 wrote:now tiger is offering even higher pay for their cc. about $1800.



$1800 is gross salary on average? Don't tell me is the basic salary.. :lol:

User avatar
Sofia888
Member
Member
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon, 26 May 2008
Location: Singapore

Postby Sofia888 » Mon, 23 Jun 2008 1:30 am

mehmeh wrote:
Sofia888 wrote:now tiger is offering even higher pay for their cc. about $1800.



$1800 is gross salary on average? Don't tell me is the basic salary.. :lol:

yep this is gross salary for now, some did say also when you work harder i mean your group had a good sales for that flight you'll earn more than that. i dunno about this just one i know told me that's what they do dunno if it's true or not..and for me it's ok since it's the experience that i want. and money later. :lol:

Best regards!
"Never Let Anything Get In the Way Of Your Destiny.."- View From the Top

renn
Regular
Regular
Posts: 106
Joined: Wed, 19 Mar 2008

Postby renn » Mon, 23 Jun 2008 10:20 pm

may i know when u sent in the resume, muz include the cover letter?

valeberry
Regular
Regular
Posts: 75
Joined: Tue, 26 Feb 2008
Location: Singapore

Postby valeberry » Mon, 23 Jun 2008 11:43 pm

mehmeh wrote:
valeberry wrote:
mehmeh wrote:
balukugirl wrote:i heard TR is paying lesser than MI? true?


yea.. abt 50% or even more.. the basic in TR for normal crew is only $800, yet to include commission and sector allowance.. they came up with an internship thingy for batch 12 and onwards, not sure if still on now.. if so, i heard from my fren tat internship's salary is even lower.. :(


I tot the basic was $500. =X

I went for the interview last Feb08, was told that the basic was $500.

In addition, you hav to fork $5000 for the bond. If you break, they will take the $5000. If you complete 3 yrs bond, $5000 is yours.

Sounds more like investment.

Correct me if im wrong.


Erm.. For my time, which is about 1 yr 9mths ago, my basic was $800, flight allowance $12 per sector for flights 3 hours and below, $20 per sector for flights 3 hours and above.. Perhaps they revised it to $500 already?

I believe the $5000 is like a "deposit" to them, in case you break the bond and yet no money to pay.. So after 3 yrs, they will return it to you..


Wow that's quite alot. But there are always pros and cons.

Budget airlines does not stop over. :(

mehmeh
Regular
Regular
Posts: 89
Joined: Fri, 18 Apr 2008

Postby mehmeh » Tue, 24 Jun 2008 10:43 am

Sofia888 wrote:
mehmeh wrote:
Sofia888 wrote:now tiger is offering even higher pay for their cc. about $1800.



$1800 is gross salary on average? Don't tell me is the basic salary.. :lol:

yep this is gross salary for now, some did say also when you work harder i mean your group had a good sales for that flight you'll earn more than that. i dunno about this just one i know told me that's what they do dunno if it's true or not..and for me it's ok since it's the experience that i want. and money later. :lol:

Best regards!


Hmmm.. I guess all along it's around this range, average of $1800 gross..

Yes, it's true that if you get more sales onboard, your commission will be higher, and therefore your salary will be higher too.. Try to push the F&B and if you can push the DFS, its even better.. You will definately get a little more from DFS.. Cos DFS items are more ex..

If it's the experience you want, and not money, then you should go ahead, cos they environment there is good, less bitchy.. =)

Good Luck on your training and Happy Flying!! :D
Last edited by mehmeh on Tue, 24 Jun 2008 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

mehmeh
Regular
Regular
Posts: 89
Joined: Fri, 18 Apr 2008

Postby mehmeh » Tue, 24 Jun 2008 10:47 am

valeberry wrote:
mehmeh wrote:
valeberry wrote:
mehmeh wrote:
balukugirl wrote:i heard TR is paying lesser than MI? true?


yea.. abt 50% or even more.. the basic in TR for normal crew is only $800, yet to include commission and sector allowance.. they came up with an internship thingy for batch 12 and onwards, not sure if still on now.. if so, i heard from my fren tat internship's salary is even lower.. :(


I tot the basic was $500. =X

I went for the interview last Feb08, was told that the basic was $500.

In addition, you hav to fork $5000 for the bond. If you break, they will take the $5000. If you complete 3 yrs bond, $5000 is yours.

Sounds more like investment.

Correct me if im wrong.


Erm.. For my time, which is about 1 yr 9mths ago, my basic was $800, flight allowance $12 per sector for flights 3 hours and below, $20 per sector for flights 3 hours and above.. Perhaps they revised it to $500 already?

I believe the $5000 is like a "deposit" to them, in case you break the bond and yet no money to pay.. So after 3 yrs, they will return it to you..


Wow that's quite alot. But there are always pros and cons.

Budget airlines does not stop over. :(


You mean the salary alot or the bond? Ya, they don't have any layovers, unless AOG.. :lol: Not only budget airlines, even Silkair doesn't have layovers.. If you wanna tour around the world, perhaps you should try SIA? :)

valeberry
Regular
Regular
Posts: 75
Joined: Tue, 26 Feb 2008
Location: Singapore

Postby valeberry » Tue, 24 Jun 2008 2:57 pm

mehmeh wrote:
valeberry wrote:
mehmeh wrote:
valeberry wrote:
mehmeh wrote:
balukugirl wrote:i heard TR is paying lesser than MI? true?


yea.. abt 50% or even more.. the basic in TR for normal crew is only $800, yet to include commission and sector allowance.. they came up with an internship thingy for batch 12 and onwards, not sure if still on now.. if so, i heard from my fren tat internship's salary is even lower.. :(


I tot the basic was $500. =X

I went for the interview last Feb08, was told that the basic was $500.

In addition, you hav to fork $5000 for the bond. If you break, they will take the $5000. If you complete 3 yrs bond, $5000 is yours.

Sounds more like investment.

Correct me if im wrong.


Erm.. For my time, which is about 1 yr 9mths ago, my basic was $800, flight allowance $12 per sector for flights 3 hours and below, $20 per sector for flights 3 hours and above.. Perhaps they revised it to $500 already?

I believe the $5000 is like a "deposit" to them, in case you break the bond and yet no money to pay.. So after 3 yrs, they will return it to you..


Wow that's quite alot. But there are always pros and cons.

Budget airlines does not stop over. :(


You mean the salary alot or the bond? Ya, they don't have any layovers, unless AOG.. :lol: Not only budget airlines, even Silkair doesn't have layovers.. If you wanna tour around the world, perhaps you should try SIA? :)


Both :)
I tried SIA., 6times already, CMI. I nv make it to the second round thou. :(


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests