Singapore Expats Forum

Tiger Airways Cabin Crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
User avatar
shazcious
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue, 03 Oct 2006
Location: Singapore

Re: TR

Postby shazcious » Sat, 04 Nov 2006 11:18 am

Hopeful guy wrote:
toygirl wrote:Because it's a stepping stone or to gain experience?


...and not only that, its the first time Tiger is recruiting male cabin crew. So we want to be the first batch of male crew. But too bad I have to, again , remain as hopeful. Getting tired sometimes but I have to keep trying. Sometimes I just wonder why bother to get all these excellent service awards when it cannot even clinch me to be shortlisted. Sigh...

Shoohh...Go away negative tots...


Don't fret, Hopeful Guy.

Im sure your turn will come 1 day! :) Just be patient and try again and again ok? Im unsure too cos I haven't got the call but during the interview, Annie asked for my uniform size and wheather Im available immediately.

So Im a bit confused right now. :?

User avatar
Hopeful guy
Regular
Regular
Posts: 55
Joined: Fri, 16 Sep 2005

Re: TR

Postby Hopeful guy » Sat, 04 Nov 2006 1:12 pm

shazcious wrote:
Hopeful guy wrote:
toygirl wrote:Because it's a stepping stone or to gain experience?


...and not only that, its the first time Tiger is recruiting male cabin crew. So we want to be the first batch of male crew. But too bad I have to, again , remain as hopeful. Getting tired sometimes but I have to keep trying. Sometimes I just wonder why bother to get all these excellent service awards when it cannot even clinch me to be shortlisted. Sigh...

Shoohh...Go away negative tots...


Don't fret, Hopeful Guy.

Im sure your turn will come 1 day! :) Just be patient and try again and again ok? Im unsure too cos I haven't got the call but during the interview, Annie asked for my uniform size and wheather Im available immediately.

So Im a bit confused right now. :?


I am confuse too... right from the beginning of TR interview. I sent my resume and application form thru email the first day the application was opened but did not receive any invitation from them while a fren of mine who sent thru post receive their invitation after a week. I email to them and they said yes they receive mine and said they also contacted me the previous week to tell me about the interview venue. I said no i didnt receive any call. They said ok, just come down for the interview on that Sat. When I came and report to the reception that day, they couldnt find my application. They said they saw mine but donno where it is. They have misplaced it and made me hand written another application form.

When my turn was up for the interview, the friendly interviewers ask me why my application form not complete. So I told them everything and they apologize for the mistake. I said its ok bec i have another set that i brought with me, just in case but in a diskette. The interviewer told me to ask the reception for help to print it out later. The interview went well and they're so excited when they knew I had received the Excellent Service Awards and stuff and ask when I can start work. I told them 1 week notice needed if its before Dec. They said then its fine bec they are starting training on 30 Nov...They scribbled on my resume and told me my awards are a plus point for me and they will contact me in a weeks time.
The reception guy help to print for me and attached all my resume and necessary doc and deliver it to the interviewer and told me not to worry.

False hope..I never receive any call since. My fren receive a call from them and said they are starting training on the 18Nov and if he's available...since then I heard a lot of various training dates...not sure which is which.

Oh Well, back to the drawing board.
Last edited by Hopeful guy on Sat, 04 Nov 2006 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

toygirl
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 221
Joined: Wed, 26 Apr 2006

Postby toygirl » Sat, 04 Nov 2006 1:16 pm

Hopeful Guy - Contact Annie to check. (annie@tigerairways.com) All I can say.

User avatar
queenie-me
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 649
Joined: Wed, 04 May 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby queenie-me » Sat, 04 Nov 2006 9:23 pm

toygirl wrote:Hopeful Guy - Contact Annie to check. (annie@tigerairways.com) All I can say.


yup. contact her. im sure they did a mistake there.

User avatar
Hopeful guy
Regular
Regular
Posts: 55
Joined: Fri, 16 Sep 2005

TR

Postby Hopeful guy » Sat, 04 Nov 2006 11:42 pm

queenie-me wrote:
toygirl wrote:Hopeful Guy - Contact Annie to check. (annie@tigerairways.com) All I can say.


yup. contact her. im sure they did a mistake there.



Actually I am quite hesitant to call to ask...so paiseh. Yet again, the other half of me have a feeling that they may have overlooked, like the first time when they misplaced my application and yet said that they contacted me but actually i did not receive any call from them. Shld I call reddot or Tiger then? The one that did the interview and misplaced my application is TR's contracted agency, reddot.

toygirl
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 221
Joined: Wed, 26 Apr 2006

Postby toygirl » Sat, 04 Nov 2006 11:59 pm

I think email RedDot & Annie to check with her if you feel uncomfortable speaking to them. Better to just find out and get some closure and retry again. First time TR outsourcing the HR function of CC recruitment to them. If you are not successful, try again. We've all been there. SQ is here as well, UA (if you're really desperate and don't mind a hell time).

Keep trying!!!!

User avatar
Hopeful guy
Regular
Regular
Posts: 55
Joined: Fri, 16 Sep 2005

TR

Postby Hopeful guy » Sun, 05 Nov 2006 12:35 am

toygirl wrote:I think email RedDot & Annie to check with her if you feel uncomfortable speaking to them. Better to just find out and get some closure and retry again. First time TR outsourcing the HR function of CC recruitment to them. If you are not successful, try again. We've all been there. SQ is here as well, UA (if you're really desperate and don't mind a hell time).

Keep trying!!!!


Thanks, Toygirl. U mentioned UA is hell of a time? How come??

toygirl
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 221
Joined: Wed, 26 Apr 2006

Postby toygirl » Sun, 05 Nov 2006 1:47 pm

Read my post in SIA form to find out why. Thank god that airline is bondless. 10% have run so far.

User avatar
Hopeful guy
Regular
Regular
Posts: 55
Joined: Fri, 16 Sep 2005

TR

Postby Hopeful guy » Sun, 05 Nov 2006 3:16 pm

toygirl wrote:Read my post in SIA form to find out why. Thank god that airline is bondless. 10% have run so far.


Hi Toygirl,

You are very informative indeed. Do you know if Tiger will still be calling ppl for shortlisting these few days or thats it...they already shortlisted. I will email Annie and reddot but just need some re-assurance if you know any.

I have read the thread on UA. Yeah, I concurred that the last intake, they took in many experienced crew or former crew that they have layed off. I have a friend in United and he's thinking of leaving too. But I didnt know the Airline is that bad. For me, kinda desperate actually but now they need A levels and prefered those that can speak Korean or Cantonese. There goes my chance...again.

toygirl
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 221
Joined: Wed, 26 Apr 2006

Postby toygirl » Sun, 05 Nov 2006 3:27 pm

All I can suggest is to wait for their reply. Annie does reply to mails. Basically they call at one go by nature. It is likely they have shortlisted what they want. But it is better for you to just check because it seems your application was screwed up?

Let's hope for good news. Otherwise, you'll have to wait for TR or Jetstar again. Keep trying!

User avatar
singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 635
Joined: Mon, 21 Nov 2005
Location: Singapore / United Arab Emirates

Re: TR

Postby singaporegrrl » Sun, 05 Nov 2006 8:11 pm

Hopeful guy wrote:
toygirl wrote:I think email RedDot & Annie to check with her if you feel uncomfortable speaking to them. Better to just find out and get some closure and retry again. First time TR outsourcing the HR function of CC recruitment to them. If you are not successful, try again. We've all been there. SQ is here as well, UA (if you're really desperate and don't mind a hell time).

Keep trying!!!!


Thanks, Toygirl. U mentioned UA is hell of a time? How come??


I found this somewhere online. You might want to have a look at it.

[i]"I thought I would give you an update on my wife. She cancelled the UAL interview after talking a lot with her friend currently in class at UAL. Her friend was her roommate at American. Her friend is only at UAL for the medical benefits. Her husband is a diabetic and self-employed. They have a very hard time getting coverage for him. Anyway, she said her UAL experience is pretty depressing. As a matter of fact, she’s thinking about applying with Continental or waiting for AA to open up in the future and hopefully going back there. She said the company moral is awful. She said her treatment isn’t that great by the other flight attendants on her practice flights and their treatment of the flying customers is unbelievable. All she hears is bitching and moaning about the cut in pay and benefits. They also told her that she might as well plan on being on domestic reserve for the rest of her life and that there will never be a need for her as a Mandarin speaker since they already have “thousands”
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?

piNk APpLe
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri, 27 Oct 2006

Postby piNk APpLe » Mon, 06 Nov 2006 4:57 pm

toygirl wrote:Hopeful Guy - Contact Annie to check. (annie@tigerairways.com) All I can say.


hi, toygirl,
r u from tiger? how come u got her email?

piNk APpLe
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri, 27 Oct 2006

Postby piNk APpLe » Mon, 06 Nov 2006 5:02 pm

btw, anyone heard of tis rumor dat SQ dun take in ex-crews from other airlines like Tiger, Jetstar??

User avatar
ladyR
Regular
Regular
Posts: 68
Joined: Mon, 06 Nov 2006

Postby ladyR » Mon, 06 Nov 2006 5:20 pm

hi... might sound stupid...
me a newbie juz check out tis link... :oops:
i understand tat tiger looking 4 male cabin crew? is tat true? :shock:
but wen i check e wedsite dey onli put female applicant..
coz my bf is interested in tis line so juz wana find out more 4 him :wink:
i'm lovin it! (c'est tout che que j'aime)

maro
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon, 06 Nov 2006

Tiger Airways Uniform

Postby maro » Mon, 06 Nov 2006 5:28 pm

Hi ....

Does anyone knw how Tiger Airway Cabin Crew uniform?


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests