Singapore Expats Forum

Tiger Airways Cabin Crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
mint_leaf
Regular
Regular
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed, 09 Jun 2010

Postby mint_leaf » Wed, 10 Jul 2013 4:34 pm

Any idea when will they start calling those who are are successful ?

jumperdude
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri, 05 Jul 2013

Postby jumperdude » Wed, 10 Jul 2013 8:49 pm

jengga wrote:
mistyng85 wrote:how was the interview yesterday? anyone cleared all stages?


yup i did.

stage 1 : Aptitude test
test ur english, maths and creative thinking skills. if you didnt pass this stage, i suggest u read more books, do more puzzles and practice p6 maths. (not trying to be sarcastic but really.)

Stage 2: Group test
they place u in a grp of 10. you need to do some stuffs written on a paper, either act, game or discuss. my advice is to show either you are a team player or a good leader. i was just being my crazy self, but not 100% crazy. be helpful and ask questions if you dont understand. all these while, remain ur posture and just keep smiling and laughing.

stage 3: 2-1 interview
i messed up this part. they ask basically, why i wanna join tigerair as i was way too qualified. then they asked why i dont wanna join sia. my should be ans is: it has always been a dream of my to fly, be a cabin crew, it does not really matter which company i assigned to but what matters is that i can align myself with growth and opportunity to give my best in every situation and that company will have an opportunity to soar even higher due to my service.
what i ans: i feel that the cabin crews from sia is very high class that they only group among themselves and not able to relate to different types of people.
so they questioned me: so you are saying tigerair is not a high class airline?
how i cover up my ass: sorry, that is not what i meant. i meant is that sia crews are very snobbish and think that they are very atas. i dont wish to be that, i would like to be with an airline that everyone from every walk of life can relate to. i dont wish to be snobbish and unapproachable.

afterwards, my mind just went berserk. i cannot think properly, i cannot even remember what were the questions i wanted to ask. lastly, they said ok thank u. i asked if they wanted to hear me read, (coz they give us some reading materials to read out loud for the interview) the guy said, No. No need. he was very cold, as though i was wasting their time :cry:
so i thank them. and walk off.

not feeling so hopeful for the results. :cry: :cry: :cry:


Hi Jengga, I missed the interview. Did they share about their pay scale and benefits?

jengga
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri, 05 Jul 2013

Postby jengga » Thu, 11 Jul 2013 9:57 am

Nope, sorry.

Tintinash
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu, 18 Jul 2013

Interview on 30th July

Postby Tintinash » Thu, 18 Jul 2013 5:57 pm

Have anyone receive their email invitation for an interview this 30th July?

leekumkee
Member
Member
Posts: 49
Joined: Sat, 13 Oct 2012

Postby leekumkee » Thu, 25 Jul 2013 11:24 am

Venue : Max Atria, Singapore Expo, Booths 30 and 31

Date : 25, 26 and 27July 2013

Time : 10am to 5:30pm (25 and 26 July 2013), 10am to 3pm (27 July 2013)

In addition, there will be a talk given by cabin crew management on 25 July 2013 from 3:20pm to 3:50pm.

Do download and complete the attached application form and bring along the following documents to the open house.

Completed application form
2 x Passport-sized photos
Photocopy of I/C
Photocopy of passport
Photocopy of educational certificates
Original educational certificates (for verification)

leekumkee
Member
Member
Posts: 49
Joined: Sat, 13 Oct 2012

Postby leekumkee » Thu, 25 Jul 2013 6:06 pm

Normal flights
Junior Flight Attendant - FA
Flight Attendant 2 - FA2 (Leading)
Senior Flight Attendant - Chief/Crew In-Charge
Last edited by leekumkee on Sat, 10 Aug 2013 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

chocolatecraves
Regular
Regular
Posts: 53
Joined: Sun, 19 Oct 2008
Location: Singapore

Postby chocolatecraves » Fri, 26 Jul 2013 8:56 pm

leekumkee wrote:Venue : Max Atria, Singapore Expo, Booths 30 and 31

Date : 25, 26 and 27July 2013

Time : 10am to 5:30pm (25 and 26 July 2013), 10am to 3pm (27 July 2013)

In addition, there will be a talk given by cabin crew management on 25 July 2013 from 3:20pm to 3:50pm.

Do download and complete the attached application form and bring along the following documents to the open house.

Completed application form
2 x Passport-sized photos
Photocopy of I/C
Photocopy of passport
Photocopy of educational certificates
Original educational certificates (for verification)



Hi, is this a recruitment drive? Will all stages be done in a day? Also, will there be uniform fitting?

Mairahsam
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed, 09 Jan 2013
Location: Singapore

Postby Mairahsam » Sat, 03 Aug 2013 5:59 am

Hello guys. Anyone of you went for the interview on 30th July 2013? Have they inform you if you're selected?

chocolatecraves
Regular
Regular
Posts: 53
Joined: Sun, 19 Oct 2008
Location: Singapore

Postby chocolatecraves » Sat, 03 Aug 2013 6:26 pm

Mairahsam wrote:Hello guys. Anyone of you went for the interview on 30th July 2013? Have they inform you if you're selected?


I got an email from them the following Monday and gone for a body check up already.

Mairahsam
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed, 09 Jan 2013
Location: Singapore

Postby Mairahsam » Sat, 03 Aug 2013 6:35 pm

chocolatecraves wrote:
Mairahsam wrote:Hello guys. Anyone of you went for the interview on 30th July 2013? Have they inform you if you're selected?


I got an email from them the following Monday and gone for a body check up already.


Oh okay. You went for the interview at which date?

chocolatecraves
Regular
Regular
Posts: 53
Joined: Sun, 19 Oct 2008
Location: Singapore

Postby chocolatecraves » Sat, 03 Aug 2013 9:05 pm

Mairahsam wrote:
chocolatecraves wrote:
Mairahsam wrote:Hello guys. Anyone of you went for the interview on 30th July 2013? Have they inform you if you're selected?


I got an email from them the following Monday and gone for a body check up already.


Oh okay. You went for the interview at which date?


I went on the 30th

leekumkee
Member
Member
Posts: 49
Joined: Sat, 13 Oct 2012

Postby leekumkee » Wed, 14 Aug 2013 10:48 pm

hello everyone! we’re looking for warm, fun-loving individuals with a passion for flying. visit http://bit.ly/11Zfl5R to find out how to join us as our cabin crew.

venue: max atria, singapore expo, opal rooms 101-104
date: 17 aug 2013
time: 930am to 2pm

see you

Happy Nutrition
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat, 10 Sep 2011

Postby Happy Nutrition » Sat, 17 Aug 2013 5:31 pm

i just went to the interview on Aug 17th 2013 !

yeah ! it was fun and know a few friends..

The interview process is as stated above...thread..in stages.

1) for the amplitute test... there are total 20 question..
first 5 is about english language.. to choose the correct tense and grammar.
next 5 is about is about IQ test.. its as about pattern and shapes..
after that is about Mathematic calculation... u cannot use a calculator.. its more on mental calculation.. but u can use the back paper to draft out your calculation.
Last 5 is also about aircraft situation.. quite common sense. ... about flight timing calculation landing ..

Stage 2) if u passed stage 1, the interviewer will read out your name and give u a Nametag... then u go the to next room and look for your SEATING...
try to be friendly and talk to the person next to you. Always smile... and be proactive.

They will give a paper with 4 questions... work as a team... read up and CHOOSE 1 QUESTION to present.. (NOT ALL 4)

Remember .. this test is about your leadership and team player action.
DO NOT ACT SMART and work alone.. or take control of everything..
share with your team mate.. talk smart and loud enough for the interviewer to access you.. give others a chance to speak too.. do not try to over perform.
and NEVER KEEP QUIET ... this is your last chance to speak up ... if not u will be chopped.

without knowing... the presentation has eneded... they just observed you when u are interacting with your teammate... there is no more individual presentation..

The interviewer will leave the rooms for 5 mins to discuss who will proceed to stage 3... those who do not make it... are probably .. not prepared... or not speaking up..

Now is time to go for LUNCH.

Stage 3, is according to your number TAG when u register..

when u are in the room... there will be 2 interviewer talking to u.. this is the final time to sell yourself.. they have read thru your application form so they knows where u come from..and they will ask u questions..

this is how they ask me...

1) why do u want to be a cabin crew.
2) Why choose jetstar.
3) do u have problems talking to people
and some questions related to your current work..

after that they will ask u to read a announcement according to your language.. English + chinese or English + malay.

After that .. they let us know by email...
This is the procedures... :) hope it can helps u to prepare yourself for the next interview..

Never go UNPREPARED...

Dress well... Shirt and pants for guys. and officewear for ladies.
For those who are overweight.. please lose weight before you go..
I think cabin crew need to be within proper BMI range.


I am waiting for their emails replies too..

:)

bingodino
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed, 06 Feb 2013

Postby bingodino » Sat, 17 Aug 2013 8:32 pm

Happy Nutrition wrote:i just went to the interview on Aug 17th 2013 !

yeah ! it was fun and know a few friends..

The interview process is as stated above...thread..in stages.

1) for the amplitute test... there are total 20 question..
first 5 is about english language.. to choose the correct tense and grammar.
next 5 is about is about IQ test.. its as about pattern and shapes..
after that is about Mathematic calculation... u cannot use a calculator.. its more on mental calculation.. but u can use the back paper to draft out your calculation.
Last 5 is also about aircraft situation.. quite common sense. ... about flight timing calculation landing ..

Stage 2) if u passed stage 1, the interviewer will read out your name and give u a Nametag... then u go the to next room and look for your SEATING...
try to be friendly and talk to the person next to you. Always smile... and be proactive.

They will give a paper with 4 questions... work as a team... read up and CHOOSE 1 QUESTION to present.. (NOT ALL 4)

Remember .. this test is about your leadership and team player action.
DO NOT ACT SMART and work alone.. or take control of everything..
share with your team mate.. talk smart and loud enough for the interviewer to access you.. give others a chance to speak too.. do not try to over perform.
and NEVER KEEP QUIET ... this is your last chance to speak up ... if not u will be chopped.

without knowing... the presentation has eneded... they just observed you when u are interacting with your teammate... there is no more individual presentation..

The interviewer will leave the rooms for 5 mins to discuss who will proceed to stage 3... those who do not make it... are probably .. not prepared... or not speaking up..

Now is time to go for LUNCH.

Stage 3, is according to your number TAG when u register..

when u are in the room... there will be 2 interviewer talking to u.. this is the final time to sell yourself.. they have read thru your application form so they knows where u come from..and they will ask u questions..

this is how they ask me...

1) why do u want to be a cabin crew.
2) Why choose jetstar.
3) do u have problems talking to people
and some questions related to your current work..

after that they will ask u to read a announcement according to your language.. English + chinese or English + malay.

After that .. they let us know by email...
This is the procedures... :) hope it can helps u to prepare yourself for the next interview..

Never go UNPREPARED...

Dress well... Shirt and pants for guys. and officewear for ladies.
For those who are overweight.. please lose weight before you go..
I think cabin crew need to be within proper BMI range.


I am waiting for their emails replies too..

:)


I was in the morning session too and told to come back after lunch for the third round! Haha! Waiting for my email too! Gd luck! :)

bingodino
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed, 06 Feb 2013

Postby bingodino » Wed, 21 Aug 2013 7:14 pm

I just received the email.


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest