Singapore Expats

Tiger Airways Cabin Crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
linatan87

Post by linatan87 » Tue, 25 Nov 2008 8:31 pm

i duno cos in the interview the lady din say anytink abt tat..
prob u can call up and ask them...cos the admin lady is quite nice.. :)

pinksapphire

Post by pinksapphire » Tue, 25 Nov 2008 9:35 pm

desijoey wrote:I'm still wondering if I should go for the interview oz I dun know if there's the $5000 upfront deposit thingy in place still...

Anyone to enlighten me?Thanks!
hi!..hmm..if u are Really Really keen on being a cabin crew..take this as a stepping stone for u to "try" it out.. Yes!..u have to pay the 5k upfront..and 1 year bond(if u go yourself)..but 3 years bond(if you went through an agent)..my friend is working there..she mentioned that the pay is 1200..no flying allowance, no transport allowance etc.. But she's still very young, and has since been enjoying it, cos not many commitments yet..hehe!..it all depends on individual..if u are looking at the "money" side, then Tiger is definitely not for u..But if you really have the passion and would like to explore and have a taste of being an air crew, then just go for it.. : )
don't worry too much ok..
-a new journey..a better phase of life-

pinksapphire

Post by pinksapphire » Tue, 25 Nov 2008 9:38 pm

double e wrote:if i'm not wrong, u will be able to get about 1500 inclusive of flying allowance. during training time, you will be able to get about $300 if i'm not wrong. additionally, a crew will be able to get free tickets to travel and only need to pay the tax. training wise is about 6 weeks to 2 months. correct me if i'm wrong.
Pay will be 1200 in total, no flying allowance, no transport allowance etc..have to pay $5000 upfront, upon completing your 1 year bond, they will return the money back to you. : )
-a new journey..a better phase of life-

desijoey
Chatter
Chatter

Post by desijoey » Tue, 25 Nov 2008 10:57 pm

pinksapphire wrote:
desijoey wrote:I'm still wondering if I should go for the interview oz I dun know if there's the $5000 upfront deposit thingy in place still...

Anyone to enlighten me?Thanks!
hi!..hmm..if u are Really Really keen on being a cabin crew..take this as a stepping stone for u to "try" it out.. Yes!..u have to pay the 5k upfront..and 1 year bond(if u go yourself)..but 3 years bond(if you went through an agent)..my friend is working there..she mentioned that the pay is 1200..no flying allowance, no transport allowance etc.. But she's still very young, and has since been enjoying it, cos not many commitments yet..hehe!..it all depends on individual..if u are looking at the "money" side, then Tiger is definitely not for u..But if you really have the passion and would like to explore and have a taste of being an air crew, then just go for it.. : )
don't worry too much ok..
Hi pinksapphire!Thanks so much for your info!Wow where to get the 5k for upfront?oh dear...maybe i shouldn't go for the interview...:(

disaster

Post by disaster » Wed, 26 Nov 2008 9:57 am

Yesterday night I send my resume to tiger airway and this morning I actually received a call from them but the sad thing was I'm unable to attend the training held on January as I'm only available on the next year of April which is after I graduate from Poly. So, there goes my luck.

leviosacho
Regular
Regular

Post by leviosacho » Wed, 26 Nov 2008 2:05 pm

desijoey wrote: Hi pinksapphire!Thanks so much for your info!Wow where to get the 5k for upfront?oh dear...maybe i shouldn't go for the interview...:(
Yeah, that's right. I wont be trying Tiger then. All the best for those waiting for the result of their interviews. :D

Fatty
Regular
Regular

Post by Fatty » Wed, 26 Nov 2008 6:52 pm

hi anybody can enlighten me? which email address did u guys send to? can i have the email address? :)

linatan87

Post by linatan87 » Wed, 26 Nov 2008 6:55 pm

Fatty wrote:hi anybody can enlighten me? which email address did u guys send to? can i have the email address? :)
[email protected]
visit their website..details are there..

babie_gal

Post by babie_gal » Thu, 27 Nov 2008 7:39 pm

may i know when do u all went for the interview??
this mth???
thx...
(>_<)""~~~~~~

linatan87

Post by linatan87 » Thu, 27 Nov 2008 7:58 pm

i went for the interview on last wed...but i've oso went for an interview previously in oct...

Fatty
Regular
Regular

Post by Fatty » Thu, 27 Nov 2008 11:40 pm

i have mit all the requirement bt no call received frm them :(

disaster

Post by disaster » Fri, 28 Nov 2008 9:17 am

linatan87 wrote:i went for the interview on last wed...but i've oso went for an interview previously in oct...
Hi linda,
so how does the interview go about?
mind sharing with us your experience?
:D

Yous Sincerely
Michelle (:

linatan87

Post by linatan87 » Fri, 28 Nov 2008 10:25 am

ya sure.. :D
hMm basically when u reach their office...u will fill up the application form then u'll be given a slip of paper which is a flight announcement to read...cos u will have to read out to the interviewer later...

then you will be interviewed in a batch of ard 3-5 girls (the interview i went in oct was batch of 5....then 3 interviewers.....the interview i went last wed was batch of 3 and only 1 interviewer)...

then u will have to do a self intro...then she will ask you to read out the flight announcement then followed by she will ask u qns..eg: why do u choose to be a cabin crew? .... :)

disaster

Post by disaster » Fri, 28 Nov 2008 10:30 am

Thanks for sharing.
Is the flight announcement easy to read? And is it long?
Anyway, out of curiosity, why will you choose to work at tiger airway?
have you tired other airline as well?
By the way, Nice meeting you lady (:

Regards,
Michelle :D

linatan87

Post by linatan87 » Fri, 28 Nov 2008 11:29 am

nice meeting you too michelle.. :D
hmm theres different flight announcement...I think the one i got is the shortest one..is landing announcement...not that difficult..
hmm tiger is the 1st airline that I've tried cos i heard that wkin with tiger airways is quite fun..
I've tried JAL oso..went for medical check and am waiting to see if i can pass the medical..hope i can pass lo..cos i was told by doc tat i've curved spine..