Singapore Expats Forum

to leave or not to leave...

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

weiwei

to leave or not to leave...

Postby weiwei » Fri, 19 Aug 2005 4:12 pm

Hey all,

I was working in as a project manager for web before I came over here.
Had a switch of industry so now working for a local bank.
The pay is very good for my 4 years experience. But boss sucks big time with his OTT attitude and the job nature is boring and dry.

Recently i have been offered a job in a media house. The pressure is gonna be killing but atleast its interesting. However there is gonna be a pay cut from my current pay.

Should i leave???

gia

Postby gia » Tue, 23 Aug 2005 8:31 pm

Hi,

what bank job r u in anyway? Shld have warned u to stay away from local banks

gremlin

Postby gremlin » Wed, 24 Aug 2005 11:21 am

Dear WeiWei,

Is this what you want? Do you think you will stay long (at least 2 years) in the new company?

If the current job is okay, especially the pay is good, I suggest you stay on. Try to have a better relationship with your boss if possible, otherwise, it's only a job. But if this job gives you insomnia, headache, healthy problems (like me), then LEAVE!

I am still looking for a job in administration/customer service. My current pay is low, colleagues talk and behave as if they are in a wet market BUT my lady boss is nice.

Think thrice before making a decision. At the end of the day, you have to be happy in what you do.

God bless you!
Life is short, live the fullest!

wegburn

to leave or not to leave

Postby wegburn » Mon, 29 Aug 2005 10:57 am

hi,

in a similar dilemma here, pay is ok, my boss is very cool but colleagues talk and it seems that me being caucasian has something to do with that. Anyone experienced on that matter?
Gremlin, how far would you let it come before you can not take it anymore, would being open help (i feel that is already what caused a culture clash)?
On an S-pass can i just leave a company before i have a new job?
tx!