Singapore Expats Forum

Newbies/UNsing meeting up this Friday night

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
NC

Newbies/UNsing meeting up this Friday night

Postby NC » Thu, 18 Aug 2005 10:19 am

Hi all!

We're a group of 20-30 somethings who have been meeting up regularly over the past few months for a drink or two on the weekends. We get quite a few new people coming along each week, it's a great way to meet people especially if you're new in Singapore! Details:

Venue: Molly Malone's Irish Pub

Address: 42 Circular Road

Tel: 6536 2029

Time: 9pm til late

How to get there: Raffles Place or Clarke Quay MRT (the pub is about 350 meters from the stations)

Please PM me if you're interested, I'll give you my number so you can find us when you get there:)

Cheers,
NC

Chris_Austria
Regular
Regular

Postby Chris_Austria » Thu, 18 Aug 2005 2:48 pm

Friday? Why Friday? Seems like I can't make it this time, have an operation to get my wisdom tooth removed. After the operation, I will definetely get antibiotics and painkillers, which are not that good to consume with alcohol. In addition, I am not allowed to talk much after the OP. Many of you will now say: "What a relief!", but to me, that's gonna be very very hard... :lol:
"We're the middle children of history, men. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War is a spiritual war. Our Great Depression is our lives."

Postby Guest » Thu, 18 Aug 2005 2:52 pm

In that case, you should definitely come - you'll need a distraction after the operation! I'll take good painkillers with me, I'll even join you for a non-alcoholic drink:) You won't be too swollen on Friday, but that side of your face will grow over the weekend and reach its peak on Sunday. Take my word for it:P

See ya,
NC

Chris_Austria
Regular
Regular

Postby Chris_Austria » Thu, 18 Aug 2005 3:04 pm

Will I be able to chew my illegal chewing gum? That's all I need to know :lol: :lol:...

ok, I will come... Molly Malone is a very nice place, I'm sure we will have fun. see you there, my favourite dentist...
"We're the middle children of history, men. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War is a spiritual war. Our Great Depression is our lives."

Matney
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Matney » Thu, 18 Aug 2005 10:03 pm

Chew to your heart's desire. Gum isn't illegal, selling it here is. Although some chemist do sell it here. Life just isn't the same without gum. :wink:

Postby Guest » Thu, 18 Aug 2005 10:48 pm

Chemists in Singapore are allowed to sell gum for "therapeutic purposes", such as for patients with dry mouth.

timtams

Postby timtams » Fri, 19 Aug 2005 2:06 pm

Do you get locals joining these gatherings? :)

Postby Guest » Fri, 19 Aug 2005 2:35 pm

Not many, unfortunately...Locals are ALWAYS welcome! :)

timtams

Postby timtams » Fri, 19 Aug 2005 4:30 pm

I'm local & would love to join, but I'm unsure if it would be odd? I chanced upon this forum and I'm definitely interested in making some new friends, from other parts of the world.

SCA

Postby SCA » Fri, 19 Aug 2005 6:09 pm

timtams wrote:I'm local & would love to join, but I'm unsure if it would be odd? I chanced upon this forum and I'm definitely interested in making some new friends, from other parts of the world.

Hi Timtams,

We are a very friendly and open group of friends. All are welcome! Come along!

Regards,

SCA

timtams
Regular
Regular

Postby timtams » Fri, 19 Aug 2005 7:28 pm

Hmm....now I'm really interested, but how do I know who's who? Do I just walk in? :?:

Chris_Austria
Regular
Regular

Postby Chris_Austria » Sat, 20 Aug 2005 5:12 pm

once again, we had a great newbie meeting... new faces as well as the Unsing-pros, and I think that everyone of us had a great time.

Thank u very much for the medical advice, Narisha... u saved my friday. BTW I'm feeling much better today.

and about my marriage yesterday: Hi Meganne, hope u r doing fine, don't rememeber the 10th commandment :lol: see ya next time :kiss: :lol:

NC

Postby NC » Sat, 20 Aug 2005 6:08 pm

My dearest Chris_Austria,

These nights out just wouldn't be the same without you! Thanks for coming out even with a semi-swollen face (nobody else noticed, really :P). Wish I had some happy gas for you...maybe next time:) Yep, we all had a fantastic time, looking forward to the next one!

Cheers,
NC

IrishinSing

Friendliest people I have met in ages

Postby IrishinSing » Sun, 21 Aug 2005 12:15 am

I had a great time, felt right at home from the start.

The odd thing was, when a new face showed up, someone would turn to them and say "Hi I am so and so, welcome". Really cool.

I was glad to see that UNsing was not exclusionary to the locals. I had though it meant 'non-Singaporeans only'. There were some really nice locals too.

Looking forward to seeing you guys again

Noel

vidia
Regular
Regular

Thanks NC and V

Postby vidia » Sun, 21 Aug 2005 1:04 pm

Yes, thanks to NC and V for organizing a fun nite and glad I finally got to meet y'all!

V.