Singapore Expats Forum

Why do you start a family?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

The Truth

Why do you start a family?

Postby The Truth » Wed, 17 Aug 2005 2:32 am

Having a family is no big FCUK!!!

Why do you start a family? Becos' everyone does so? It gives u pleasure to have kids??? It makes your life complete ??? It makes your life meaningful???

Maybe you want to watch your children grow up, maybe become a Rhode scholar or somebody to make you feel proud???? Some people stated that CHILDREN PROVIDE COMPANY WHEN THEY ARE LONELY???? Isn't it a bit selfish for this last category of reason. AND PLEASE DON"T HOPE that your children will definitely support you financially in your twilight years.

When kids grow up, there are a thousand and one permutations of what they will become...... they have their own lives to lead... they rebel...siblings rivalry etc...

Families and siblings are known to fight tooth and nail for money and whatever inheritance money their parents have bequeath to them. Some of these cases ended up in court.People are known to DISOWN their own blood and flesh...to the extent of changing their names.

DO YOU NEED COMPANIONSHIPS IN ORDER TO LIVE A PROPER LIFE??? DO YOU NEED RELATIONSHIPS TO SPICE UP YOUR LIFE???? IF YOUR ANSWER IS YES, YOU ARE A PATHETIC HUMAN BEING.

We come to this world INDIVIDUALLY and we SHALL GO OUT INDIVIDUALLY.

Make no mistake...

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Wed, 17 Aug 2005 7:57 am

Look at it this way: If it weren't for two people deciding to have a family, you would not be here to spout your blather.

We may come in individually and go out individually but in between is that which makes life worth living... relationship... of every kind. I do hope you discover this fact one day. You sound like you are in much pain.

beenhere10years
Chatter
Chatter

Postby beenhere10years » Wed, 17 Aug 2005 8:15 am

'Truth',

Your use of bolding and capitalization is, indeed impressive. The content however is as obvious and self-evident as the chip on your shoulder.

Except one point.

Having a family is the biggest, best job you'll ever have.

I hope you are conversant in contraception, you are not ready.
When you go in for a job interview, I think a good thing to ask is if they ever press charges.

-- jack handy

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Wed, 17 Aug 2005 8:31 am

beenhere10years wrote:It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

-- jack handy

So CRUEL!

beenhere10years
Chatter
Chatter

Postby beenhere10years » Wed, 17 Aug 2005 8:40 am

Yes -- Deep Thoughts by Jack Handy are sometimes cruel and always funny.
When you go in for a job interview, I think a good thing to ask is if they ever press charges.

-- jack handy

sved

Postby sved » Wed, 17 Aug 2005 9:07 am

DO YOU NEED COMPANIONSHIPS IN ORDER TO LIVE A PROPER LIFE??? DO YOU NEED RELATIONSHIPS TO SPICE UP YOUR LIFE???? IF YOUR ANSWER IS YES, YOU ARE A PATHETIC HUMAN BEING.

So I guess that you are a non-pathetic human being which know how to live on his own.
Forgive my english, still learning ...

Alfalfa
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Alfalfa » Wed, 17 Aug 2005 9:35 am

Starting a family is great only when you are so sure that you are indeed ready for it...

Else don't.. so for the original poster... starting a family is obviously out of the question...

For the rest of us with kids... kids bring joy and laughter and sometimes headaches to our lives... but hey ours is a colorful life isn't it??? :P
We'll get along fine as soon as you realize I'm Good.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 17 Aug 2005 9:36 am

If I reply to "this" post am I displaying "Trollish Behaviour" ? Oh well....

It sound like "The Truth" might be having family problems and therefore is spitting out his/her frustrations here. It's okay Truth, always remember, you might have just been a mistake yourself. :oops:

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Postby Wind In My Hair » Wed, 17 Aug 2005 10:06 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:If I reply to "this" post am I displaying "Trollish Behaviour" ? Oh well....

hey sms, did someone accuse you of that and is that why you've been lying low? sigh... so much unnecessary tension here sometimes. well you can't please everybody.

Guest, sometimes NOT having a family is a mistake as well. natural law dictates that when two people love each other and have sexual relations, a family is the natural result. only lately have contraceptives and whatnot made it a more conscious choice.

JayV

Postby JayV » Wed, 17 Aug 2005 3:51 pm

Having a family, especially with children and all the responsibilities and genuine sacrifice that come along, really makes life more complete.

Llama

Re: Why do you start a family?

Postby Llama » Wed, 17 Aug 2005 4:02 pm

The Truth wrote:Having a family is no big FCUK!!!

Why do you start a family? Becos' everyone does so? It gives u pleasure to have kids??? It makes your life complete ??? It makes your life meaningful???

Maybe you want to watch your children grow up, maybe become a Rhode scholar or somebody to make you feel proud???? Some people stated that CHILDREN PROVIDE COMPANY WHEN THEY ARE LONELY???? Isn't it a bit selfish for this last category of reason. AND PLEASE DON"T HOPE that your children will definitely support you financially in your twilight years.

When kids grow up, there are a thousand and one permutations of what they will become...... they have their own lives to lead... they rebel...siblings rivalry etc...

Families and siblings are known to fight tooth and nail for money and whatever inheritance money their parents have bequeath to them. Some of these cases ended up in court.People are known to DISOWN their own blood and flesh...to the extent of changing their names.

We come to this world INDIVIDUALLY and we SHALL GO OUT INDIVIDUALLY.

Make no mistake...

As SEagle said, you must be in pain. What has happened for you to be so angry? Talk to us - help us understand.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 17 Aug 2005 4:31 pm

WIMH,

Nah, just been darn busy the last couple of days and haven't been able to visit as much. That and only a few topics of interest currently.

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Postby Wind In My Hair » Thu, 18 Aug 2005 1:05 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:WIMH,

Nah, just been darn busy the last couple of days and haven't been able to visit as much. That and only a few topics of interest currently.

:cry:

Postby Guest » Thu, 18 Aug 2005 5:54 pm

Never intended to start a family. The baby was a surprise and husband still had a year left to his Ph.d. But having a baby changed my life and taught me to be a bigger and better person.

Depending on how you raise your child, you can either have a friend for life or someone who hates your guts forever.