Singapore Expats

"Best" Citizenship for Tax and Employment Pass Purposes

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
Post Reply
User avatar
Strong Eagle
Posts: 11666
Joined: Sat, 10 Jul 2004 12:13 am
Answers: 10
Location: Off The Red Dot

"Best" Citizenship for Tax and Employment Pass Pur

Post by Strong Eagle » Sat, 10 Jul 2004 12:20 am

I'll be moving to Singapore soon. I don't think I'll have any EP problems. However, I do have a choice of nationality.

I currently reside in the United States, and hold passports/citizenship as American, Canadian, and British Citizen (right of abode).

I've read that Singapore has tax relief agreements with Canada and the United Kingdom to avoid double taxation.

I'd appreciate in general comments regarding my situation, and if anyone knows of an attorney or HR type who can answer the tax questions, I'd appreciate it.

Thank you.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Last post

Return to “Relocating, Moving to Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 22 guests