Singapore Expats Forum

Cats eat the strangest things

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Alfalfa
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Alfalfa » Tue, 16 Aug 2005 5:33 pm

Oh gosh... what a warm welcome indeed.. :wink:

Our warm welcome at Chicos and Charlies will definitely be warm I suppose....not with the SHOWERS!!!!

What else do people feed their pets now...

Out with it you people????
We'll get along fine as soon as you realize I'm Good.

samantha
Chatter
Chatter

Postby samantha » Tue, 16 Aug 2005 8:05 pm

I used to feed my pet rabbit mentos or polo sweets... haha... Eric... I think the pig would rather appreciate a cold welcome instead!! :wink:
I'm so stupid that I surprise myself sometimes...

Linna_

Postby Linna_ » Wed, 17 Aug 2005 8:40 am

My cat eat something wrong and suddenly die, 6 years stay with me in SG, was my family member

Alfalfa
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Alfalfa » Wed, 17 Aug 2005 9:13 am

Sorry to hear about the pet...but what was the "something wrong" that he/ she ate... couldn't over indulgence on ear wax cud it? lol

But honestly what is it Linna??
We'll get along fine as soon as you realize I'm Good.

Postby Guest » Wed, 17 Aug 2005 9:50 am

my friends cat, after having kittens, cleaned the kittens and ate the remnants of the embrionic sac that was still on them. That grossed me out hearing this, but I found out was apparently normal behaviour for cats.

beenhere10years
Chatter
Chatter

Postby beenhere10years » Wed, 17 Aug 2005 9:53 am

Actually for all mammmals, including humans I'm afraid. Wonder if "The Truth' knew this when he spouted off about why people start families :wink:
When you go in for a job interview, I think a good thing to ask is if they ever press charges.

-- jack handy

Baron Greenback
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Baron Greenback » Wed, 17 Aug 2005 12:53 pm

Very true, aparantly you can ask to keep the placenta & some people enjoy cooking it for dinner later. I have to say not my cup of tea.

Oh we also used to have an Irish Wolfhound (massive dog, with his front paws on my shoulders he would be about 7ft tall) he enjoyed Guiness (but that could be the Irish in him).
"An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools."
Hemingway

seraphim
Reporter
Reporter

Postby seraphim » Wed, 17 Aug 2005 1:14 pm

One of my cats is a durian freak! He goes beserk at just a whiff of the stuff (I admit I do too, but for completely different reasons :? ). I have now introduced a complete durian ban in the house to stop this worrying behavior.
And the sultans - yeah the sultans
they play creole...Creole, baby

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Wed, 17 Aug 2005 3:39 pm

Yuck@durian!

Baron, are you sure you're mentally fit to even own a pet? :P
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

Plavt
Director
Director

Postby Plavt » Wed, 17 Aug 2005 3:42 pm

Baron Greenback wrote:Very true, aparantly you can ask to keep the placenta & some people enjoy cooking it for dinner later. I have to say not my cup of tea.

Oh we also used to have an Irish Wolfhound (massive dog, with his front paws on my shoulders he would be about 7ft tall) he enjoyed Guiness (but that could be the Irish in him).

Hope you aren't going to tell us he walked backwards and wagged his head ha hah ha!!!

Baron Greenback
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Baron Greenback » Wed, 17 Aug 2005 3:48 pm

Sapphire - glad to see I have got your trust on this one, if you ever go on holiday & need someone to look after your pet....erm....proably best not to give it to me :)

Although on the durian thing, I found I hated the smell for years & then last year I realised that it started to smell sweet to me & when I tasted it I really liked it. I guess it has an aquired taste (or smell).

Platv - this dog was so big you just got out of it's way no matter which way it was going. :shock:
"An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools."

Hemingway

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Wed, 17 Aug 2005 7:02 pm

Lol, only pet I have is my hubby. I'm pretty sure he won't take too kindly to your ear wax! :shock:
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

Shabu-Shabu

Postby Shabu-Shabu » Fri, 19 Aug 2005 12:43 am

At least your cat eats earwax.
My dog eats her own poo. Hell, when I bring her for walks she cleans the entire park of other dogs' poo and cat's ones too and comes back licking her chops like she's tasted the most delicious of delicacies.

I don't know why she does it. I feed her vitamins, I give her supplements, I feed her 2 huge meals in a day.
And I even bought that poo spray, and what a sight, whenever we go out its a race between woman and dog to get to the poo, me to spray her to devour.
It's such a disgusting habit. I don't know why she does it. She has a backyard full of kong toys stuffed with delicious treats, and nice squeaky toys - i don't know where she finds time to think about the poo. Yuck.
Meowing out,
- Shabu-Shabu -

samantha
Chatter
Chatter

Postby samantha » Fri, 19 Aug 2005 10:23 am

Eww.. Eww..Eww

But than again, rabbits eat their own poo too?! :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm so stupid that I surprise myself sometimes...

Baron Greenback
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Baron Greenback » Fri, 19 Aug 2005 10:37 am

That is very gross. But there are people out there who drink their own urine. And there is a fetish where people like to be dumped on (bit like solid water sports) - wasn't Hitler into it? or was that just propaganda?

Hemingway