Singapore Expats Forum

Cats eat the strangest things

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

briceloh
Reporter
Reporter

Postby briceloh » Mon, 15 Aug 2005 8:41 pm

samantha wrote:Ohhh.. Its fine, it just cements hairballs together, so they can be passed out more easily... rather than going through that violent, noisy regurgitation process... :wink:

never see that before....ermmm Baron Greenback? did u feed yur cat what u dug out from yur nose too? :shock: :oops: :shock:
IBMing

samantha
Chatter
Chatter

Postby samantha » Mon, 15 Aug 2005 8:45 pm

EEEWWWW... You ARE really getting gross... :twisted:
I'm so stupid that I surprise myself sometimes...

briceloh
Reporter
Reporter

Postby briceloh » Mon, 15 Aug 2005 8:47 pm

samantha wrote:EEEWWWW... You ARE really getting gross... :twisted:

not gross lah, just curious since he dug his ear and showed the cat. and the cat ate it. i just wonder if he did the same thing with his nose thingy.... :oops:
IBMing

samantha
Chatter
Chatter

Postby samantha » Mon, 15 Aug 2005 8:50 pm

Than you might as well ask if he washes his hands after he scatches his butt before touching his cat...
I'm so stupid that I surprise myself sometimes...

briceloh
Reporter
Reporter

Postby briceloh » Mon, 15 Aug 2005 8:53 pm

samantha wrote:Than you might as well ask if he washes his hands after he scatches his butt before touching his cat...

ok, we better discuss this somewhere else too. before we get out of hand. 8)
IBMing

Plavt

Postby Plavt » Mon, 15 Aug 2005 8:55 pm

Well Baron Greenback looks like you have the edge over me. You would save yourself a fortune on those earplugs (without the cat of course) I have had to buy from the chemist over the years due to number of noisy B*s I have had living next to me in recent years. Hope your cat doesn't eat those too Ha Ha!

Baron Greenback
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Baron Greenback » Tue, 16 Aug 2005 12:27 pm

Thanks for the welcomes.

Eric - sadly I am not a Yorkshireman, however I did go to school in N. Yorks for 7 years.

Plavt - sorry to hear you have such a bad time sleeping - I hate my beauty sleep being interrupted.

SMS - cheers matey, good to be here

Samantha - Scratching my butt & touching my cat... I am fascinated by the way your mind works. To be honest I would be more grossed out the other way around (scratching my arse after touching the cat, not the cat touching me after it touched his arse erm.. anyway), although the cat may not feel the same way.

My original intention to this thread was to find out what other wierd things people's pets eat, not touching my arse :)

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Tue, 16 Aug 2005 2:11 pm

I don't have a pet, but Baron, your cat may soon need a physical checkup and maybe a mental checkup as well! BTW, if your cat loves all that wax you generate on a daily basis (I'm still trying to get over this info!), you might consider selling it as a snack for cats!
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

Alfalfa
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Alfalfa » Tue, 16 Aug 2005 3:46 pm

What luck???.. I stumbled on this thread.. whilst enjoying skippy's crunchy peanut butter...yikes.. it got me thinking for a while before i had the next spoon.. lol..

Oh good lord.. yeah sapphires right .. the cat must be sickening or sickened by now.. Have him checked please....

:shock:
We'll get along fine as soon as you realize I'm Good.

Baron Greenback
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Baron Greenback » Tue, 16 Aug 2005 4:29 pm

OK I don't have to tap my ears every night to collect the gallons of wax that I then force feed to my cat like a goose being primed for it's liver. I am talking about a tiny amount, would not even cover a drawing pin head (thumb tack).

However I do believe that it may be a breakthrough in the feline gastronomic industry. Identify the flavour & use it in cat food - "10 out of 10 cats prefer my earwax!"

(my cat is in perrrfect health, but he does thank you all for your concern)
"An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools."
Hemingway

Alfalfa
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Alfalfa » Tue, 16 Aug 2005 4:33 pm

BG,

You are funny.

A breakthrough indeed you may want to contact the cat food manufacturers.. hahhaha. Strike a deal of some sort.. worst of they may even ask for some of those ear wax for experiements on the cats...

Best of luck ..

Cheers!
We'll get along fine as soon as you realize I'm Good.

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Tue, 16 Aug 2005 4:35 pm

Lol, poor Alfa, this thread does have an ewww factor.

Baron, if your cat thanks us, that itself is a cause for worry. Haven't ever come across a cat so polite! How did the thought of feeding your cat ear wax even occur to you??
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Postby dot dot dot » Tue, 16 Aug 2005 5:18 pm

bit hesitative to tell this story, but ok, here it is.

About pets being gross (or their 'masters'...)

When I was a child, every year we were to go on holidays to Mayrhofen, a small town in Austria, beautiful place (back then, now it is torremolinos in the mountains I heard, Chris to confirm...). Anyway.

We always stayed in this hotel, the son of the owner was called Hans and he and I got along pretty well (we both shared the frustration and pain of having to wear the infamous "Lederhosen", a shorts made of rough leather, quite uncomfortable).

Now he had a couple of pigs as pets, they were in a wooden place in the fields, outside the back of the hotel.

Every day we went to feed the pigs and another part of the daily ritual was washing the piggies. So we had a hose and then we would put on the watertab as powerfull as possible (cold water from the Austrian Alp mountains) and start spraying the pigs. The fun was in the screaming, as they made an awful hell lot of noise, when being sprayed with the hose.

We had fun, no clue what those pigs were feeling...

After a while we found out another game to be added to entertain the "schweine" / pigs: Hansl started peeing on the pigs, which they somehow seemed to like better than the cold water from the hose (less power and a bit more luke warm, I guess).
Since I localize quite fast to cultures being exposed to me, I took out the little willy and joined the ritual, the pigs had fun, we cried tears from enjoyment.

I suddenly didnot feel the frustration from wearing the Lederhosen any longer, I enjoyed our holidays and I was a happy kid. So much, that when we left for home, Hansl came with a present: a small piggie / 'schweinchen'...

Mum 'n dad were a bit reluctant, but since I was quite dominaring at that age already, we ended up driving home with my little piggie next to me on the backseat of the car. Next day we went to a local shop for pets and bought some clothings, a wooden house and a leash for my piggie.

After that we came home and I took piggie to the garage, where we put the newly bought wooden house, I made him go inside and watched him for a while, looking whether he liked it. he was sniffin' around, but seemed a bit restless, not used to his new environment.
It just popped up in my mind, we needed to get piggie feel at home, so what else to do but give him an introduction in what I believed he would looove to receive: a shower...

I unzipped, went over to the wooden house, saw him rising his snout and gave it a go: I showered the pig, but instead of him liking the treatment he started screaming like crazy.

Next thing I knew, mum 'n dad came running, piggie was furious and I was just standing there and finished the shower. Mum 'n dad were watching with their mouth open, in full disgrace.

The piggie was sent to the farm in town the next day, I was having house arrest for three days.

I am sorry to share this nonsense with you, but hope you all understand I was 10 years old and just trying to give a pig a 'warm welcome'...

Eric

beenhere10years
Chatter
Chatter

Postby beenhere10years » Tue, 16 Aug 2005 5:23 pm

I thought the Baron's original post was peculiar, but Eric this one really does take the cake. I fear what other stories this thread may dredge up...
When you go in for a job interview, I think a good thing to ask is if they ever press charges.

-- jack handy

briceloh
Reporter
Reporter

Postby briceloh » Tue, 16 Aug 2005 5:27 pm

ok, this is going over to a new thread. Eric can u pls start it with topic like "What i fed my pet" ? :lol:
IBMing