Singapore Expats Forum

WNDC Aug 17th, will be at ...

Weekly meetup of WNDC - Wednesday Night Drinking Club
Neill

Postby Neill » Tue, 16 Aug 2005 4:01 pm

For those about to freeze we salute you ...

Eskibar is ok to satisfy curiosity, but quickly loses its novelty value when you have a couple of drinks at sub zero and then discover there's only one unisex toilet. I think it was designed by someone who likes those extreme torture gameshows

Ice Palace is a bar within a bar, so might be a better option. It's in Forbidden City, the Indochine at Clarke Quay. Imagine a very large empty fish tank, which is ice cold. Then imagine spending 15 dollars to drink a vodka shot in the fish tank. You've just imagined ice palace ;-) As it's a bar within a bar though, those who want to freeze their body parts can do so, while the others can stand outside in the relative warmth of Indochine and pull funny faces.

By the way, if anyone really wants to freeze they can come to my office where the aircon is permanently set to -20

See you all tomorrow

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Re: wndc

Postby dot dot dot » Tue, 16 Aug 2005 4:34 pm

sapphire wrote:
MusicFever wrote:sapphire, u r back? Hmmmm, think I will get out now...

Yes sweetie, I'm back. You showing up for the WNDC this wednesday? If so, then I'll try and be there for an hour or so.
Of course, disregard what the pest from Netherlands posted above. He's just jealous. :P

In Germany they have a saying: "Was sich liebt, das neckt sich".

Chris can translate for you if you want :mrgreen:

See ya at the WNDC then (you, musicfever and chris)

Eric

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Postby dot dot dot » Tue, 16 Aug 2005 4:35 pm

Neill wrote:For those about to freeze we salute you ...

Eskibar is ok to satisfy curiosity, but quickly loses its novelty value when you have a couple of drinks at sub zero and then discover there's only one unisex toilet. I think it was designed by someone who likes those extreme torture gameshows

Ice Palace is a bar within a bar, so might be a better option. It's in Forbidden City, the Indochine at Clarke Quay. Imagine a very large empty fish tank, which is ice cold. Then imagine spending 15 dollars to drink a vodka shot in the fish tank. You've just imagined ice palace ;-) As it's a bar within a bar though, those who want to freeze their body parts can do so, while the others can stand outside in the relative warmth of Indochine and pull funny faces.

By the way, if anyone really wants to freeze they can come to my office where the aircon is permanently set to -20

See you all tomorrow

Gee Neill....

you took away my appetite for some vodkashots over there now.... I thought it would be nice ambience there, but seems to be like putting my head in the freezer at home and cheer on myself... :cry:

Eric

Neill

Postby Neill » Tue, 16 Aug 2005 6:40 pm

I almost feel guilty Eric... And guess what, the tooth fairy doesn't exist ;-)

All I was trying to convey was that it's good for a visit, but not worth staying more than a couple of shots.

WNDCer

Re: Newbie question

Postby WNDCer » Wed, 17 Aug 2005 1:33 pm

Dougster wrote:how will I know you guys?

What d'ya think? Maybe it's time for us WNDC regulars to start sporting a mini beer mug collar pin or something ? ? ? :wink:

:lol:

Taptap

Re: WNDC Aug 17th, will be at ...

Postby Taptap » Thu, 14 Sep 2006 12:35 am

just curious to find out abt dead poet, hmm u like the poet:carpe diem..cos i love the poet too..so just like to ask abt u more :wink: :o)
cos i m at nowhere, no destination yet time still goes on..and on..moving yet motionless...hmm contradicting