Singapore Expats Forum

Pick-up lines

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Your LAPTOP :)

Re: Pick-up lines

Postby Your LAPTOP :) » Tue, 16 Aug 2005 1:02 am

Hi Daphne

When I asked you about your connection speed, I was inquiring about how fast it would take for you to sleep with me but seeing as you did not understand, I then spoke slowly. But anyway, I am glad that we finally connected :) You are ok, cute in a skinny sort of way, surprisingly agile but not really my type. No hard feelings, my dear .... I am not ready to marry yet but thanks nevertheless for your proposal...I mean that from the bottom of my heart. Pls know that I do not consider you a one night stand...far from it....you are extremely passionate for such a petite little thing. I really really enjoyed you. Thank you...we can still be friends, right, even if we cannot be lovers. Anyway, pls call me whenever you need anything... I am usually free on Wednesday and Thursday nights

Wind In My Hair wrote:i often visit this site while having a drink in a wireless surf zone. one day this guy came up to me and asked what my connection speed was and of course i had no idea and tried to check various icons on my notebook and while i was doing that we struck up a conversation and to cut a long story short he asked me out on a date. btw he was caucasian.

just curious what pick-up lines you guys use, and can a girl tell from your pick-up line whether you have good intentions or not? by good intentions i mean you genuinely want to get to know the girl as a friend and possibly more in future. by not, i mean you just want a one-night stand or fling.

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Re: Pick-up lines

Postby Wind In My Hair » Tue, 16 Aug 2005 7:48 am

Your LAPTOP :) wrote:Hi Daphne

When I asked you about your connection speed, I was inquiring about how fast it would take for you to sleep with me but seeing as you did not understand, I then spoke slowly. But anyway, I am glad that we finally connected :) You are ok, cute in a skinny sort of way, surprisingly agile but not really my type. No hard feelings, my dear .... I am not ready to marry yet but thanks nevertheless for your proposal...I mean that from the bottom of my heart. Pls know that I do not consider you a one night stand...far from it....you are extremely passionate for such a petite little thing. I really really enjoyed you. Thank you...we can still be friends, right, even if we cannot be lovers. Anyway, pls call me whenever you need anything... I am usually free on Wednesday and Thursday nights

Wind In My Hair wrote:i often visit this site while having a drink in a wireless surf zone. one day this guy came up to me and asked what my connection speed was and of course i had no idea and tried to check various icons on my notebook and while i was doing that we struck up a conversation and to cut a long story short he asked me out on a date. btw he was caucasian.

just curious what pick-up lines you guys use, and can a girl tell from your pick-up line whether you have good intentions or not? by good intentions i mean you genuinely want to get to know the girl as a friend and possibly more in future. by not, i mean you just want a one-night stand or fling.

i did wonder when i made that post whether you visited this site. anyway like i said in an earlier post that's one good thing about the internet... it helps shortcut the dating process sometimes and saves us both a lot of time cos you have been busy trying to get me in your bed and i would have been busy trying to stay out of it :wink:

i'm trying to remember... you hint that i made a proposal to you? must be a language or some other miscommunication but charming as you are, i'm not in the habit of proposing marriage to total strangers, believe it or not. i enjoyed our chat too, by the way. i don't usually hang around like i told you, so maybe see you on this board instead. :D
Last edited by Wind In My Hair on Wed, 17 Aug 2005 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

superedge
Chatter
Chatter

Postby superedge » Tue, 16 Aug 2005 9:55 am

Wind In My Hair wrote:
local lass wrote:
Eric from the Netherlands wrote:
anyway, eric you may like the saying below. actually i kinda like it too and am going to change my signature to this:

you gotta dance like nobody's watching
dream like you will live forever
live like you're going to die tomorrow
and love like it's never going to hurt

what a coincidence...That's a very well know line from the southern.
FYI, this sentence during many years was given to Cecilia Meireles, another poet. (if Eric knows Drummond, he probably heard from Cecilia as well) Then she spoke up and said it was actually from a mythical pillgrim called Father Mustafa, from unknown origin. (try a search in google by Padre Mustafa)

-Edge

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Postby Wind In My Hair » Tue, 16 Aug 2005 10:13 am

superedge wrote:
Wind In My Hair wrote:
local lass wrote:
anyway, eric you may like the saying below. actually i kinda like it too and am going to change my signature to this:

FYI, this sentence during many years was given to Cecilia Meireles, another poet. (if Eric knows Drummond, he probably heard from Cecilia as well) Then she spoke up and said it was actually from a mythical pillgrim called Father Mustafa, from unknown origin. (try a search in google by Padre Mustafa)

-Edge

and i had the source as Meme Grifsters, whoever she is. so now i have a messy looking signature... sigh. well i still like the quote so it stays. 8)

superedge
Chatter
Chatter

Postby superedge » Tue, 16 Aug 2005 10:28 am

Wind In My Hair wrote:
superedge wrote:
Wind In My Hair wrote:
local lass wrote:

-Edge

and i had the source as Meme Grifsters, whoever she is. so now i have a messy looking signature... sigh. well i still like the quote so it stays. 8)

Tha't a very pop and nice text indeed.

Great poets/writers never are a doubtful source of their own texts...can you imagine you using a text/tagline and saying that's probably from:
"Drummond/Dickens/Saramago"??? Nooo way :)

so, please take Cecilia Meireles off the list :) that text is from a mythical author, probably something very popular in some place and that was said from mouth-to-mouth... just use the well-known 'unknown author' ;)

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Postby Wind In My Hair » Tue, 16 Aug 2005 10:42 am

superedge wrote:Great poets/writers never are a doubtful source of their own texts...can you imagine you using a text/tagline and saying that's probably from:

so, please take Cecilia Meireles off the list :) that text is from a mythical author, probably something very popular in some place and that was said from mouth-to-mouth... just use the well-known 'unknown author' ;)

i'm not a great poet or writer (yet!), neither am i a doubtful source, and that is not my own text... but i'm always willing to take good advice and have done as you suggested. :D

local lass

Postby local lass » Tue, 16 Aug 2005 11:37 am

superedge wrote:
Indeed, asians are very much conservative. Latins are much more 'user-friendly' if we can say that...and in fact, IMHO men here treat ladies as they were nothing (my perception and that just bothers me)... the guys here just go out with other guys, the women are pretty much submissive and the guys talk to women as if they were other guys, and not softly. I am still not used to it...

latin men style put women in the skies, heaven or some sort of place *above* them. It is important to have a very very pleased woman, because this can tell A LOT about you for the society and your friends...and for other girls.

myself...I am breaking some of the barriers here at the office, for example. every morning I try to say something nice to the ladies here, sometimes I bring a flower to some of them, sometimes I learn a little verse from some pop romantic chinese song and I sing to them...little things, you know.

and they are very much open to me ritgh now. we talk a lot about many things, they show me their pictures, wedding album, their mp3s at their desks. I even now go out to lunch with them not more often than with the guys...:) anyway, I just LOVE the women behavior and presence. And you know what...they are changing too. I can tell.

Latin guys are 'machistas'? yes, we are! but differently from the 'local asian machismo' we always bring a rose in our mouth ;) and I do not need to enroll a downpayment of a brand new BMW or Mercedez for the next 10 years to get confident for that.

Superedge, you should consider offering consultancy services to SDU. I can already how catchy the marketing slogan will be – How to win a girl’s heart in 10 days without a BMW ;)

local lass

Postby local lass » Tue, 16 Aug 2005 11:55 am

WIMH and Guest @ 12:08am, the Western and local guys are two totally different breeds when it comes to dating, as another poster pointed out. The Westerners date a lot more and a lot more casually. Some local women don’t realise this, they expect them to be as earnest, they get burnt once or twice … and then they learn to be more careful.

Yup, I agree about not thinking too much and enjoying the flirting. Even if the guy has the most sincere intentions, things may not work out because of other reasons like incompatibility etc. It takes time to get a know a person and his intentions… so take it slow, don’t let anyone rush you into anything you’re not ready to get into… and enjoy :D

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Postby Wind In My Hair » Tue, 16 Aug 2005 1:23 pm

local lass wrote:WIMH and Guest @ 12:08am, the Western and local guys are two totally different breeds when it comes to dating, as another poster pointed out. The Westerners date a lot more and a lot more casually. Some local women don’t realise this, they expect them to be as earnest, they get burnt once or twice … and then they learn to be more careful.

Yup, I agree about not thinking too much and enjoying the flirting. Even if the guy has the most sincere intentions, things may not work out because of other reasons like incompatibility etc. It takes time to get a know a person and his intentions… so take it slow, don’t let anyone rush you into anything you’re not ready to get into… and enjoy :D

thanks, lass. your point about dating differences is generally true, i agree. having said that, i have met westerners who are more serious in their dating approach, though they were also a fair bit older so maybe age makes a difference.

as for enjoying it... i think the 'date' has already happened in Guest's mind, and from his post it was apparently quite a passionate one! :wink: gosh the places i've gone and things i've done just by sitting and sipping coffee... :D

superedge
Chatter
Chatter

Postby superedge » Tue, 16 Aug 2005 1:32 pm

Wind In My Hair wrote:
superedge wrote:Great poets/writers never are a doubtful source of their own texts...can you imagine you using a text/tagline and saying that's probably from:

i'm not a great poet or writer (yet!), neither am i a doubtful source, and that is not my own text... but i'm always willing to take good advice and have done as you suggested. :D

Sorry, my bad...I was not talking about you or your texts but reffering to Drummond, Dickens and Saramago :)

Anyway, we all are living with this purpose, aren't we? learning everyday to become a better person. :)

kisses ;)

superedge
Chatter
Chatter

Postby superedge » Tue, 16 Aug 2005 1:35 pm

local lass wrote:
Superedge, you should consider offering consultancy services to SDU. I can already how catchy the marketing slogan will be – How to win a girl’s heart in 10 days without a BMW ;)

Great idea. and a hard challenge since I will be the one without the BWM :)

I liked the slogan. is in my MSN already :)

local lass

Postby local lass » Tue, 16 Aug 2005 3:07 pm

Wind In My Hair wrote:
thanks, lass. your point about dating differences is generally true, i agree. having said that, i have met westerners who are more serious in their dating approach, though they were also a fair bit older so maybe age makes a difference.

as for enjoying it... i think the 'date' has already happened in Guest's mind, and from his post it was apparently quite a passionate one! :wink: gosh the places i've gone and things i've done just by sitting and sipping coffee... :D

Oh I wasn’t referring to the “date”

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Postby Wind In My Hair » Tue, 16 Aug 2005 3:49 pm

local lass wrote:Just talking about flirtation in general :D

agreed, there's a lot to be said for flirting, whether in a casual or serious relationship. in my last serious relationship my ex and i flirted outrageously all the time with each other... it was great and i highly recommend it!

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Postby dot dot dot » Tue, 16 Aug 2005 5:41 pm

not so much to add at this stage, but just wanted to confirm that this is a nice thread....

thanks all of you, good and pleasant info to be shared here!

Eric

andre_

Postby andre_ » Wed, 17 Aug 2005 8:38 am

I always wonder why so many average looking local girls sit in NY cafe with laptops? They are fishing guys there, i see...