Singapore Expats Forum

hair weaving/transplant

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.

archiej99

hair weaving/transplant

Postby archiej99 » Sat, 13 Aug 2005 11:38 am

hi

i was just wondering if any1 knows anything about hair weaving or transplant n where 1 can get it done..?
there are a lot of adds in the newspapers but i wonder which one is good..
need it for my dad.. he's comin to singapore soon!

thanx

medictbp
Regular
Regular

Hmmm

Postby medictbp » Sat, 13 Aug 2005 10:05 pm

Hello archiej99,

Those advertisements you see on the newspapers, is not hair transplants. But hair loss solution, like Yunnam (think of the options given by a Sliming Center & a Plastic Surgery Clinic - totally different).

There're only 2 doctors who do hair restoration in Singapore (that i know of), Dr. Eileen Tan of Changi General Hospital & a indian doctor practicing in East Shore Hospital (I forgot his name).

If surgical hair restoration is intended, Thailand is a better choice; The procedure cost range from SGD2,090 to SGD4,180 depending on the no. of hair grafts needed.

if you're interested to know more, including the procedure & pre-ops care etc. drop me a note.

Sincerest regards,
medictbp@hotmail.com

Postby Guest » Sun, 14 Aug 2005 12:22 am

anyone had hair transplant done by Dr Woods in sydney australia?

can share your experience?

locally the hair transplant is the strip method, which is no good!!

Postby Guest » Sun, 14 Aug 2005 12:22 am

i am regretting the hair transplent i did with that indian doctor you mentioned. :((((

medictbp
Regular
Regular

Postby medictbp » Sun, 14 Aug 2005 2:08 am

Anonymous wrote:i am regretting the hair transplent i did with that indian doctor you mentioned. :((((

Kekeke, when i wrote an article for hair transplantation for thailand; i was commenting on the lack of skills in Singaporean surgeons. I was told by the Thai surgeons, that it will not be nice to write that.

Few surgeons can do that procedure in Singapore, i never heard of good experience with hair transplant in SG; any1 wants to share a positive story of hair transplantation in SG?

medictbp
Regular
Regular

Postby medictbp » Sun, 14 Aug 2005 2:12 am

Anonymous wrote:locally the hair transplant is the strip method, which is no good!!

Because it's the simplest, and fastest; the reason for un-satisfying results could be that - it is not common for an area containing enough hair to be immediately adjacent to a completely bald area.

Strip method, is better restricted to injury cases.

Postby Guest » Fri, 02 Sep 2005 7:47 am

medictbp wrote:
Anonymous wrote:locally the hair transplant is the strip method, which is no good!!

Because it's the simplest, and fastest; the reason for un-satisfying results could be that - it is not common for an area containing enough hair to be immediately adjacent to a completely bald area.

Strip method, is better restricted to injury cases.

Does it mean the Thai surgeons don't use the strip method? Which method do they use? Follicular unit extraction??

katlheenlim

Strip Method VS FUE

Postby katlheenlim » Fri, 21 Dec 2012 5:39 pm

With FUE, the follicular units (naturally occurring hair groups in twos or threes) are removed using a metal instrument with sharp edges which has a hollow middle. Unlike FUT, where a strip of scalp is removed before each hair graft is extracted through a high-powered microscope, FUE has a more conservative approach resulting to less healing and a faster recovery time.

I believe that there are now surgeons in Singapore who are using FUE technique for better result. Check Google. :wink: