Singapore Expats Forum

BA

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

what's wrong there?

BA

Postby what's wrong there? » Fri, 12 Aug 2005 5:49 pm

BA collapsed in Heathrow, again UK minority issue? I seen on TV most this low paid workers is minority.
Why UK teach everyone in the world about interracial harmony? Then UK citizens blow themselves in public or start unofficial strike which going to collapse life in country. Something wrong in UK with interracial harmony.

Postby Guest » Fri, 12 Aug 2005 6:03 pm

strike start by US company, americans everywhere :evil:

ksl
Governor
Governor

Re: BA

Postby ksl » Fri, 12 Aug 2005 7:12 pm

what's wrong there? wrote:BA collapsed in Heathrow, again UK minority issue? I seen on TV most this low paid workers is minority.
Why UK teach everyone in the world about interracial harmony? Then UK citizens blow themselves in public or start unofficial strike which going to collapse life in country. Something wrong in UK with interracial harmony.

I think it's quite obvious that people are also low paid workers, when comparing to Europe. The Thatcher years may have destroyed the unions, but people still stand together for their rights, People do not like to be abused or exploited.

That is why they are striking, 600 people have been fired, to save money and it's so easy for large companies to abuse their employees. Why not learn something in Singapore, then you may not have to work 12 hours a day, 6 days a week. While your employer gets filthy rich at your expence. who are the suckers really?

Plavt

Re: BA

Postby Plavt » Fri, 12 Aug 2005 8:27 pm

what's wrong there? wrote:BA collapsed in Heathrow, again UK minority issue? I seen on TV most this low paid workers is minority.

I don't think the race or minorities issue has much if anything to do with this issue. The fact is many catering workers here are poorly paid irrespective of their race or gender. The UK unfortunately has become obsessed with cost and wants to employ people for the lowest possible wage. For this reason you can find many jobs such as those in call centres, computer technical support, insurance, the Post Office to name a few outsourced to India. I believe this is also happening in Singapore and America.
Last edited by Plavt on Sat, 13 Aug 2005 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Postby dot dot dot » Fri, 12 Aug 2005 11:51 pm

what's wrong there, I think there something wrong in your thinking. Like plavt and ksl are saying, it has nothing to do with being a minority. In UK there is no such thing as salary based on race or ethnicity.

Eric

Return to “General Discussions”