Singapore Expats Forum

If there was ONE thing you could change about Singapore...

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

riversandlakes
Reporter
Reporter

Postby riversandlakes » Mon, 15 Aug 2005 5:03 pm

What can it be honestly used for?

briceloh wrote:
riversandlakes wrote:How is the rearmirror used to lookup skirts?!

there was once some old idiots put some mirrors on lower part of their cab's meter.
Goatboy will always cherish his former goatgirl.
But the world is full of fluffier ones.

sved

Postby sved » Mon, 15 Aug 2005 6:19 pm

Find money which has just fall under the seats ?
Forgive my english, still learning ...

briceloh
Reporter
Reporter

Postby briceloh » Mon, 15 Aug 2005 6:36 pm

riversandlakes wrote:What can it be honestly used for?

i have no idea. obviously they tried to use it to look up skirts of ladies. at that time when it happened and came out on the news, me and my friends laughed our heads off. :roll: caused we thought only boys in primary schs do that (using mirrors to look up girl's skirt). :roll:
IBMing

stefania
Chatter
Chatter

Postby stefania » Mon, 15 Aug 2005 10:20 pm

Speaking of looking up chick skirts, is it true that the stairs at CityLink (you know those transparent green ones somewhere in CityLink) got closed because whenever women went up in skirts, people passing by could look up and get an eyeful? I don't have any concrete information on this, just something i heard, though it makes sense. :P

And Wind In My Hair, love your avatar! :D I've been staring at it for 10 minutes to see if the dancer would do any other moves. :oops: Only wish it was in a see-able colour. ;)

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Postby Wind In My Hair » Mon, 15 Aug 2005 10:36 pm

stefania wrote:And Wind In My Hair, love your avatar! :D I've been staring at it for 10 minutes to see if the dancer would do any other moves. :oops: Only wish it was in a see-able colour. ;)

thanks stephania. i wish it were easier to see too but found it like that and am not tech-savvy enough to know how to change the colour of an animated gif. when i surf from a wireless zone at starbucks somewhere she dances at a much faster speed, and that looks really weird. anyway glad you like it!

sydgirl

Postby sydgirl » Mon, 15 Aug 2005 10:42 pm

Has anyone noticed that 50% of taxi drivers try to extend your journey by a good 10 minutes. Rotten sods! I have a very good sense of direction and told a taxi driver last week that he didn't need to use a particular expressway which was an extra 10 minutes away instead of just using a main road we were already on. He grumbled and snarled and kept looking at me in the revision mirror because I had caught him out. I realise that in a lot of countries this can happen but for goodness sake this country is so damn small do they really think they can take us the "long" way without us passengers realising.

Another thing... I think they are possibly the worst drivers I have seen. My husband tells me India is worse but that is another story. For a country that is so very controlling of the population I really wish it would extend to eliminating these shocking taxi drivers off the roads.