Singapore Expats Forum

Looking for expat friends

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
Simon Blueyes

Postby Simon Blueyes » Thu, 11 Aug 2005 5:33 pm

8)

Hi

I'm tall, blond and blue-eyed

How about you?

guruvishwanath
Chatter
Chatter

Postby guruvishwanath » Thu, 11 Aug 2005 5:53 pm

Someday there will be a software available which can be used to find neandrethal trolls like Simon Blue eyes and shoot a 210V electricity zap up their butt! Moron!

Right start for you. Check out the gatherings labelled WNDC that happens every wednesday. You can meet plenty of people. There's also a bunch of people going to indulge in sharing cooking tips (under the header Intnl Makan). You can try going to the Chicos and Charlies outing on 19th. Like this there are plenty of happenings.

You want to meet people from everywhere. Singapore is the place. I suspect we have a few martians and klingons living here but that's the beauty of it. You will meet people from everywhere.

Cheers and welcome!

blondetoo

Postby blondetoo » Thu, 11 Aug 2005 8:15 pm

Again all indians around, this forum sucks. If you like meet some real expat go to pub, here only pretending to be expat

newgirl
Regular
Regular

Postby newgirl » Thu, 11 Aug 2005 10:23 pm

blondetoo wrote:Again all indians around, this forum sucks. If you like meet some real expat go to pub, here only pretending to be expat

Hey- you missed out your full name- StupidandBlondetoo!

What's your definition of an expat? I'd be interested in hearing...

To to OP- ignore the Blondetoo poster- there are lots of genuine people on this forum. Sorry, I am not usually this aggressive, but the intolerance on this board really pisses me off sometimes.

If you are interested in meeting people, why not try some of the events suggested? It can be a bit daunting to turn up and meet people you have met over the internet, however, you will find most people are in a similar position to yourself.

I moved over here on my own, which was difficult, but have met lots of people through various events organised here. I am 31, female and from the UK. If my rant has not scared you - drop me a pm. There's a gang of us who meet regularly and we are always looking to meet new people.

Cheers

Michelle X

Postby Michelle X » Fri, 12 Aug 2005 8:41 am

if it sucks y do you post something then? 8) :lol:

Postby Guest » Fri, 12 Aug 2005 8:49 am

blondetoo wrote:Again all indians around, this forum sucks. If you like meet some real expat go to pub, here only pretending to be expat

blondetoo,

Are you sure your blonde aswell? Judging from your english grammar, it seems to be the work of a local chinese who has something against indians. :lol: :wink:

bigbird

Postby bigbird » Fri, 12 Aug 2005 9:43 am

newgirl wrote:

Hey- you missed out your full name- StupidandBlondetoo!

What's your definition of an expat? I'd be interested in hearing...

To to OP- ignore the Blondetoo poster- there are lots of genuine people on this forum. Sorry, I am not usually this aggressive, but the intolerance on this board really pisses me off sometimes.

If you are interested in meeting people, why not try some of the events suggested? It can be a bit daunting to turn up and meet people you have met over the internet, however, you will find most people are in a similar position to yourself.

I moved over here on my own, which was difficult, but have met lots of people through various events organised here. I am 31, female and from the UK. If my rant has not scared you - drop me a pm. There's a gang of us who meet regularly and we are always looking to meet new people.

Cheers

i stumbled upon tis forum a number of yrs ago but never participated... for one reason, son-of-a-gun's like blondetoo!...

Heinrich

Postby Heinrich » Fri, 12 Aug 2005 10:45 am

What is wrong about the Indians? I guess a chinese person is posting this... an Indian wud not blame his own community I guess..

bigbird

Postby bigbird » Fri, 12 Aug 2005 12:26 pm

Heinrich wrote:What is wrong about the Indians? I guess a chinese person is posting this... an Indian wud not blame his own community I guess..

********* FLAME BAIT ****************************

lol

weiyt

Postby weiyt » Sun, 14 Aug 2005 5:48 pm

why do u guys want to have a war here?

Everybody can make friends here. :)

Let's be friends in this tiny country.

Ozmate

Ok, let's meet up

Postby Ozmate » Mon, 15 Aug 2005 11:38 pm

Hi, Here a few months now. My workload has finally reduced, but only temporarily. I'd like t meet people, and simplegirl sounds ok. How do we do this? Not sure about giving my number on an open forum. What do you suggest?

cuteguysg1
Regular
Regular

hi

Postby cuteguysg1 » Tue, 16 Aug 2005 3:23 pm

Hey all,

just forget about bad people around here , I dont understand when they dont want to make friends then why they come here and waste their time,at least dont put such messages here...

We all are here to find some true and real friends to have some good time meeting together after our work...

VodkaCranberry79

Postby VodkaCranberry79 » Wed, 17 Aug 2005 6:56 pm

My situation is similar to that of Ozmate's. Been here a couple of months but never had time to go out due to the long hours at work. August is a slow month and I suddenly find myself daydreaming. I'm sure Singapore has alot to offer. I hope I'm right

riversandlakes
Reporter
Reporter

Postby riversandlakes » Thu, 18 Aug 2005 9:41 am

true. why waste time to post "no to friendship"?
Goatboy will always cherish his former goatgirl.
But the world is full of fluffier ones.

JACK_RIPPER

Postby JACK_RIPPER » Thu, 18 Aug 2005 10:16 am

Let's all meet next week at the WDNC, kindly organised by the dead poet ... and have VODKA..!