Singapore Expats Forum

The Holy Bible & the Quran ??

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

andy_

Postby andy_ » Fri, 12 Aug 2005 12:34 pm

Then I mention Bible, I have mean “A Testimony of Jesus Christ”

whatalark
Regular
Regular

Re: the Holy Bible and Quran

Postby whatalark » Fri, 12 Aug 2005 1:57 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
whatalark wrote:gasp gasp roflol gotta get to the washroom oh no oh no.....

is there anything as funny as kids and the stuff that comes out of their mouths??!!

Sometimes what comes out of some of the adults mouths on this forum is just about as silly. I am not making a dig at you whatalark, it is just an observation that I am sure you've noticed as well.

But I did laugh my @$$ off last night when I read it.

sms

Hiya sms - nope, didn't take your comment as a dig. And ya, sometimes what comes out of the mouths of some of the 'adults' here leave me wondering what hope there is for humanity...
no trees were hurt in the making of this post but a few electrons were terribly inconvenienced

samantha
Chatter
Chatter

Postby samantha » Fri, 12 Aug 2005 2:52 pm

the Quran is pretty much similar to the analacts of Confucius.. it looks confusing but it is actually quite easy.. whereas the bible is like one big story book...

Honestly i think the bible is not logical... For example, if the human race came from adam and eve, than that would mean that their children would have to mate and breed each other to get to where we are today...
I'm so stupid that I surprise myself sometimes...

serg

Postby serg » Fri, 12 Aug 2005 3:05 pm

If you know about DNA research, scientists found all modern people come from one couple. So, basically we all relatives, around 300000 years ago in Africa this "mother" start modern human race. I'm not support Bible, its old book, but science shows this.

pinkberry

Postby pinkberry » Fri, 12 Aug 2005 3:56 pm

I'm so sad to get all this replies from you guys....thinking u might give me some knowlegable explaination...yet all these rubbish.. U may not understand GOD's words or find it not logical is because you did not use your heart to understand. Ur brains are full of craps!! Pls ... u people are the ignorant, indugence and indifferent. Not knowing that GOD's wrath is coming on us people cos we are living in a inhumanity world. Pls wake up..

Postby Guest » Fri, 12 Aug 2005 4:10 pm

pinky, which GOD do your mention about? Only in Singapore I count hundred different churches, I was surprise found "Presbyterian" or "Syrians Orthodox" , add here Buddhist temples, Hindu temples, Mosques.
GOD is not like WINDOWS, always have choice to choose.

pinkberry

Postby pinkberry » Fri, 12 Aug 2005 5:17 pm

I'm a Christian..am curious abt whether GOD in the Bible and Quran is the same or not..(cos i didnt read the Quran..i dunno lah) Nevertheless, the bottomline is ...mankind are getting out of control.. destroying their home that GOD has given them.. physically and spiritually... i really wish to tell people to repent their way of living before it is too late..other people may find me out of the mind..but just remember: Everything on earth are temporary..seek only what is eternal...and that is GOD.

hi

Postby hi » Sat, 13 Aug 2005 1:16 am

hi guys...i dont want to offend anybody...but im a sikh..and basically our holy book says that islam is the truest religion in this world and mentions god as ALLAH 99 times...im not strong in my religion or was never religious...but it makes me wonder...since u hear all the bad things happening today in the name of islam...

what do u guys think??

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 13 Aug 2005 9:20 am

pinkberry wrote:I'm so sad to get all this replies from you guys....thinking u might give me some knowlegable explaination...yet all these rubbish.. U may not understand GOD's words or find it not logical is because you did not use your heart to understand. Ur brains are full of craps!! Pls ... u people are the ignorant, indugence and indifferent. Not knowing that GOD's wrath is coming on us people because we are living in a inhumanity world. Pls wake up..

I'm a Christian..am curious abt whether GOD in the Bible and Quran is the same or not..(because i didnt read the Quran..i don't know lah) Nevertheless, the bottomline is ...mankind are getting out of control.. destroying their home that GOD has given them.. physically and spiritually... i really wish to tell people to repent their way of living before it is too late..other people may find me out of the mind..but just remember: Everything on earth are temporary..seek only what is eternal...and that is GOD.

Pinkberry,

I would suggest before you run around condemming people I would suggest that you do some reading which you have already admitted you haven't done. Only then are you able to pass judgement.

sms

briceloh
Reporter
Reporter

Postby briceloh » Sat, 13 Aug 2005 9:37 am

samantha wrote:the Quran is pretty much similar to the analacts of Confucius.. it looks confusing but it is actually quite easy.. whereas the bible is like one big story book...

Honestly i think the bible is not logical... For example, if the human race came from adam and eve, than that would mean that their children would have to mate and breed each other to get to where we are today...

u mean that incest already started at the beginning of time? :shock:
IBMing

Postby Guest » Sat, 13 Aug 2005 10:52 am

incest wasn't incest until man fell and the rest of creation fell with him. in this fallen state, all things were made subject to corruption, including the human genetic code. so came incest as forbidden.

Postby Guest » Sat, 13 Aug 2005 5:31 pm

pinkberry wrote:I'm a Christian..am curious abt whether GOD in the Bible and Quran is the same or not..(because i didnt read the Quran..i don't know lah) Nevertheless, the bottomline is ...mankind are getting out of control.. destroying their home that GOD has given them.. physically and spiritually... i really wish to tell people to repent their way of living before it is too late..other people may find me out of the mind..but just remember: Everything on earth are temporary..seek only what is eternal...and that is GOD.

pink lady,

I am a christian myself.. And I believe GOD is love and HE Does not condomn..Because.. How could One who is love..condomns? In the bible..Jesus Sat and ate with Sinners, Tax Collectors (who are considered unwelcome in those days) and even lepers who were consider unlcean in those days... Are these not love?

Christianity is not a religion..it is a relationship.a living, loving relationship with Jesus who is Alive. From what you post, I think you are going too extreme.. Yes, People Need the Lord.. but God himself has His timing.. Yes, The End is near.. by you posting such messages is not getting people saved but offended. Maybe you should Ask God to show you more of Him..and His Characteristics before you win people over to Christ. Whatever it is.. One truth remains...Jesus Said in matt..I am the way, the Truth and the Life..No one goes to the Father except through me.

In all things, let the Holy Spirit be your guide and teacher..Don't be too religious like the Pharasis in the Bible...

Also always remember that GOD is love and grace...If you read the Bible..You will find he talk about Grace and Love more than another other books on earth.

Just my two cents' worth.
In christ

samantha
Chatter
Chatter

Postby samantha » Sun, 14 Aug 2005 10:10 pm

hey pinkberry...

I feel that you are making comments from a very stubborn christian's point of view.. No offense.. but you have to study other forms of religions in order to understand how they go about. You are having a very miopic view of religion.

I studied the almost every religion (as a past time).. but not very thoroughly.. but sufficiently... I learnt how religion is never accurate as it is often distorted by mankind and his pursuit for power...

Go read the koran or Guru Granth Sahib or buddhist scriptures.. you really need to be enlightened... :wink: Get a wider perception...

samantha
Chatter
Chatter

Postby samantha » Sun, 14 Aug 2005 10:21 pm

Oh and go to this website... Its rather interesting... :mrgreen:

http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/sikhphilo ... bible.html

sved

Postby sved » Mon, 15 Aug 2005 5:38 pm

Theses books are rules and samples of life to find a solution to a problem... they were taken as law codes, and still are for some people today...

Obviously we don't come for Adam and Eve, but the lesson is strong and mark the spirits... even non religious people know the story and it stills impress.

I don't follow religions, but would never say that these books are wrong or right.

They are really complete in the way they have been written, and can surely lead someone who is lost in his/her life, whatever the problem is.
Forgive my english, still learning ...